Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's the poll that previously had a 9% lead for LEAVE, so that's interesting - seems like Cameron's getting a healthy post-deal bounce both there and elsewhere, be curious to see if it lasts beyond the next wave of scare stories about brown people though.

I think the polls will mean little, just like the election. The average joe won't pay much attention til the last few weeks by which time the migrant journeys across the med and knock on chaos in Europe should be in full swing.

However as Murdoch is an inny, it will be interesting to see if all that gets much coverage this time.

If it does I expect an out vote.

The average joe won't pay much attention til the last few weeks by which time the migrant journeys across the med and knock on chaos in Europe should be in full swing.

Perhaps I'm missing the point altogether but how does the refugee crisis affect our membership of the EU? Given that we're an island and have fairly stringent border controls it's not like those granted asylum in a fellow EU country are going to be able to easily relocate here.

Perhaps I'm missing the point altogether but how does the refugee crisis affect our membership of the EU? Given that we're an island and have fairly stringent border controls it's not like those granted asylum in a fellow EU country are going to be able to easily relocate here.

:lol:

What has common sense got to do with the average joe?

Putting Tory voters aside (as we know they're fairly split), there's a lot of average Joe labour voters who will always vote labour in an election, but who probably share a lot of the little englander UKIP mindsets.

As I say, it all depends how the media plays it when it kicks off shortly.

The fear would be, and will be played on, is the refugees are granted EU citizenship in Germany or Sweden, and then will have free access to the UK.

I'd imagine that gaining citizenship would be a long and difficult path though and only granted to those with employment in those countries, the very people unlikely to be flooding our shores. Unfortunately that argument may be too complex or the average idiot with a vote.

:lol:

What has common sense got to do with the average joe?

Putting Tory voters aside (as we know they're fairly split), there's a lot of average Joe labour voters who will always vote labour in an election, but who probably share a lot of the little englander UKIP mindsets.

As I say, it all depends how the media plays it when it kicks off shortly.

I could swear you were playing down the impact of Murdoch and the right wing press during the election... What has suddenly made them more effective manipulators of public opinion, in your view?

I could swear you were playing down the impact of Murdoch and the right wing press during the election... What has suddenly made them more effective manipulators of public opinion, in your view?

As I said above, most people are fairly set in their political allegiance so arnt swayed as much on those issues.

If you say so. I personally feel they're extremely important on all manner of issues. I would also argue that people are 'fixed' in their position on the political spectrum because of 'fixed' agendas in the press...

But anyway, I actually agree that the press will dictate the outcome to this.

If you say so. I personally feel they're extremely important on all manner of issues. I would also argue that people are 'fixed' in their position on the political spectrum because of 'fixed' agendas in the press...

But anyway, I actually agree that the press will dictate the outcome to this.

Put it this way. Take all of the Tory haters on here. Nothing Murdochs empire says is going to suddenly make Renton or NJS etc vote conservative.

With this referendum it's possible to put your party loyalty to one side and therefore be more swayed by the media.

• 1 month later...