Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Murdoch once said he prefers Britain to the EU because British governments do what he tells them to do, where brussels doesn't listen. No wonder then that the Murdoch dominated press is for leaving.

havent changed my mind, still Brexit.

No wish to be a euro slave...

How are you, or going to be, a euro slave? How will your life improve out of Europe?

Genuine questions BTW, I just can't get my head around why so many people are willing to take a leap into the complete unknown with, as far as I can tell, no promise of benefits in return.

There's an Indian lad who sits opposite me who's very much pro-out on immigration grounds funnily enough but then again he doesn't support any kind of welfare state or workers rights as he's a complete cunt so it isn't surprising really.

How are you, or going to be, a euro slave? How will your life improve out of Europe?

Genuine questions BTW, I just can't get my head around why so many people are willing to take a leap into the complete unknown with, as far as I can tell, no promise of benefits in return.

Imagine the feeling of freedom the day after the referendum though. To finally be freed from the chains of the EU and walk the streets of these British Isles a free man.

.... Aye you're completely right, it'll make fuck all difference for any of us. There will undoubtedly be those with vested interests in a position to benefit, but everyone else will see zero benefit.

It's not exactly a total unknown though. We have been out of it before and there are plenty of countries who get by without being part of a union.

It's certainly uncertain how the mechanics of a Brexit would operate, but we will continue to import and export. Even the treasury says IF a recession followed it would be short and shallow. Life will go on.

It's a shame both sides have concentrated on negative scaremongering rather than the positives of each case.

Putting the economic "unknown" to one side, do you have a list of positives you could sell to your average working class man for stopping in?

The world has changed completely since the last time we were in it. All of the power is with corporations and all of the politicians are bought and paid for by them. The EU provides some, albeit limited, protections against that. It will be a fucking shitshow if we leave. Of course Cameron can't mention that in his campaign cos he's as invested in fucking people over as anyone else is. [emoji38]

The world has changed completely since the last time we were in it. All of the power is with corporations and all of the politicians are bought and paid for by them. The EU provides some, albeit limited, protections against that. It will be a fucking shitshow if we leave. Of course Cameron can't mention that in his campaign cos he's as invested in fucking people over as anyone else is. [emoji38]

Isn't it Europe that's about to sign off the mother of corporation bed partners with this USA TTIP.

I did say limited protections. Europe is as in bed with the banks and corporations as the rest. But nobody gives less of a fuck about people than the current dickheads we've got in charge.

I think people will vote to leave unfortunately. Drove up and down m5 and m6 this weekend for a weekend in the lakes (I live in South Wales) and every 10-20 miles or so there's a billboard or trailer or some such proclaiming Vote Leave along with some lowest common denominator guff like "Take Britain Back" or "Support Briatin Not Brussels". At first it just seemed laughable but after a couple hundred miles on motorways that were absolutely choc full of morons (judging by driving behaviour) I became convinced that these tactics, along with the lame Remain campaign and other propagandering in the mainstream media, will work a treat and the result will be Leave.

Imagine the feeling of freedom the day after the referendum though. To finally be freed from the chains of the EU and walk the streets of these British Isles a free man.

.... Aye you're completely right, it'll make fuck all difference for any of us. There will undoubtedly be those with vested interests in a position to benefit, but everyone else will see zero benefit.

But it's the very likely disbenefits of leaving that concern me. Virtually every economic organisation has painted out the risks clearly and all leave can do is squeal about project fear, and seemingly people believe them. And look who is in the leave camp, the biggest cunts known to man. Alright, admittedly remain have cunts like Cameron and Osbourne, but they're of a different calibre of cunt compared with leave, plus most decent people are remain.

My nightmare scenario is if we Brexit we are forced into the EEA and are economically damaged with no positives. Scotland, having voted remain, get a second referendum and secede from the Union. We now have a European border 50 miles from Newcastle. Now, thinking of inward investment, where is a company going to invest? In the NE, outside the EU, or just 50 miles north, inside the EU? The NE will also obviously get no EU development money, and of course the changed demographics of the UK sans Scotland will probably mean we will never get a left leaning party in power again. Grim.

But it's the very likely disbenefits of leaving that concern me. Virtually every economic organisation has painted out the risks clearly and all leave can do is squeal about project fear, and seemingly people believe them. And look who is in the leave camp, the biggest cunts known to man. Alright, admittedly remain have cunts like Cameron and Osbourne, but they're of a different calibre of cunt compared with leave, plus most decent people are remain.

My nightmare scenario is if we Brexit we are forced into the EEA and are economically damaged with no positives. Scotland, having voted remain, get a second referendum and secede from the Union. We now have a European border 50 miles from Newcastle. Now, thinking of inward investment, where is a company going to invest? In the NE, outside the EU, or just 50 miles north, inside the EU? The NE will also obviously get no EU development money, and of course the changed demographics of the UK sans Scotland will probably mean we will never get a left leaning party in power again. Grim.

I know, but think of all the increased sovereignty and bent bananas. Where's your bulldog spirit?!

For what it's worth the economic research/analysis department where I work is strongly pre-remain. I know the banks are generally villains but they do know some useful stuff.

It's not exactly a total unknown though. We have been out of it before and there are plenty of countries who get by without being part of a union.

It's certainly uncertain how the mechanics of a Brexit would operate, but we will continue to import and export. Even the treasury says IF a recession followed it would be short and shallow. Life will go on.

It's a shame both sides have concentrated on negative scaremongering rather than the positives of each case.

Putting the economic "unknown" to one side, do you have a list of positives you could sell to your average working class man for stopping in?

I'm not prepared to put the economics to one side because the EU is primarily about economic cooperation and the view is almost unanimous that withdrawal will be economically damaging.

Anyway, the onus should be on those wanting to change the status quo to put forward their case. Let's be honest, the average Brexiter is most concerned about immigration. On this thread I've repeatedly asked how Brexit will improve immigration. No one has answered.

For what it's worth the economic research/analysis department where I work is strongly pre-remain. I know the banks are generally villains but they do know some useful stuff.

They're sending out deadline reminders here and we had a Tory here recently talking about the benefits of Remain. But I'm under no illusion that that's for anything other than the continued profitability of the business. I think that's why most banks are pro-remain - it provides the scenario most likely to result in rising interest rates, and therefore increased profits. Brexit could feasibly see base rate go in the other direction, which would make things a lot more difficult for your average retail bank.

I'm not a Brexiter, but I think the idea is that it removes 'freedom of movement' and therefore eliminates the potential for every individual in Europe to simultaneously up sticks and head to the UK.

I'm not saying that's a rational argument, but I believe it's the one they're making.