Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not a Brexiter, but I think the idea is that it removes 'freedom of movement' and therefore eliminates the potential for every individual in Europe to simultaneously up sticks and head to the UK.

I'm not saying that's a rational argument, but I believe it's the one they're making.

That would only be true if the UK took the nuclear option and left the EEA altogether though. That won't happen. Immigration will remain unchanged, some people are in for a disappointment if we leave.

Yep, but people don't understand that. All they can see is Turkey gaining to access and the millions of extra people who would be coming in.

Ultimately, regardless of my own views on it, if politicians had dealt with the wider public's concern about immigration properly we'd be in a much better position for this referendum. As it is, the establishment only has itself to blame if we crash out. As enjoyable as that would be to watch normally, on this occasion we will be burning with it. Crazy stuff.

I did say limited protections. Europe is as in bed with the banks and corporations as the rest. But nobody gives less of a fuck about people than the current dickheads we've got in charge.

We can vote them out though every five years.

That would only be true if the UK took the nuclear option and left the EEA altogether though. That won't happen. Immigration will remain unchanged, some people are in for a disappointment if we leave.

You're talking as if it is certain that the UK has a choice in whether we remain with the EEA. It's up to other European countries as to whether they will let us remain rather than the UK deciding.

You're talking as if it is certain that the UK has a choice in whether we remain with the EEA. It's up to other European countries as to whether they will let us remain rather than the UK deciding.

Admittedly I haven't given much thought about us being rejected from the EEA, seems unlikely though as surely our membership would be mutually beneficial. What a mess though, in any case.

I don't think that the EU will be in any mood to do us any favours. They'll want to show the other EU members that you can't just walk away and expect to retain the benefits of membership.

It's mental how out of touch both campaigns are. Cameron giving a press conference today and saying how significant it is that the chair of the US Fed, the head of the World Trade Organisation and the Chairman of Hitachi all think we should stay in the EU.

Nobody that he needs to convince could give a fuck what those people think and are more likely to think that these people have ulterior motives.

Tell us what Barry Chuckle thinks! What are Keith Lemon's three top reasons to Remain? That's what the British public wants to hear.

Worth pointing out as well that the hastily convened press conference was called to point out 6 lies that he says the Leave campaign have been making. So basically a press conference to out his own government ministers as liars. [emoji38]

There was a short snippet on the news this morning with various youths complaining that they didn't understand the issues and that neither campaign was speaking to them. Maybe the youth should pay some fucking attention and try to educate themselves on the issues rather expect everything to be spoon fed to them. Fucking morons.

It's mental how out of touch both campaigns are. Cameron giving a press conference today and saying how significant it is that the chair of the US Fed, the head of the World Trade Organisation and the Chairman of Hitachi all think we should stay in the EU.

Nobody that he needs to convince could give a fuck what those people think and are more likely to think that these people have ulterior motives.

Tell us what Barry Chuckle thinks! What are Keith Lemon's three top reasons to Remain? That's what the British public wants to hear.

Well, as noted earlier, Cheggars is out. :(

I don't think it's a case of preaching to the converted by Cameron there though, it's probably more to motivate people to register and then to get out and vote. For instance, Hitachi have recently opened a large train factory in Bishop Auckland. Their employees need to get out and vote.

There was a short snippet on the news this morning with various youths complaining that they didn't understand the issues and that neither campaign was speaking to them. Maybe the youth should pay some fucking attention and try to educate themselves on the issues rather expect everything to be spoon fed to them. Fucking morons.

:lol:

Or maybe, just maybe, Cameron shouldn't have been such a self serving prick and offered a referendum in the first place? As Dawkins recently pointed out, we live in a representative democracy, not a plebiscite democracy. Your post is a good example of why the latter is a bad idea.

There's a thing in the Guardian about people in south Wales turning to ukip and it's depressing to see people blaming their miserable circumstances which are due to 35 years of neoliberal capitalism on immigration and by extension the EU.

As others have pointed out even if eu immigration and indeed non-Eu were halted tomorrow or even reversed, there's still absolutely no plan to revive their fortunes in any way whatsoever.

plus most decent people are remain.

I laughed at this typical Renton quote this morning.

Just talking to my daughter about the views in the staff room at the local junior school where she works. Apparently 50/50.

Can't believe when the audience member asked about pharmaceutical companies relocating, Farage started wibbling on about how big pharmacy was suppressing alternative medicine. I'm actually surprised at what a monumentally stupid twat he is.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-suggests-lobbying-of-the-eu-has-put-people-producing-alternative-medicine-out-of-a7070021.html

Possibly for the only time ever, I'm now hoping Cameron performs.

Edited by Renton

I think people will vote to leave unfortunately. Drove up and down m5 and m6 this weekend for a weekend in the lakes (I live in South Wales) and every 10-20 miles or so there's a billboard or trailer or some such proclaiming Vote Leave along with some lowest common denominator guff like "Take Britain Back" or "Support Briatin Not Brussels". At first it just seemed laughable but after a couple hundred miles on motorways that were absolutely choc full of morons (judging by driving behaviour) I became convinced that these tactics, along with the lame Remain campaign and other propagandering in the mainstream media, will work a treat and the result will be Leave.

Did a return trip from Durham to Swansea the other week and yep - the motorways were fucking plastered with leave propaganda, which seemed to peak with a twin-screen giant Orwellian UKIP advert.

Frightening, so I necked two fosters, got a taxi, discussed the Brexit and went home to walk the whippet to the flat cap shop, leave guvnor.

I saw a pair of Mackem cunts putting a leave banner up over the A19 this afternoon, just south of the A690.

I may have myself a little trip on Friday , cable snips at the ready. :lol: