Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He's got to stay on the ticket. To be honest, I think he even deserves to be, as plenty of people seem to want him there. The issue is that Labour can't be a broad church anymore, the referendum has split them. The centre will head off to the Lib Dems, or a pact with the Lib Dems, and Corbyn will keep on the left. The problem though is that the vote will be split, and no one will be able to stop the right wing governments.

Will Self was 100% spot on when he said both the Tories and labour were too broad a church and need to split into at least 2 separate parties

Petty or weren't confident? ;)

like England losing to Iceland. Tbf though, if I'd seen someone else post that I'd have thought it was pathetic so I take it back. Happy to admit I made the post though

Tell you what I don't like about corbyn - the most important political debate and vote of our tecent times and he's the invisible man. But whnw there's a legitimate challenge to his leadership post - Brexit and all of a sudden he's playing to his audience

Edited by Alex

Sure there'll ups and downs but like a rubber ball, it'll be bouncing back up again. Like the famous English philosopher, George Bernard Shaw said, 'what goes up, must come down and vice versa'.

:lol:

Sarah Palin applauded the leave voters for outfoxing globalists who would bring about an apocalyptic One World Government, she wrote on Facebook. That is because the European Union, in her words, is a One World Government mini-me. Palin insinuated that the United States, too, could be staring down eschaton unless it extracted itself from the globalists: May UN shackles be next on the chopping block

Just got in and had a quick scroll through :lol:

What can I say. There's a mood in the elitest media and the guardian class, that is so bitter they just want to focus on the negative. (Note, I don't include those who are genuinely scared or worried for their personal circumstances).

Same is happening in hear to some degree with a search for the gloomiest stories or tweets.

We are only 4 days in to a process that is envisaged to last 2-3 years.

The political situation is complicated because the PM has resigned and its up to the new PM to make the strategic decisions. NOT Boris.

Article 50 hasn't started and Cameron set out today what was currently underway in government to lay the way for the negotiations to begin.

The financial situation. I think I mentioned on here well before the vote that we may well go through a recession. We may, we may not, but as I've pointed out several times (to gloom), perspective is lacking (more likely ignored) when looking at what has happened so far.

My decision. So far, I am still happy about the vote and still believe (as I've said many times), that we will be a stronger, more prosperous, more democratic country when the deal is done.

My main criteria are outside the EU and able to trade freely with who we like, including EU. I would like more control of WHO we let in, but immigration has never been a decider for me so if we end up with free movement I'll still be happy.

As for Labour. I can't quite believe what's going on. The party is killing itself live on TV. UKIP must be loving this.

I'm so bitter, I'm searching for bad news. And you have to look so long and hard to find it :lol:

Global markets lose record $3tn since Brexit vote

https://next.ft.com/content/91dd01b6-3caf-11e6-8716-a4a71e8140b0

Business as usual, you massive moron

Edited by Dr Gloom

I'm so bitter, I'm searching for bad news. And you have to look so long and hard to find it :lol:

Global markets lose record $3tn since Brexit vote

https://next.ft.com/content/91dd01b6-3caf-11e6-8716-a4a71e8140b0

Business as usual, you massive moron

I said you need perspective when comparing figures.

The pound, 100 and 250 have all risen today. That doesn't mean turmoils over, just markets.

I'm sure with each news story they will chop and change over the next month.

At this point I just hope we get to keep freedom of movement. I'd like as little to change as possible, even if it means Europe thinks we're utterly mental.

At this point I just hope we get to keep freedom of movement. I'd like as little to change as possible, even if it means Europe thinks we're utterly mental.

I think you'll have a bit more clarity on that over the next few days as the conservative leadership candidates emerge. Definitely seems to be a lot of different positions emerging such as Hunt saying don't trigger article 50 for years and a 2nd referendum on the final offer.

I said you need perspective when comparing figures.

The pound, 100 and 250 have all risen today. That doesn't mean turmoils over, just markets.

I'm sure with each news story they will chop and change over the next month.

so you now accept this isn't business as usual and we're experiencing the widely predicted global market turmoil off the back of Brexit. And by definition that "project fear" were right. Well done, this is progress. Edited by Dr Gloom

I think you'll have a bit more clarity on that over the next few days as the conservative leadership candidates emerge. Definitely seems to be a lot of different positions emerging such as Hunt saying don't trigger article 50 for years and a 2nd referendum on the final offer.

Jeremy Hunt hasn't got a hope in hell of winning a leadership contest. Corbyn would beat Hunt in a general election man. He's almost universally despised.

Sky reporting Osborne just said taxes will need to be raised and public spending cut following the UK's vote to leave the EU. So much for calming the markets, Gideon

Sky reporting Osborne just said taxes will need to be raised and public spending cut following the UK's vote to leave the EU. So much for calming the markets, Gideon

Aye watch him do fuck all to the top rate of tax though. We can't upset those millionaires.

Even I would vote Corbyn over Hunt. ;)

Think Cameron has indicated we use stay in the single market. When will the thickos realise that means we MUST keep free movement. We'll end up with some shitty compromise whereby nothing has been solved and the nation's self loathing continues unabated. Meanwhile England will be a more divided and, the early signs suggest, a more hateful place than ever before.

This referendum has truly revealed how stupid and insular this country is.

Oh for fucks sake. We can't even turn around and say 'well the rich did this to us, they should pay' this time.

Even I would vote Corbyn over Hunt. ;)

Think Cameron has indicated we use stay in the single market. When will the thickos realise that means we MUST keep free movement. We'll end up with some shitty compromise whereby nothing has been solved and the nation's self loathing continues unabated. Meanwhile England will be a more divided and, the early signs suggest, a more hateful place than ever before.

This referendum has truly revealed how stupid and insular this country is.

Agreed. And as long as freedom of movement is kept, I'll just pretend the rest of it isn't happening. Possibly by moving to London.

We were warned and can have no complaints. Does he not need parliamentary approval though?