Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its pretty obvious that all parties have blood on their hands over the last 40 years with regard to the working class.

That's true and with hindsight the miners' strike was a brutal put down of the North. Hardly heard a squeak since.
It's sad with this vote the Conservative have got their dream of making England back into a feudal fiefdom where the peasants have got nowhere to escape to.

Mate I kind of understood and believed in the whole shabang till Greece happened. Then I saw it for what it was a banking cartel and a hostage currency.

I put aside all my worries about creeping Federalism (cause I know the Germans aren't evil)...The early ideas of the EU, the scope, the outreach, the getting money and opportunities out to the periphery....The social contract it was all good. I used to have a moan on here now and again about it as more and more legislation started piling up...All rubber stamped by bored and overpaid MEP's voting depending on which grouping the are in....Smaller and smaller debating times and the sneering disregard for national sovereignty when nations said no to treaties.

Ultimately we could have swallowed all of that in the name of co-operation and subsidiarity. But when they broke Greece it was unforgivable, I was with some Greeks in Berlin around that time and they literally wept when they talked about their homeland.

The EU crushed Greece because a few fucking banks wanted their money back and in the scheme of things its peanuts but the ECB wouldn't relent and Schauble (the one in the wheelchair was on German telly grinning). Even the IMF which is the mother of all evil wanted to cut a deal ffs!

It's a political project not a social project, its an impenetrable construct deliberately so that the higher ups don't have to answer to the people. But you know it could have worked if they had (and after Brexit they still might) become or at least offered to become more transparent, sensitive and flexible (I mean we're talking about the future of millions of people here).

America wants it because it wants an EU army to confront Russia (you see how its moved east as fast as it can and finally stopped at Ukraine), they also want it so they don't have to fanny around dealing with nation states - yeah get TTIP through in one quick go...

But it still fucking could have worked, it should have worked and it should have been a beacon to the world on how rich countries invest their surplus in the periphery and over time opportunities are there for everyone...But they haven't been...The German surplus goes to Wall street and they are ready to fuck countries over for pennies because the Corporate round table and the banks have taken it over. The EU could literally fund half of Europe forever without blinking, the ECB has access to financial instruments and money markets and could print bonds over any length of time if properly backed by some of the richest countries on the planet...But these cunts choose not to and for why...Short term greed and financial leverage over weaker states.

We won't be allowed to leave and it will be an EEA deal with some tweaks around free movement. Deep down I want us to leave but in all reality the only hope this monster has is if we continue give it heart attacks and make it look at itself in the mirror. :lol:

nb Some of these Tories are insane though and might still fuck it up.

Nicely put, Herr Parkenstein

Luton voted to leave by quite a large margin. Well done, them. I know it's potentially just a few jobs atm but I find it difficult to believe a lot of these sorts of firms won't look to relocate in the long-term. Even if the UK gets a decent post-Brexit EU deal (and assuming they do, what will have been the point?) then, who's to say that deal won't get worse in time? We won't have much influence and we'll also have no veto on any further EU regulation changes.

Co-ordinated counter punching from Carney yesterday with the promised monetary boost and from Osborne today, abandoning his fiscal targets. Brexit has actually given him a convenient excuse to hide the fact that austerity has failed. Shame it might overshadow that. He would never have made the surplus by the end of this parliament even if we'd vote do remain.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Well well well, excellent speech by Grove.

Following through on all promises from the campaign including the£100 million a week extra for the NHS and removal of VAT on gas / electricity bills.

Going to be an interesting battle if the party forgives him for wielding the knife.

Following through on all promises from the campaign including the£100 million a week extra for the NHS and removal of VAT on gas / electricity bills.

Going to be an interesting battle if the party forgives him for wielding the knife.

They won't. He's toast.

Nice new angle on wummery there CT. :)

You're Boldon's answer to Michael Gove. I bet people turn up at jobs only for you to already be there loading your car with their passengers.

Was trying to work out if we could get bi-lateral free movement deals with individual countries as maj voting now applies if we exclude the A8. :)

That would be encouraging but would the masses go for it? For instance, if Germany is taking on and naturalising many tens of thousands of Syrians, won't the racists just complain that they'll get in as well?

How likely does anyone think renewed/improved trade deals with the Chinese are now? And in which industries? I speak Chinese and may as well to try capitalise if that's the way we're going...

I am sure you will be announcing you have ditched support for May soon and are supporting Gove, to get a response. You've been far too agreeable recently. :)

:lol:

Well it's a leadership campaign so it's worth seeing what they all have to offer. So far.

May: seems pretty genuine, good negotiator, safe steady pair of hands, seemed positive about implementing Brexit.

Gove: very positive on implementing Brexit and promises. Actually believed in it, always has. Has a vision of change for domestic politics rather than steady as she goes.

Both really have to flesh out more details over the next few months not only on domestic policies, but also which version of Brexit they are going for.

I just can't see the party members forgiving Grove for knifing Boris.

If I was choosing today I would probably go for May as PM and Grove in charge of Brexit.