Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's plenty of foreign taxi drivers. Are they cheap labour? If imagine they get the same wages as you

Well in way yes.

EG: 10 years ago there would be 50 drivers to an office and plenty of work to go round. Now you might have 100 drivers sharing the same workload.

A lot of drivers have no choice but to taxi so just watch their wages drop.

Same sort of thing hasn't happened to a lot of the trades over the years. It's just pushed wages down.

Look at Sports direct warehouse. Full of immigrants happy (ish) to work on agency contracts for shit money. If they weren't there he would still need the staff but would probably have to pay a bit more money and offer proper contracts.

It's basic supply and demand and has lead to a race to the bottom.

You're first line is just untrue. I'm happy for your to provide proof to the contrary

If you don't believe a good chunk of the Leave vote was due to people wanting rid of Johnny Foreigner and being daft enough to believe the Sun and the Mail's front pages then you clearly haven't been paying attention to the fallout this week. Nigel Farage being the face of 50% of the coverage should have been a warning sign

CT keeps banging on about cheap labour but where is it? We have a minimum wage in this country, it's not like they are taking 50p a day cash in hand and keeping a nation of work hungry youths out of employment

SEW never said anyone who disagrees with him is racist though. He said the 27% of people who think that immigrants can offer no benefit whatsoever to this country are.

He was then accused of being a huge part of the problem. As if opposing that view is the wrong thing to do and ignorance should be left unchallenged for the sake of the status quo.

Well in way yes.

EG: 10 years ago there would be 50 drivers to an office and plenty of work to go round. Now you might have 100 drivers sharing the same workload.

A lot of drivers have no choice but to taxi so just watch their wages drop.

Same sort of thing hasn't happened to a lot of the trades over the years. It's just pushed wages down.

Look at Sports direct warehouse. Full of immigrants happy (ish) to work on agency contracts for shit money. If they weren't there he would still need the staff but would probably have to pay a bit more money and offer proper contracts.

It's basic supply and demand and has lead to a race to the bottom.

A completely hypothetical 'probably' scenario is proof of bugger all though. Have you been in any sport direct shops? It's almost exclusively teenage white English in the North East

If only Gordon Brown had listened to Gillian Duffy ;)

That'll be that Gordon Brown who I never voted for then, or Blair for that matter. Are you going to mention him selling all the gold too? :razz:

And I think he did listen to her, he just thought what she said was bollocks..... I know how he feels...

SEW never said anyone who disagrees with him is racist though. He said the 27% of people who think that immigrants can offer no benefit whatsoever to this country are.

He was then accused of being a huge part of the problem. As if opposing that view is the wrong thing to do and ignorance should be left unchallenged for the sake of the status quo.

No, I'm the one saying he calls anyone who disagrees with him a racist. It's an observation. He's called me racist before. This is what he said about the 27% who don't see immigration as a benefit:

"It's all about getting rid of the brown people"

Is that a fair assertion on that data? Are you happy for those people to be called racists in the true sense of the word?

This lack of recognition of what are real issues for millions of people IS a huge problem. The liberal left intelligentsia have drifted further away from the disenfranchised more than the far right have, leaving the ground fertile for UKip. And yet still on this thread it's obvious the issue isn't even recognised let alone discussed.

That'll be that Gordon Brown who I never voted for then, or Blair for that matter. Are you going to mention him selling all the gold too? :razz:

And I think he did listen to her, he just thought what she said was bollocks..... I know how he feels...

He dismissed her as a bigot and wasn't remotely bothered by her concerns, whether genuine or perceived. I'm getting Deja Vu here.

CT keeps banging on about cheap labour but where is it? We have a minimum wage in this country, it's not like they are taking 50p a day cash in hand and keeping a nation of work hungry youths out of employment

It's not just about minimum wage. It's trades that were on £15 per hour that are now on £10 per hour.

Or self employed plumbers, rulers, sparkys, bricklayers who have seen wages plummet.

Yet any Labour support with differing views to yours is ruining 'YOUR' party apparently?

Michael Gove's policies appear to be in keeping with many of the things you're angry at Corbyn for not addressing. Is it time to switch sides?

It's not just about minimum wage. It's trades that were on £15 per hour that are now on £10 per hour.

Or self employed plumbers, rulers, sparkys, bricklayers who have seen wages plummet.

That's skilled labour, not cheap labour.

When shown that 52% of people had concerns about immigration he said "it's all about getting rid of the brown people".

Concern over immigration doesn't = racist.

:lol: OK you're now precisely talking about me.....as a qualified sparky what do you think I was getting an hour on my last contract before last Christmas?

A completely hypothetical 'probably' scenario is proof of bugger all though. Have you been in any sport direct shops? It's almost exclusively teenage white English in the North East

:lol: you asked a direct question. I answered it and you've got your fingers in your ears going nur, nur, na nur nur.

When shown that 52% of people had concerns about immigration he said "it's all about getting rid of the brown people".

That statement holds as long as concern over immigration = concern over excessive child birth.

At last I think it does...

I was being sarky man :lol:

And for a lot of people it clearly does. Racist incidents up five fold this week iirc

He dismissed her as a bigot and wasn't remotely bothered by her concerns, whether genuine or perceived. I'm getting Deja Vu here.

:lol:

People who bandy the word "racist" around regularly are usually jumping to conclusions that don't bare a lot of scrutiny.... Are people who share Britain First posts on Facebook racist?...some openly are, most are just a bit thick and wound up by the media, leading them to the ballot box...

Edited by PaddockLad

:lol: OK you're now precisely talking about me.....as a qualified sparky what do you think I was getting an hour on my last contract before last Christmas?

I'm not

I've no idea

And I know you understand all about importing cheap labour so just make your point :lol:

That's people having suppressed wages due to immigration. I'm unsure how you are not getting this.

I'm not getting it because you're making it up :lol:

Electricians don't charge half price because there's a load of polish sparkys running around stealing their work

I'm not getting it because you're making it up :lol:

Electricians don't charge half price because there's a load of polish sparkys running around stealing their work

Jesus man there's been countless research on this. The people immigration effects is most severe at the bottom and least severe at the top of society, particularly on wages.

I'm not

I've no idea

And I know you understand all about importing cheap labour so just make your point :lol:

I do know all about it because I work(ed) with these lads every day for over a decade, so you are talking precisely about me and the (self) employment environment I work in. I was on £16-55 an hour, 45 hours a week = £744-75, less 20% CIS tax @ source= £595 per week. Semi skilled ( as most immigrant Labour still is in my trade, you need a good grasp of English to pass the exams) they earn about £12.

The time my wages went down and work became tricky ( recently) was when the banks crashed 2008-9ish, which am sure even you wouldn't blame the Poles for :D

Rates have gone up about £1-50 to £2 an hour since I've been away this year too. I expect next year they'll come tumbling down again though, I'll let you fill in the blanks why. Your claims are baseless, you plainly know nothing about this game but are trying to claim that you do, why is that?

Jesus man there's been countless research on this. The people immigration effects is most severe at the bottom and least severe at the top of society, particularly on wages.

And there's countless studies that say immigration has no effect on wages. Stop pretending it's a consensus among experts on this issue.

The London School of Economics is the most recent to claim it hasn't affected wages. There are many many more if you a quick google search. As with most cases, you can find experts who have different opinions on it. There is no consensus on this. And even a lot of the studies that claim immigration has had an effect, concede that the financial crash has had a far bigger effect on the longest sustained period of wage suppression in living memory.