Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tusk reckons it will be hard Bx or no Bx.

Seems he's laying down some kind of marker for his masters. This is the problem with the EU they just won't talk or accept there might be need for some change and that feelings are high in many countries. A lifelong politician who hails from Poland - largely a third world country that has had massive influx of EU money (inc our own) who's people have for a decade been welcomed and work in the UK....Yet here he is acting like some kind of attack dog. Some of these piddling little countries might need think back to when we risked everything to save their nations from the Nazis. There are a lot of good people sitting on the fence at the moment looking to negotiate and compromise on both sides. I genuinely hope it doesn't get nasty...Because nobody does nasty better than us.

Edited by Park Life

Seems he's laying down some kind of marker for his masters. This is the problem with the EU they just won't talk or accept there might be need for some change and that feelings are high in many countries. A lifelong politician who hails from Poland - largely a third world country that has had massive influx of EU money (inc our own) who's people have for a decade been welcomed and work in the UK....Yet here he is acting like some kind of attack dog. Some of these piddling little countries might need think back to when we risked everything to save their nations from the Nazis. There are a lot of good people sitting on the fence at the moment looking to negotiate and compromise on both sides. I genuinely hope it doesn't get nasty...Because nobody does nasty better than us.

What a load of shit. Nobody had a better deal from Europe than us. All the advantages of the single market

, and a near monopoly on the financial market, without the encumbrance of scheghen or the euro. We even had a rebate ffs. Now we arrogantly want to have our cake, eat it, and leave the crumbs for the rest to clear up. What obnoxious neighbours we are, no wonder next door has had enough and has told us to get fucked.

As for bringing WW2 into it. Well, you know you have no argument when you resort to that.

From the Polish treasury.

3-3202_g.jpg

http://msp.gov.pl/en/polish-economy/economic-news/4015,dok.html

Economic News

Poland to get nearly EUR 106 bln from 2014-2020 EU budget pool.

You do know we're the 3rd highest net contributor? :lol:

You talk like the EU gave London the financial sector. It has been for over a 100 years a world leading financial hub mate. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

CDU MEP Hermann Winkler has called for a coalition between the AfD and his party. 

He says that if they joined forces at both national and the federal level there could be co-operation with the right-wing populists which would effectively secure Mrs Merkel's control of the state."

Merkel trying to cut a deal with the hard right. :lol:

I thought New York was the leading financial hub until around the turn of the century. I recall a lot of upbeat news coming out at the time it was 'confirmed'.

Also, Rents, if the EU leaders can't see why this has happened, they're doomed to repeat it. Obviously you know I think it was a stupid decision we made, and that it reflects very poorly on us, but the EU should be paying attention to the causes.

As for bringing WW2 into it. Well, you know you have no argument when you resort to that.

:lol: aye, there's none so patriotic than an ex pat

I thought New York was the leading financial hub until around the turn of the century. I recall a lot of upbeat news coming out at the time it was 'confirmed'.

Also, Rents, if the EU leaders can't see why this has happened, they're doomed to repeat it. Obviously you know I think it was a stupid decision we made, and that it reflects very poorly on us, but the EU should be paying attention to the causes.

The causes are intrinsic to the EU project though, chiefly free movement of people and goods. Can't see them giving way on these core principles. May and band of merry fools can play to their gallery and bluster all they want but they'll get about as much change from negotiations with this lot as Cameron did iyam.

From the Polish treasury.

3-3202_g.jpg

http://msp.gov.pl/en/polish-economy/economic-news/4015,dok.html

Economic News

Poland to get nearly EUR 106 bln from 2014-2020 EU budget pool.

You do know we're the 3rd highest net contributor? :lol:

You talk like the EU gave London the financial sector. It has been for over a 100 years a world leading financial hub mate. :lol:

As higher earners we are expected to pay more, what's wrong with that? Our net EU contributions are what, about 0.5% of GDP? Less than our foreign aid budget and about 6 time less than the expected disbenefit from leaving the customs union (before factoring in tariff costs). Financial services was a benefit for us in the EU, let's wave some of them goodbye as we rightfully lose our passporting rights.

The EU is not perfect but has largely been used as a scapegoat imo. Our country's problems are domestic and largely of our own making, which will blatantly become apparent in the next decade. I've always said the EU absorbing the eastern bloc was a mistake though.

Nice to see someone picking up the WUM mantle while CT is MIA.

The EU is not perfect but has largely been used as a scapegoat imo. Our country's problems are domestic and largely of our own making, which will blatantly become apparent in the next decade. I've always said the EU absorbing the eastern bloc was a mistake though.

I totally agree with this. Our government hiding in plain sight as usual

Think that's one of the reasons why the vote went the way it did. The political establishment found it convenient to blame stuff on Brussels for years. Then when they tried to tell people leaving would be a disaster it's not surprising a lot of people didn't buy it.

"Bayonet the wounded all you like, Leavers, but the nation waits to hear your plans. You have the baton. Where are you going to run?

Blaming The Guardian, blaming The Times, blaming fat British businessmen, blaming golf, Marmite, Japanese car bosses and the governor of the Bank of England, lashing out at the “doom-mongers” and “naysayers”, the “international bankers” who would “talk our country down”, as though the strong fundamentals of “the world’s fifth-largest economy” that you promised would power us easily through are now candles in the wind, snuffable by a handful of weedy newspaper columnists . . . blaming everyone and everything but your own lack of an agreed plan, is futile."

More of this in the non-lefty-do-gooder press please.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/were-heading-for-the-biggest-crisis-since-suez-vhqxzcpl7

I used to hate Mathew Parris in the Times but since the referendum was announced his opinion pieces have been absolutely spot on. Or maybe I'm just becoming a wet tory. ;)

Increasingly I can't see a good outcome out of this, even the less bad outcomes are looking increasingly bad. I don't think any of the Brexiters have a fucking clue.