Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought the Lib Dems were going to swoop in and save the day though? That's what I've been reading over the past week anyway.

I'm rather disappointed by that Labour position I have to say, but maybe the view is that they shouldn't reveal their hand before the Tories have done so. They'll have set this out with one eye on the working classes and the other on the middle classes. They're in a tough position generally.

This sort of thing highlights Corbyn's failures for me. He just isn't comfortable in the limelight and, as such, seems so reluctant when it comes to seizing the initiative.

This sort of thing highlights Corbyn's failures for me. He just isn't comfortable in the limelight and, as such, seems so reluctant when it comes to seizing the initiative.

Yep, even I'd agree with this line of reasoning, the more we see it. It's a shame but there we go. I expect he'll realise it sooner rather than later though, and will likely step aside.

Yep, even I'd agree with this line of reasoning, the more we see it. It's a shame but there we go. I expect he'll realise it sooner rather than later though, and will likely step aside.

The government need to be called out. We need to know exactly what they plan to get out of any negotiations with the EU. The 'Brexit means Brexit' line is so utterly meaningless. You could argue that's a clever ploy. In any case, we weren't given any accurate information about what the plans were for Brexit before the referendum and we haven't been since. That's why the phrase they keep trotting out is so nebulous. Probably deliberately so but that's why they have to be taken to task over it by the opposition. Demand a coherent plan from the government then, if nothing's forthcoming, seize upon that and say what Labour intends to do instead. Playing the waiting game just buys the Tories time and playing into their hands. In other words, FUCKING DO SOMETHING!

leaders are supposed to lead, aren't they?

Yep, it's a shame actually that Corbyn isn't leadership material. He's demonstrated the policies that a lot of people want and will vote for, but has an inability (seemingly) to execute or even really publicise these. That said, he's experiencing a media shutout IMO, so it's difficult to put the blame on him. The Guardian for instance barely picks him up on anything at all. I can't imagine this is because he isn't saying things.

I'll look into it I guess, it'd be useful to know.

if in doubt, blame the MSM

Not blaming them per se, just noticing that previously we had wall to wall anti-Corbyn coverage, and now nothing. And I mean the Guardian anyway, not the rest of them. No idea how any of the others portray him but I imagine it isn't favourably.

I've agreed that Corbyn isn't doing a good job of getting his message across, surely you'd permit me an opportunity to actually look into it?

David Davis and Philip Hammond met with representatives from the UK FS industry yesterday to receive their orders on how to proceed with Brexit. Now that they've been given their opinion, we might start to hear more about it.

Glad to hear we'll be getting a "red, white and blue Brexit". I quite fancy a Luxembourg or a Slovakia Brexit myself. Nice castles. Or maybe a Costa Rica Brexit, they have dinosaur islands and everything.

That guy is a useful commentator on these things I have to say. The thing is though, that reading that is just depressing - anyone with half a brain knows he's right, but none of that message will get through. I had a look at the DM comments and they're all full of 'ISD telling it like it is as usual' style comments.

Edited by Rayvin

So Jacob Rees-Still-Plays-Soggy-Biscuit-Mogg has suggested using India as a model for our environmental and safety regulations in a post-Brexit world.

So, cheaper train tickets if you sit on the outside?

So Jacob Rees-Still-Plays-Soggy-Biscuit-Mogg has suggested using India as a model for our environmental and safety regulations in a post-Brexit world.

The same India where the government is running an advertising campaign to try and shame the older generation into not shitting in public.

Posters with pictures of children and taglines such as:

“Uncle, you wear a tie around your neck, shoes on your feet, but you still defecate in the open. What kind of progress is this?”

"You may have a smartphone in your hand, but you still squat on train tracks.”

[emoji38]

I shit in the open you not.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/worldviews/wp/2016/09/08/indias-government-is-now-shaming-people-into-using-toilets/?client=ms-android-orange-gb

The same India where the government is running an advertising campaign to try and shame the older generation into not shitting in public.

Posters with pictures of children and taglines such as:

“Uncle, you wear a tie around your neck, shoes on your feet, but you still defecate in the open. What kind of progress is this?”

"You may have a smartphone in your hand, but you still squat on train tracks.”

[emoji38]

I shit in the open you not.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/worldviews/wp/2016/09/08/indias-government-is-now-shaming-people-into-using-toilets/?client=ms-android-orange-gb

As long as there's plenty of Dock leaves this shouldn't be a problem, tbh. :good:

:lol: