Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

“We want a fair deal for the UK,” Muscat said. “But that deal needs to be inferior to membership … Thinking it can be otherwise indicates a detachment from reality.”

Few on the continent seem convinced Britain has grasped this. “At the moment, it seems like Mrs May thinks of the EU as a restaurant where she can walk in order everything on the menu and then demand that the restaurant itself pays the bill,” the former Bulgarian prime minister Sergei Stanishev said last week.

“My view this is creating an illusion for domestic purposes, or it’s wishful thinking.”

That's basically it in a nutshell.

There are a number of people on the Brexit side who seem convinced that we have the upper hand in negotiations for some reason, and for the life of me I just can't see how.

What frustrates me more than anything here though is that both the EU and the UK governments will present the outcome as 'a great deal' by couching it in utter gibberish so that we don't really know what it means. And then there'll be a public inquiry or review 10 years down the line when those involved have either left office or died (basically, have become unaccountable), which will reveal that actually, the deal was beyond shit.

May has already read page one of "negotiatioting- a bell end's guide" and stated that she's willing to walk away with no deal and just leave in 2019, which is what most folk who voted out want and expect.

I think the lords this week will send it back to the commons with a clause inserted guaranteeing the status of EU nationals already here. After that it gets interesting, will the other bunch of goons remove it again? I don't think there's any guarantees on that like, and for me that's the crux, do we have a stone cold rule on basically making over 3 million people currently residing in the uk no longer legally entitlied to live and work here or do we continue to be a modern fully functioning society? Will they compromise and do a deal on workers in say the financial sector and maybe construction? I've just finished a big project at one of Barclays main uk HQs, and it's made me think a lot. The two main languages outside of English I heard in the corridors were French and Spanish, and obviously being a major construction project there were lots of Polish lads. MPs know all this, but are they too scared of de selection to fudge it?..

May has already read page one of "negotiatioting- a bell end's guide" and stated that she's willing to walk away with no deal and just leave in 2019, which is what most folk who voted out want and expect.

I think the lords this week will send it back to the commons with a clause inserted guaranteeing the status of EU nationals already here. After that it gets interesting, will the other bunch of goons remove it again? I don't think there's any guarantees on that like, and for me that's the crux, do we have a stone cold rule on basically making over 3 million people currently residing in the uk no longer legally entitlied to live and work here or do we continue to be a modern fully functioning society? Will they compromise and do a deal on workers in say the financial sector and maybe construction? I've just finished a big project at one of Barclays main uk HQs, and it's made me think a lot. The two main languages outside of English I heard in the corridors were French and Spanish, and obviously being a major construction project there were lots of Polish lads. MPs know all this, but are they too scared of de selection to fudge it?..

We have Dutch, French and Polish members in our team. Two of them have kids born here who are more than 5 and know nothing else. The way they've been described as bargaining chips is cuntish even for tories.

We have Dutch, French and Polish members in our team. Two of them have kids born here who are more than 5 and know nothing else. The way they've been described as bargaining chips is cuntish even for tories.

It's gone a bit under the radar all this, there's been a bit in the media but it's not made major headlines. Any idea which way your colleagues think it will go?

51%2BB8cqHZ8L._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jp

It's gone a bit under the radar all this, there's been a bit in the media but it's not made major headlines. Any idea which way your colleagues think it will go?

Only really talked to the French lad who was actually born in Cambodia but moved to France when he was a kid to escape Pol Pot! - he's been in the UK 11 years and has thought about citizenship previously but didn't want to spend the 3k it takes. He doesn't know what he's going to do now.

Only really talked to the French lad who was actually born in Cambodia but moved to France when he was a kid to escape Pol Pot! - he's been in the UK 11 years and has thought about citizenship previously but didn't want to spend the 3k it takes. He doesn't know what he's going to do now.

I still think there's a fair chance of a deal, but it will depend on Tory MPs outside the major cities letting their heads rule their career ambitions.

From the pot into the frying pan.

Well my lass is French so this is understandably causing us some concern. However I also work with two Spanish lads who are horrible pricks of the highest order and I'll be glad to see the back of them. Swings and roundabouts.

Can't wait for the cracking deal we're about to get. Worse off with no discernible benefits (even to those who oppose immigration). GREAT

Like Face nearly said, I love it when a cracking plan comes together. :good:

You can tell by the ad hominen responses from his own party that they know he's absolutely correct. I get the feeling it suits them though, Brexit is a way of destroying the welfare state under the guise of 'giving the people what they want'.