Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It seems that there is actually a chance of retaining EU citizenship in some form, on an individual basis:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/mar/10/let-britons-keep-freedom-of-movement-says-eus-brexit-negotiator

Would anyone go for this if it becomes a reality?

:hiya:

What we should do is have this arrangement in place whereby we make a contribution to the EU and in return we get access to the single market, have freedom of movement, get a say in making decisions but don't need to sign up to the Euro.

It seems that there is actually a chance of retaining EU citizenship in some form, on an individual basis:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/mar/10/let-britons-keep-freedom-of-movement-says-eus-brexit-negotiator

Would anyone go for this if it becomes a reality?

I'll go with that if I can't persuade Sweden to give me a passport, aye. :good:

I suspect we'd all have to pay something towards the EU budget though, so that's worth keeping in mind.

Like a monthly subscription?

What we should do is have this arrangement in place whereby we make a contribution to the EU and in return we get access to the single market, have freedom of movement, get a say in making decisions but don't need to sign up to the Euro.

:lol:

Genius. Why wasn't this ever on the table?

Incidentally, I work with someone who has expressed a desire to retire to Spain. They're now concerned about how Brexit might make this more difficult.

They voted Leave.

I shit thee not

Edited by Alex

Genius. Why wasn't this ever on the table?

I'd like the agreement to include staying out of Schengen so we can effectively control non-EU movement across our borders. You know what, we should be really cheeky and ask for a rebate too. Shy bairns and all that...

I'd like the agreement to include staying out of Schengen so we can effectively control non-EU movement across our borders. You know what, we should be really cheeky and ask for a rebate too. Shy bairns and all that...

We're fucking stupid, we really are.