Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

More good Brexit News as ratings agency srandard and poor upgraded the outlook for British banks with regard to Brexit.

Elsewhere, JP Morgan said that a free trade agreement covering financial services would prove even better for banks than staying in the EU.

Sent from my IPhone using tapatalk (St. Petersburg).

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

More good Brexit News as ratings agency srandard and poor upgraded the outlook for British banks with regard to Brexit.

Elsewhere, JP Morgan said that a free trade agreement covering financial services would prove even better for banks than staying in the EU.

Yes. An agreement that we may or may not get.

As long as the bankers are okay though?

4 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

St. Petersburg? I always suspected you were a Russian troll 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Balance of power is shifting now anyway IMO, with or without banking centralised in NY and London. Europe is the only answer for the West, and we're heading the wrong way.

You're out of your fucking mind. Half those banks in Europe are technically insolvent. Then you have to consider the second layer of financial legislation (EU style) that the money markets need like a hole in the head (Visa a vie no fucker wants to move settlement to Frankfurt). As we start to move away from cheap energy business costs are about to rise especially in the EU (with its Greening legislation). If Voodoo economics doesn't continue and the money printing its gonna be Walking Dead all over the place.

Edited by Park Life

Just now, Park Life said:

You're out of your fucking mind. Half those banks in Europe are technically insolvent. Then you have to consider the second layer of financial legislation (EU style) that the money markets need like a hole in the head (Visa a vie no fucker wants to move settlement to Frankfurt).

Was talking more about geopolitical clout and influence than just banking. All the EU has to do is federalise and it'll have blown the doors off the US hegemony. Banking is only a small part of this, but the decline of London and NY in this sense is a microcosm of the wider trend.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Was talking more about geopolitical clout and influence than just banking. All the EU has to do is federalise and it'll have blown the doors off the US hegemony. Banking is only a small part of this, but the decline of London and NY in this sense is a microcosm of the wider trend.

You sound like Soros. :)

The key to everything now is cheap energy and the EU spends all its waking hours making energy more expensive. /Clueless

The next war will be all about who controls the last big tranche of gas and oil - who can sell it and who has pipeline access. It's what this Syria/Russia/ISIS/Qatar/Saudi thing is all about...It's what Ukraine was all about and its what the upcoming Lebanon/Iran thing will be all about.

Edited by Park Life

You think? I think there's a fair chance the next war could be triggered simply by diplomatic abnormalities at the moment. Having said that, before Trump was on the scene my money was on water shortages in the Far East.

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

You think? I think there's a fair chance the next war could be triggered simply by diplomatic abnormalities at the moment. Having said that, before Trump was on the scene my money was on water shortages in the Far East.

SA aggressive posture started after Kushner and then Trump visited. The money Russia needs to be able to defend itself relies on Saudi/UAE not getting an angle on the new gas pipelines/America not shipping gas. Qatar is sharing possibly the largest field in the world with Iran hence it got set upon. The Golan heights is about water and gas that you're right about...Israel wants to develop it along with Genie oil (the very same that trigger the war on Syria after Assad turned then down).

Edited by Park Life

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Parky, how long until the Chinese incorporate all of Europe into one of their new fangled mega-cities?

ha ha Of course you're right on the money. China has been designated to take over once America is completely spent.