Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been hugely tolerant of, and sympathetic to, the reasons this happened - but the longer this has gone on, and the more clear it is that nothing anyone thought they were fucking voting for is deliverable, the more I'm seeing the people who voted for it dig their heels in and carry on as if its all going to be ok, just because they don't want to admit they were so easily duped.

So my tolerance ends there. If you're wrong about something you fucking own it, you don't carry on like spoiled children clutching at every imaginable straw and lashing out at everyone else for your own fuck up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I've been hugely tolerant of, and sympathetic to, the reasons this happened - but the longer this has gone on, and the more clear it is that nothing anyone thought they were fucking voting for is deliverable, the more I'm seeing the people who voted for it dig their heels in and carry on as if its all going to be ok, just because they don't want to admit they were so easily duped.

So my tolerance ends there. If you're wrong about something you fucking own it, you don't carry on like spoiled children clutching at every imaginable straw and lashing out at everyone else for your own fuck up.

Alright Brando.

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Absolutely my position apart from being nowhere near as tolerant in the first place.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Rayvin's getting angry, and he's not apologising for it.

End times. 

I've just been reading an article in the Guardian where some Dutch journalist has painted a very frank picture of Britain being shown to be, effectively, the EU's bitch now. And he's dead right. But the comments under it man, I assume from displaced Torygraph readers, basically sticking their fingers in their ears, all saying "Well if you're going to be mean about it, then fuck you, I'm glad we're leaving". 

Just... what the fuck man. Why are people not waking up to this?

Edited by Rayvin

Actually fucking furious after the comments under that article. Willful self delusion. That's all it is now for the Brexit contingent. I'm prepared to fight the corner of anyone who has some meaningful concerns or points to make, but that's not what this is about now for most of them. They're just terrified of having been wrong and too insecure to own it.

Edited by Rayvin

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

I've just been reading an article in the Guardian where some Dutch journalist has painted a very frank picture of Britain being shown to be, effectively, the EU's bitch now. And he's dead right. But the comments under it man, I assume from displaced Torygraph readers, basically sticking their fingers in their ears, basically all saying "Well if you're going to be mean about it, then fuck you, I'm glad we're leaving". 

Just... what the fuck man. Why are people not waking up to this?

I simply don’t understand your position?

Next year we leave the EU, single market and customs union. We will have a two year transition while we agree a free trade deal.

Following the transition we will no longer follow EU laws, we will implement our immigration policy, be paying a vastly reduced fee to the EU and be able to trade freely around the world.

In what way is that not delivering Brexit?

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Next year we leave the EU, single market and customs union. We will have a two year transition while we agree a free trade deal.

Following the transition we will no longer follow EU laws, we will implement our immigration policy, be paying a vastly reduced fee to the EU and be able to trade freely around the world.

The bit where we’ve just handed over 50 billion to try and keep one foot in the EU?

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol:

It's this cake and eat it delusion that's going to give you type II diabetes. 

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

May has continually said we’d pay our dues. 

After the referendum, you utter fuckwit :lol:

Name one 'Brexiteer' ( :lol: ) who said that was what people would be getting if we left the EU?

5 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

That sure as fuck doesn't look like where we're heading CT. It looks like we're going to be sold some manner of new initiative, knowing the Tories quite possible called something like "The Market Single and the Union of Customs" which will be totally different to the Single Market and Customs Union *cough* but will allow us to do everything as we had done previously, somehow. While throwing away all decision making powers. And the only beneficiary of this in any real sense, will be the Tory party.

• Like 1

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Its just basic common sense and nothing agreed today disputes any of it.

It's bit common sense at all. The scenario you hope for is undeliverable and everyone knows it except you. 

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

That sure as fuck doesn't look like where we're heading CT. It looks like we're going to be sold some manner of new initiative, knowing the Tories quite possible called something like "The Market Single and the Union of Customs" which will be totally different to the Single Market and Customs Union *cough* but will allow us to do everything as we had done previously, somehow. While throwing away all decision making powers. And the only beneficiary of this in any real sense, will be the Tory party.

And even then it'll almost certainly be to their long term detriment. Every cloud...

Bit sure how the Tories benefit, unless they take us out the social chapter. 

5 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

BTW feel free to use me as your punching bag :)

The main focus of my ire was not you, but in fairness, you were on here a couple of days ago saying we should cancel the whole thing if we couldn't get a good outcome. If that remains your position, I expect to see you admitting you were wrong in due course, and making clear that you will, if given the opportunity, vote against this lunacy.

I don't give a shit if people have been wrong about something, I'm wrong all the fucking time (ask ewerk). What bothers me is refusing to acknowledge it. If you need more time to be able to do this, fine, but one way or another you will come to this conclusion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Its just basic common sense and nothing agreed today disputes any of it.

Why has it taken this long to get onto even allowing negotiations to proceed if it's all so straightforward?

Just now, Renton said:

Bit sure how the Tories benefit, unless they take us out the social chapter. 

Well it's kept them in power and distracted from their generally farcical handling of the economy. Long term I don't think it helps them but it seems to be for now.

I warned you this morning you were reading too much into the chapter 49 fudge.

Nothing that’s been agreed today rules out any of the things I’ve listed above.

As I’ve said all along, I’m more than happy to say I’ve been sold a pup if FTA’s with the rest of the world are ruled out.