Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol: He's thick as fuck man. Stop arguing with him. 

Telling them not to argue with him is a short step down from arguing with him. :razz: 

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Have you read the documentation? We've agreed to continued alignment no matter what happens. 

No we haven’t man wise up. Nothing agreed til......

How many times do I need to tell you Chapter 49 is the flowery words to get us to Phase 2.

We are not legally bound by it and can still walk away if we want to.

So if we leave the EU, CU and SM. We won’t have a trade deal with any other country in the world? All these deals were signed with the EU so no country necessarily has to offer the same terms? That could be a bit of a problem.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

How many times do I need to tell you Chapter 49 is the flowery words to get us to Phase 2.

Can you foresee any set of circumstances in which the U.K. will walk away from what has been agreed?

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Well like us, Canada wants lots of deals. They don’t just want one with the EU. But more importantly there are loads of countries that are growing fast that we can deal with. Also while the EU has clout in a deal, it can also be very slow at doing them with 27 competing interests.

We are the sixth biggest economy in the world and a very appealing potential trade partner.

So you agree that the EU is a more important market. I'd agree it is slow to reach deals, but has done so successfully with Canada this year and Japan just today. If we leave the CU, we'll lose these deals and have to renogiate. Fox has admitted we only have the capacity to do one or two deals at once. It will take decades to get worse deals than our extant ones.

And then there is another spanner on the works. Out primary export is services. These are not typically covered in FTAs. And then there's the fact that there are very few British owned companies mak8ng export goods. And then we will make ourselves uncompetitive by fuckng up international supply lines and having all sorts of non tariff barriers.

Bottom line is, if you think the orange man in the white house will boost our economy through trade whilst protecting our standards I think you're bonkers. 

10 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Right. So you're saying we can rip up the agreement and not honour it. How di you think that would be perceived internationally? Who would trade with such a pariah state. You're madder than I thought. 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

So you agree that the EU is a more important market. I'd agree it is slow to reach deals, but has done so successfully with Canada this year and Japan just today. If we leave the CU, we'll lose these deals and have to renogiate. Fox has admitted we only have the capacity to do one or two deals at once. It will take decades to get worse deals than our extant ones.

And then there is another spanner on the works. Out primary export is services. These are not typically covered in FTAs. And then there's the fact that there are very few British owned companies mak8ng export goods. And then we will make ourselves uncompetitive by fuckng up international supply lines and having all sorts of non tariff barriers.

Bottom line is, if you think the orange man in the white house will boost our economy through trade whilst protecting our standards I think you're bonkers. 

:lol: Dear me. There’s literally no point debating your end of days scenario.

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Right. So you're saying we can rip up the agreement and not honour it. How di you think that would be perceived internationally? Who would trade with such a pariah state. You're madder than I thought. 

:lol:

its a trade deal negogiation man. Neither side is going to sign up if they are not happy. (No country in the world would expect us to).

11 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Dear me. There’s literally no point debating your end of days scenario.

You can't debate, because the facts are against you. All I'm asking is for a bit more meat on the bones of your rationale. If you can't justify it using some sort of logic or evidence, then have the honesty to admit it. 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

You can't debate, because the facts are against you. All I'm asking is for a bit more meat on the bones of your rationale. If you can't justify it using some sort of logic or evidence, then have the honesty to admit it. 

I’ve given you umpteen explainations but your mindset is end of days (as described above), so we are just going to go round in circles. A waste of both our times tbf.

19 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol:

its a trade deal negogiation man. Neither side is going to sign up if they are not happy. (No country in the world would expect us to).

It's a political agreement designed in part to keep the peace in Ireland. 8 think every civilised country will expect 7s to do what we said we would. Hopefully even May has more integrity than you.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I’ve given you umpteen explainations but your mindset is end of days (as described above), so we are just going to go round in circles. A waste of both our times tbf.

You literally haven't given one reason other than the EU take too long. :lol:

40 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So if we leave the EU, CU and SM. We won’t have a trade deal with any other country in the world? All these deals were signed with the EU so no country necessarily has to offer the same terms? That could be a bit of a problem.

I still wonder what fantastic terms this magical new trade deals will involve in the future in comparison to the single market and those trade deals negotiated by the whole EU with heavyweights as us.

does it involve free trade in unicorns (excluding pixies from Ireland).?

Maybe CT can explain it to me. 

On 08/12/2017 at 4:47 PM, Christmas Tree said:

David Davis is pushing this line today despite the fact that the agreement explicitly states that it is in no way dependent on the outcome of a final deal.

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

David Davis is pushing this line today despite the fact that the agreement explicitly states that it is in no way dependent on the outcome of a final deal.

Yeah, watched it. Keir Starmer was of the opposite opinion and crucially:

Is a qualified barrister.

Had read the documentation, including the supplementary EU interpretation.

Can't believe Davis has gotten away with the impact reports fiasco. Goes to show if you alre sufficiently brass necked you can get away with anything. 

"The analysis clearly shows that the UK will be economically worse-off outside of the EU under most trade scenarios - the key question for the UK is how much worse-off," said Charles Ries, a vice-president at Rand and the report's lead author.

"It is in the best interests of the UK, and to a lesser extent the EU, to achieve some sort of open trading and investment relationship post-Brexit."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42315280

So there you are, CT. It's basically impossible for us to benefit economically outside the EU. And yes, we need them more than they need us.