Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Worlds that we cannot yet imagine. Which isn't great news tbh for anyone who wants to work over the next twenty years.

Basically a speech to woo over remainers while ignoring all of their concerns.

Edited by ewerk

The lack of any detail whatsoever within that 'positive agenda' may perhaps be what many people have an issue with. I mean he's being asked to clarify something of absolutely fucking huge national significance and he's basically refusing to do so. You might as well have Dougal off Father Ted answering Ah, it'll be great so it will.

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

...unbelievable that someone this incompetent is where he is.

He's only there because of a combination of May's fear he'd run amok from the back benches and a petty desire to punish him by making him sort out the mess he helped create. Absolutely nothing to do with his ability to do the job

So today we’ve seen Brexiteers such as Hoey and Hannan attempt to square the circle that is the NI border by doing the groundwork to tear up the Good Friday Agreement. Fuck the process, let us bomb and shoot the shit out of each other. Brexit at any cost. :rolleyes: 

Edited by ewerk

36 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So today we’ve seen Brexiteers such as Hoey and Hannan attempt to square the circle that is the NI border by doing the groundwork to tear up the Good Friday Agreement. Fuck the process, let us bomb and shoot the shit out of each other. Brexit at any cost. :rolleyes: 

He wanted to rip up  the GFA agreememt years ago....the utter fuckin cunt..

Don't forget Gove and his price of peace paper. It's fucking staggering what is going on here, almost unreported by the MSM including  the BBC.

I've been on record as saying NI and the GFA are why hard Brexit will not happen. Now I'm beginning to think tearing up the GFA is the raison d'etre of Brexit, or at least a bonus, for some of these nutters. 

Britain will not be "plunged into a Mad Max-style world borrowed from dystopian fiction" after it leaves the EU, the Brexit secretary will say in a speech.

David Davis will say fears about a "race to the bottom" in workers' rights and environmental standards are "based on nothing".

He will argue for continued close co-operation between the UK and the EU on regulations and standards.

This will help ensure "frictionless" trade, he will say.

"A crucial part of any such agreement is the ability for both sides to trust each other's regulations and the institutions that enforce them.

"Such mutual recognition will naturally require close, even-handed co-operation between these authorities and a common set of principles to guide them."

:lol: Basically he wants the EU to just take him at his word. Which I can't imagine in worth much in Brussels right now.

10 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

He wanted to rip up  the GFA agreememt years ago....the utter fuckin cunt..

Which would have basically led to a Unionist majority government for most of the last twenty years. The very thing that caused the Troubles in the first place.

Well I have to say I'm massively relieved we're not going to be plunged into a mad Max style dystopian universe.

Jesus fucking H Christ, is this the best this idiot can do? We've just over a year until we leave the EU and literally no preparations have been made, all we've had is just meaningless soundbite after soundbite. No clear direction of what we want, the government ignoring it's own analysis (and lying about it) and demonising it's own civil service. We've given up on evidence based policy ("experts") and the results are going to be disastrous. 

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Well I have to say I'm massively relieved we're not going to be plunged into a mad Max style dystopian universe.

Jesus fucking H Christ, is this the best this idiot can do? We've just over a year until we leave the EU and literally no preparations have been made, all we've had is just meaningless soundbite after soundbite. No clear direction of what we want, the government ignoring it's own analysis (and lying about it) and demonising it's own civil service. We've given up on evidence based policy ("experts") and the results are going to be disastrous. 

Aye, the bloke who campaigned for Brexit now selling it on the basis that (he at least thinks) it won't be an absolute catastrophe :lol: