Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

CT, are you aware it's the importer who pays the tariff, not the exporter/producer? We import much more than we export. It's us that will have to pay.

Remind me what the tangible benefits of Brexit are again, there's a dear. 

@PaddockLad I genuinely can’t see it coming to that. Even in the worst case scenario of no deal I can see NI getting special status against the DUP’s protests. The threat of terrorism is too great and it would likely be focused on high profile targets in England. The country just can’t afford that sort of scenario again.

On 25.2.2018 at 11:31, ewerk said:

Then he knows about as much as Liam Fox. All he could come up with was a reference to how many cities China will have with 1,000,000+ inhabitants by 2030.

His confidence that the UK will get the deal it wants seems to be entirely based on the belief that ‘they need us’.

It’s as if the EU aren’t interested in trading with China. Will be interesting who will be able to negotiate better conditions...

The Foreign Secretary said: "We think that we can have very efficient facilitation systems to make sure that there's no need for a hard border, excessive checks at the frontier between Northern Ireland and the Republic.

"There's no border between Islington or Camden and Westminster, there's no border between Camden and Westminster, but when I was mayor of London we anaesthetically and invisibly took hundreds of millions of pounds from the accounts of people travelling between those two boroughs without any need for border checks whatever."

Interviewer Mishal Husain said: "Come on, you can't compare two boroughs of London with the kinds of difference in the arrangements that would be in place after Brexit between the UK and the EU."

Johnson responded: "It's a very relevant comparison because there's all sorts of scope for pre-booking, electronic checks, all sorts of things that you can do to obviate the need for a hard border to allow us to come out of the customs union, take back control of our trade policy and do trade deals."

He also suggested Jeremy Corbyn's proposal for a new customs union with the EU is "advocating colony status" for the UK.

It's hard to imagine how he could be any more incompetent.

Funny how it's "Boris" man of the people, isn't it? When you look at how Corbyn's every past move is scrutinised yet that wanker gets a free pass. I'd insist of using his full name every time I addressed him in public. Since his background is the only reason he's where he is, it's entirely fair game

Thornberry urgent question on Boris Johnson's letter to May saying he would be prepared to accept a hard border in Ireland said that "he should know by now you cannot be half pregnant." :lol: Zinger for the bloke responsible for two terminated pregnancies with his mistress. 

Which is why, deep down, they have to know that they're full of shit. The government has had over 18 months to come up with a border solution and have either ignored it or simply haven't been able to come up with a solution. I can't see the EU moving on this and if the UK doesn't give into it or stay in the CU then the next phase of talks simply don't go ahead and we crash out of the EU in a year's time. Despite the bluster of the hard Brexiters, that will not happen.