Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

That's what you take from that graph? Why are you happy being worse off?

And why are you banging on about Ruth Davidson? Apart from the fact she's not even impressive, she's a lesbians who has been artificially inseminated. Doesn't bother me, but can you ever imagine the Tory membership, average age 72 years, voting her in? You're fucking bonkers. 

:lol:

She only looks good because of the GE results which A, she lost (the SNP still have over 50% of the seats in Scotland, B she only got what she did because of massive collusion between the Tories and Labour north of the border. Basically Labour activists were canvassing on behalf of Tories just to beat the SNP and moved resources (basically not contending seats). She gets battered in pretty much all of the FMQs except the odd rare victory and the SNP do make mistakes she is just shit at FMQs. So Ruth Davidson is not this fabulous politician she has got extremely lucky in the last election which I don't think will happen again.

20 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Perfectly highlights we were right to dismiss claims of an immediate recession and just think how good the boom is going to be when we are out and the deals done, just in time for the general election.

Brexit sorted, booming economy, NHS long term deal agreed, wages growing, record employment and Ruth Davidson v Corbyn :lol:

Not sure what you're trying to achieve here but unless you're attempting to make yourself look even more stupid than usual you aren't doing a very good job

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

How about reining it in a little and actually debating the facts rather than this childish fingers in the ears approach you seem to be taking?

Which facts am I ignoring? There was no recession fact?

Each Home is £900 worse off, opinion from a man whose forecasting record is poor.

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Each Home is £900 worse off, opinion from a man whose forecasting record is poor.

Aye, just the governor of the Bank of England, and just about every economist going. Oh and it's not a forecast or opinion numb nuts, it's a fact that has already happened. Stop being a dick and debate facts properly or stick to the hobby thread. 

Edited by Renton

Just now, Renton said:

Aye, just the governor of the Bank of England, and just about every economist going. Oh and it's not a forecast numb nuts, it's already happened. Stop being a dick and debate facts properly or stick to the hobby thread. 

Or he can just fuck off and die, don't rule out that option.

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye, just the governor of the Bank of England, and just about every economist going. Oh and it's not a forecast or opinion numb nuts, it's a fact that has already happened. Stop being a dick and debate facts properly or stick to the hobby thread. 

Its not fact. You can’t say if Brexit didn’t happen we would have been at this point. It’s opinion. For someone supposedly doing economics you should know this :lol:

Thats without even getting into the debate of how so many forecasts have been way out lately.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Its not fact. You can’t say if Brexit didn’t happen we would have been at this point. It’s opinion. For someone supposedly doing economics you should know this :lol:

Thats without even getting into the debate of how so many forecasts have been way out lately.

It's not a fucking forecast you thick fucking shithead.

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Okay, let's do this again...

Each Home is £900 worse off, opinion from a man whose forecasting record is poor. - This man is also the Governor of the Bank of England. It isn't a forecast, it's a fact.

Brexit sorted - Brexit isn't sorted. It is far from it. In fact it is quite possible that it falls apart next month.

booming economy -  See above chart. Brexit has caused our growth to fall far below the EU and USA.

NHS long term deal agreed - No deal has been voted on yet.

wages growing - Following a year of falling wages. There's a chance that wages might reach pre-2008 levels by 2025. Not exactly cause for celebration.

record employment - Thank god for zero hour contracts and the gig economy. The youth should be forever grateful.

Ruth Davidson v Corbyn - A woman you know nothing about who isn't even an MP.

Forget about forecasts. That graph reports data that has already happened. Now although it is true that you cannot prove Brexit was the cause of the divergence in the UK economy compared with the EU or USA since June 2016, it's more than opinion to say it's very likely to be Brexit. But go on, what do you attribute our economy going from best to worst performer of the G7 and EU28 exactly at the same time as Brexit to? :lol:

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Forget about forecasts. That graph reports data that has already happened. Now although it is true that you cannot prove Brexit was the cause of the divergence in the UK economy compared with the EU or USA since June 2016, it's more than opinion to say it's very likely to be Brexit. But go on, what do you attribute our economy going from best to worst performer of the G7 and EU28 exactly at the same time as Brexit to? :lol:

"Project Fear" would be the default answer I assume

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Im pleased we agree I’m right at that it’s an opinion not fact. (Take note smileys above) ;)

Im not for one moment suggesting Brexit hasn’t damaged the economy, but bearing in mind we were forecast an immediate recession and punishment budget, he could have chosen to say how much better off we all are compared to his pre vote forecasts.

”Every household is £900 better off”.

All it actually was, was a dead cat to keep the headlines of his inept interest rate rise forecasts.

All it actually was, was a dead cat to keep the headlines of his inept interest rate rise forecasts.

What are you even talking about now?

5 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

If you were as well read as I am you wouldn’t need to ask ;)

I can only assume you're talking about the planned BoE rate rises that were postponed due to our shit economic performance?

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

:lol:

I'm thankful I'm not as informed enough about Brexit's machinations to be involved in this, because it looks deeply irritating.

Feel free to discuss it as if you know more about what's going on than anyone else, CT certainly does.

8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Im pleased we agree I’m right at that it’s an opinion not fact. (Take note smileys above) ;)

Im not for one moment suggesting Brexit hasn’t damaged the economy, but bearing in mind we were forecast an immediate recession and punishment budget, he could have chosen to say how much better off we all are compared to his pre vote forecasts.

”Every household is £900 better off”.

It's incredibly hard to make economic forecasts based on fairly nebulous concepts such as consumer and industry confidence. The forecasts were right in that our growth has stalled compared with every bugger else, but wrong as to the extent (as in we didn't enter a technical recession). Carney explains why if you bother to read his full speech.

But once we know the final Brexit deal, we will have much more tangible and measurable inputs with which to inform economic modelling. All the models, with the exception of the Minfordian dystopian model, show that we will be worse off in all scenarios. And the NE the worst off of all (as we have a surplus with the EU). Just dismissing this as project fear is beyond pathetic. You should be concerned, for your family if not yourself.