Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

CT assumes his kids have narrow horizons, limited expectations and negligible curiosity (which they may well do depending on how they've been raised), so he can't imagine anyone wanting anything different for their kids. Fairly standard Leave voter mentality, as polls have illustrated since the referendum.

So that's all stopping with Brexit. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

But we were told there would be a recession just for voting to leave.......

As Ive said from day one, at first it may be bumpy, but that doesn't translate to your kids life being fucked. Boom and Bust was common place during the 80's and 90's and then we had Labours crash. At different times we've been in recession and millions on the dole and then in work again. That's the economic cycle. Lots of shit has gone on in the last 40 years but people get on with the circumstances of the day.

As it happens I think its fairly guaranteed that a deal will be done and we'll continue to trade pretty much as normal with Europe. 

So tell me again, how will your kids lives be fucked? I mean seriously, if you have a real sensible view that your kids lives will be fucked and you can explain it then I'll listen, but this Rentonesque skys gonna fall in routine is beneath you. 

Much bigger danger to your kids lives would be McDonnel in number 11.

Leaving without a deal would be catastrophic. Even DexEU admit this now. It's not tin foil hat territory, it's fact. And I agree it's unlikely to happen, although the situation here is getting increasingly unstable as time runs out so I wouldnt actually bet against it.

All the economic forecasts, literally all except for that nutter Minford, predict a negative effect on our economy no matter what the deal. The NE is the most exposed area of the UK as we alone have a trading surplus with the EU. Even under a CETA FTA deal we will lose 11% of our GDP. That's not a minor thing, it's fucking huge, like losing the NHS over night.

This has been explained to you many times with you just repeating "project fear" so frankly I can't be arsed. But what I will say is you have repeatedly asked to name one single tangible benefit of Brexit but never have. So what's the point? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

you know, just saying labour's crash over and over again doesn't make it sound any less moronic 

Next you will be telling me that every Labour government leaving office with higher unemployment than when they started is untrue too  :lol: 

39 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

But we were told there would be a recession just for voting to leave.......

As Ive said from day one, at first it may be bumpy, but that doesn't translate to your kids life being fucked. Boom and Bust was common place during the 80's and 90's and then we had Labours crash. At different times we've been in recession and millions on the dole and then in work again. That's the economic cycle. Lots of shit has gone on in the last 40 years but people get on with the circumstances of the day.

As it happens I think its fairly guaranteed that a deal will be done and we'll continue to trade pretty much as normal with Europe. 

So tell me again, how will your kids lives be fucked? I mean seriously, if you have a real sensible view that your kids lives will be fucked and you can explain it then I'll listen, but this Rentonesque skys gonna fall in routine is beneath you. 

Much bigger danger to your kids lives would be McDonnel in number 11.

Okay, so one of the first casualties of a hard Brexit will be the car making industry. Where are the 10,000 people in the NE who rely on Nissan going to find new employment?

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Okay, so one of the first casualties of a hard Brexit will be the car making industry. Where are the 10,000 people in the NE who rely on Nissan going to find new employment?

Labour's crash lolz

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Sorry, it’s 27,000 jobs.

27 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Next you will be telling me that every Labour government leaving office with higher unemployment than when they started is untrue too  :lol: 

Is this you trying to make yourself feel better about the impending Brexit recession?...."BUT LABOUR DID THIS!!" That's not owning the way you voted mate, that's a schoolboy shouting "LOOK OVER THERE GIANT SPIDERS!" then running away....I think this bunch of useless lying bastards are playing Russian roulette with a revolver that can hold two in its barrel and one of them full, it's 50/50 iyam whether we get a deal or not...what would you say to someone who works at the Port of Tyne who is staring down the barrel because his job is complelty reliant on shipping exports to the EU, or Harwich, or Southampton, or Merseyside or anywhere with a container terminal?..can you justify your vote to them with something substantial?..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Renton said:

Leaving without a deal would be catastrophic. Even DexEU admit this now. It's not tin foil hat territory, it's fact. And I agree it's unlikely to happen, although the situation here is getting increasingly unstable as time runs out so I wouldnt actually bet against it.

All the economic forecasts, literally all except for that nutter Minford, predict a negative effect on our economy no matter what the deal. The NE is the most exposed area of the UK as we alone have a trading surplus with the EU. Even under a CETA FTA deal we will lose 11% of our GDP. That's not a minor thing, it's fucking huge, like losing the NHS over night.

This has been explained to you many times with you just repeating "project fear" so frankly I can't be arsed. But what I will say is you have repeatedly asked to name one single tangible benefit of Brexit but never have. So what's the point? 

Of course it’s project fear. Economists can’t even get predictions right from year to year never mind over 15 years ffs.

As for tangible benefits :lol:  You say this all the time and get a response all the time then forget!

Free to make our own trade deals.

Not sending huge sums to Brussels

The sovereignty to make our own rules / regulations as fits the country.

Control of immigration that suits our needs.

Now sure you can reel off various arguments against these but the bottom line is that you have no idea what the world will look like in 10 or 20 years time, particularly with the introduction of AI. I would much prefer our government of the day to have the flexibility to manage whatever the world throws at us.

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

There isn’t going to be a hard Brexit.

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Is this you trying to make yourself feel better about the impending Brexit recession?...."BUT LABOUR DID THIS!!" That's not owning the way you voted mate, that's a schoolboy shouting "LOOK OVER THERE GIANT SPIDERS!" then running away....I think this bunch of useless lying bastards are playing Russian roulette with a revolver that can hold two in its barrel and one of them full, it's 50/50 iyam whether we get a deal or not...what would you say to someone who works at the Port of Tyne who is staring down the barrel because his job is complelty reliant on shipping exports to the EU, or Harwich, or Southampton, or Merseyside or anywhere with a container terminal?..can you justify your vote to them with something substantial?..

Yes, we are not going to stop exporting or importing.

14 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

What makes you think that?

Surely by now you’re past the BMWs and prosecco bollocks and realise that the EU hold all the cards here.

Edited by ewerk

26 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Of course it’s project fear. Economists can’t even get predictions right from year to year never mind over 15 years ffs.

As for tangible benefits :lol:  You say this all the time and get a response all the time then forget!

Free to make our own trade deals.

Not sending huge sums to Brussels

The sovereignty to make our own rules / regulations as fits the country.

Control of immigration that suits our needs.

Now sure you can reel off various arguments against these but the bottom line is that you have no idea what the world will look like in 10 or 20 years time, particularly with the introduction of AI. I would much prefer our government of the day to have the flexibility to manage whatever the world throws at us.

All those are net disbenefits, not benefits.

And AI? Wtf? :lol:

As for trusting  the government, really, after this shit storm? You're demented. :lol:

28 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Those "benefits" you listed mean out the SM and CU. That's a hard Brexit,  tubs. Fuck me, is it that hard to understand? 

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

Fuck me, is it that hard to understand? 

He doesn't even understand why his own children will end up resenting him in the long run, so let's not tax him with things like this.

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

All those are net disbenefits, not benefits.

And AI? Wtf? :lol:

As for trusting  the government, really, after this shit storm? You're demented. :lol:

Hes no idea what he means, AI man. 

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Mortgage free whilst living in poverty

...sounds like the start of a song. Perhaps HMHM can fill in the rest of the verse? 

Club Tropicana (CT remix '18)

Let me take you to the place
Where membership's Britain's disgrace
Blue flag with lots of stars.
Where strangers take you by the hand
And welcome you to welfare land
From beneath their panamas... :CT:

Bong boldon parties, drinks are free

Fun and sunshine, there's enough for everyone.
All that's missing is CT
But don't worry he's getting some scran!

:CT:

Immigrants and scroungers meet
Then cadge a lift in CTs street
Watch question time, Theresa May,
Diane Abbott, the dopey coon
It's cocktail time, a summer's tune
A Brexit holiday.

All that's missing is the CT
But don't worry, he's getting some scran!

All that's missing is CT

Pack your bags
And leave tonight.

Take back control

Gotta move your feet, don't you miss the flight!
Pack your bags
And leave tonight.
Take back control

Gotta move your feet, the EUs shite.

Uncool, uncool, uncool, uncool
All that's missing is CT
Uncool, uncool, uncool, uncool
Uncool, uncool, uncool, uncool...

• Haha 8

Immigrants and scroungers meet
Then cadge a lift in CTs street
Watch question time, Theresa May,
Diane Abbott, the dopey coon
It's cocktail time, a summer's tune
A Brexit holiday.

:lol::lol::lol: 

I very rarely tweet but I was bored last night so decided to engage with some leavers on Twitter to find out why they still support Brexit and how we should move forward. 

It was worrying that none of them even attempted an argument why we should continue with it but we still definitely should. A lot of them want us to leave on WTO terms and believe that we would be absolutely fine in doing so and the rest believe that we’ll get a trade deal that sees us trading with them just as we do now.

There’s simply no rationing with them, they aren’t interested in reason or logic, it’s a cult like mentality. I was genuinely convinced that CT was on the windup with much of his posts but there are 1000’s out there who view Brexit in the exact same way. I find it incredible that so many people can behave in this manner.

• Like 2