Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How exactly is this going to work with the EU's stance on not picking and choosing the four freedoms:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jun/21/may-risks-row-with-brexiters-over-plan-for-single-market-for-goods

Seems 100% free movement of trade is what the government wants. Willing to compromise on 'some' aspects of freedom of movement to get it.

Personally, I think that should take the form of the government conceding that anyone who voted leave needs a visa to get into the EU, and everyone else just continues on as normal.

13 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Toontastics Cleverist.

i agree

Yeah, you certainly appear to oppose intelligence. I think only you could’ve been stupid enough to inadvertently sum yourself up whilst trying to appear smart. Well done

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yeah, you certainly appear to oppose intelligence. I think only you could’ve been stupid enough to inadvertently sum yourself up whilst trying to appear smart. Well done

Maybe he's outfoxed us all and he's actually the Derren Brown of clever.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

How exactly is this going to work with the EU's stance on not picking and choosing the four freedoms:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jun/21/may-risks-row-with-brexiters-over-plan-for-single-market-for-goods

Seems 100% free movement of trade is what the government wants. Willing to compromise on 'some' aspects of freedom of movement to get it.

Personally, I think that should take the form of the government conceding that anyone who voted leave needs a visa to get into the EU, and everyone else just continues on as normal.

And how do we have free movement of goods without being in the CU?

This all seems very complicated for no gain. 

I have an idea, why don't we have a trial "no deal" deal for a couple of weeks and see if CT and his ilk like the ensuing chaos. Then we can have a meaningful referendum to see if that's what people really want. 

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I did tell you all that this would be resolved by an associate agreement back in 2016. :)

You’re welcome

TC

24 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I did tell you all that this would be resolved by an associate agreement back in 2016. :)

You’re welcome

TC

And how would you see an associate agreement being better than what we have. Surely it must be obvious to you now that the EU aren't going to give us a deal anywhere close to being as good to what we have now?

24 minutes ago, ewerk said:

And how would you see an associate agreement being better than what we have. Surely it must be obvious to you now that the EU aren't going to give us a deal anywhere close to being as good to what we have now?

Because we’re FREE to do our own trade deals.

16 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Whoever we want and whatever we want, that’s the point.

No. We can’t sell to whomever we want and whatever we want because we don’t have a single trade agreement with any other country. Every country is going to know that we’re desperate and has us over a barrel.

So even just tell who you think we could sell to and what you think we could sell them. And it’s probably beyond you but have a go at guessing what they’d want in return for access to their markets.

22 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Whoever we want and whatever we want, that’s the point.

Why the actual fuck do you care about this? What difference is this going to make to your life tubs? 

The CU is a distraction to an extent. EFTA countries are out of it. There is no advantage to us being out of it as we obviously will have much less leverage than the EU. Plus would cause issues in Ireland. But as I keep on saying, we need to be in the EEA to avoid economic meltdown. This is constantly ignored (although this proposal might be EEA by another name). 

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

Why the actual fuck do you care about this? What difference is this going to make to your life tubs? 

I don’t particularly care too much. I was offered a choice and like the majority who voted, decided out was better than in. It’s pretty obvious free trade with the EU is going to continue as is AND we’ll be out of the EU AND we’ll be able to decide our own trade deals in the years ahead. 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

The CU is a distraction to an extent. EFTA countries are out of it. There is no advantage to us being out of it as we obviously will have much less leverage than the EU. Plus would cause issues in Ireland. But as I keep on saying, we need to be in the EEA to avoid economic meltdown. This is constantly ignored (although this proposal might be EEA by another name). 

Honestly, Mays on your side. This is going to be a very soft Brexit that will suit most people.

13 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I don’t particularly care too much. I was offered a choice and like the majority who voted, decided out was better than in. It’s pretty obvious free trade with the EU is going to continue as is AND we’ll be out of the EU AND we’ll be able to decide our own trade deals in the years ahead. 

It is obvious to no one. Why do you think the EU will do us any favours? Once we're out they will be a rival, granted they are much, much bigger than us. And will be looking to entice all the international businesses we have over to them. And if you're one of those international businesses do you want to be located in a market of 440 million or a country with 65 million?

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It is obvious to no one. Why do you think the EU will do us any favours? Once we're out they will be a rival, granted they are much, much bigger than us. And will be looking to entice all the international businesses we have over to them. And if you're one of those international businesses do you want to be located in a market of 440 million or a country with 65 million?

It’s not a case of favours it’s a case of wanting to continue selling us BMW’s, Audi’s, Champagne, etc etc.