Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

140,000 jobs...

High end ones as well. Brain drain imminent?

Its about to get a whole lot harder for anyone less experienced to get a job...again.

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Its about to get a whole lot harder for anyone less experienced to get a job...again.

Yep, and the next generation of graduates, unless they emigrate. Completely self inflicted this time though. If Cameron hadn't succumbed to pressure from that racist arsehole Farage we'd now all be better off now (according to BoE) and have brighter futures (according to virtually every economist). Also, parliament could have got on with its job instead of firefighting this shit storm. 

Edited by Renton

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I'm staring down the barrel of a redundancy just as the NE enters post-Brexit utopia. We'll see what happens like, I've got 11 years service here so the cheque will be alright. 

Good luck, Gemmill, hope things work out. :good:

If anything happens to my job I'm just about fucked this time I reckon as I most jobs are already taken and I'm fucked if I'll ever do zero hours or any temporary shit. I Daniel Blake in the making. 

Still, at least we'll have taken back control. :spaz:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Not sure but it's all done through US HQ.

I assume what you do counts as the service sector. If your business has ties to the EU then, like many others, they’ll have to consider whether to remain in the UK or move to an EU base.

I can't figure out how we're going to be hit by it, we surely must be but the magnitude and direction I just can't fathom.

17 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I assume what you do counts as the service sector. If your business has ties to the EU then, like many others, they’ll have to consider whether to remain in the UK or move to an EU base.

I don't think we do much in the EU it's mainly asia and the americas

IIRC you've only cats to worry about and you're still a young stud.  You'll easily find Uber money for enough semi-conscious youngsters to last till retirement.

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Cheers chaps. Could be much worse tbf. There's plenty people won't have been there very long or who are the wrong side of 50 and looking to find work. 

The time you spend on obscure football forums during working hours has vastly improved in recent years as well.

Sorry to hear about how things are developing. Looking on the bright side of life and a certain fellow European dancing will hopefully give you a smile.

9 hours ago, Renton said:

Estimated 140,000 job loss according to the radio. Some of the most high tech jobs in the UK. Don't tell me CT, the head of Airbus is also engaged in this huge conspiracy you Brexitards call Project Fear? Still worth it to get that sovereignty you admit has no impact on your life?

Mall based on no deal which is a non starter. And yes, given who owns a lot of Airbus, definitely no political games at play.

8 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I'm staring down the barrel of a redundancy just as the NE enters post-Brexit utopia. We'll see what happens like, I've got 11 years service here so the cheque will be alright. 

Sorry to hear this. Heard the CEO of your new owners on Radio 4 a few days ago and thought this might be bad news for you. Your new boss sounds a dick tbh.

If all else fails (and I hope it doesn’t), your craic will be great if the taxi trade. And think of all the women you’ll get to meet.!!!

Seriously, hope you get to stay put.

12 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Sorry to hear this. Heard the CEO of your new owners on Radio 4 a few days ago and thought this might be bad news for you. Your new boss sounds a dick tbh.

If all else fails (and I hope it doesn’t), your craic will be great if the taxi trade. And think of all the women you’ll get to meet.!!!

Gemmill: "Where to potential victims, err, I mean ladies?"

Pissed lasses: "Eee look, the driver looks like that gadgie from murder in Paradise."

Nobody comes out looking great in this scenario, CT. :(

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Sorry I voted like a cunt for a bunch of cunts who have fucked up everyone's lives.

Cuntishly,

Tory Cunt

PS I don't mean any of this because I'm a cunt.

Tidied.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Proper caring you like

4 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Mall based on no deal which is a non starter. And yes, given who owns a lot of Airbus, definitely no political games at play.

But only yesterday you were celebrating that May can get us no deal now.

:CT:

Actually, if you read the article you will realise that they're staying is dependent on us being in the SM; incompatible with Mays red lines. Actually,  you wouldn't because you are clueless.

Also, you do realise that virtually all large corporations in the UK are foreign owned since Thatcher sold of the nationalised companies and encouraged foreign investment like Nissan? This is one of the issues with Brexit, we own fuck all.

Oops, BMW pissing off now. But they're German, so don't count.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44582831

Edited by Renton

Oops.

The company which brought Hitachi Rail Europe to Newton Aycliffe has admitted Brexit is to blame for a major multi-million pound development not happening

Still, not like the NE needs investment.  And they're Japanese right? Doesn't count.

http://www.aycliffetoday.co.uk/brexit-stopped-major-aycliffe-developments-hitachi-developers/24948

Edited by Renton

1 hour ago, Renton said:

But only yesterday you were celebrating that May can get us no deal now.

Actually, if you read the article you will realise that they're staying is dependent on us being in the SM; incompatible with Mays red lines. Actually,  you wouldn't because you are clueless.

Also, you do realise that virtually all large corporations in the UK are foreign owned since Thatcher sold of the nationalised companies and encouraged foreign investment like Nissan? This is one of the issues with Brexit, we own fuck all.

Oops, BMW pissing off now. But they're German, so don't count.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44582831

German angst tbh