Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

No, today was all part of May’s grand, cunning plan. She’ll hope a few more front benchers follow suit tomorrow no doubt.

Strong and stable leadership :lol:

Good old fashioned divide and rule. She split the Brexiteers and now she’s trying to split Labour.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/09/jordan-pickford-one-question-how-good-neville-southall

In a week when we have to endure Donald Trump visiting Britain, while we watch this government of losers falling apart over Brexit, I am taking heart from the fact that England can win the World Cup...

We’ve got so much shit going on in the world and yet our government are reportedly spending £30m on bringing a complete idiot in Trump over here.

At least Southgate is in charge. Imagine if Theresa May was managing Pickford and England? She is not calm and collected. She’s weak. Are you telling me other people didn’t know David Davis or Boris Johnson were going to resign? How could Davis came out and say May is a good prime minister when he’s resigned?

Southgate would do a far better job of handling Brexit than Mrs May because he would create the right environment. He would create winners. She’s gathered a bunch of losers around her. She has our future in our hands and she’s ruining it. Do you think Alex Ferguson would let these losers around her do what they’re doing? They’d be out quicker than they could say Hard Brexit. But he’s a winner. Unfortunately, she’s a loser.

Neville Southall.  Not a Theresa May fan. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/09/jordan-pickford-one-question-how-good-neville-southall

In a week when we have to endure Donald Trump visiting Britain, while we watch this government of losers falling apart over Brexit, I am taking heart from the fact that England can win the World Cup...

We’ve got so much shit going on in the world and yet our government are reportedly spending £30m on bringing a complete idiot in Trump over here.

At least Southgate is in charge. Imagine if Theresa May was managing Pickford and England? She is not calm and collected. She’s weak. Are you telling me other people didn’t know David Davis or Boris Johnson were going to resign? How could Davis came out and say May is a good prime minister when he’s resigned?

Southgate would do a far better job of handling Brexit than Mrs May because he would create the right environment. He would create winners. She’s gathered a bunch of losers around her. She has our future in our hands and she’s ruining it. Do you think Alex Ferguson would let these losers around her do what they’re doing? They’d be out quicker than they could say Hard Brexit. But he’s a winner. Unfortunately, she’s a loser.

I read that yesterday, its brilliant :lol: 

8 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Good old fashioned divide and rule. She split the Brexiteers and now she’s trying to split Labour.

Of course she is 

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

“I’m not sure they’ll know you used to

play football, Nev. Chuck a few more references in”

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

That's for people like CT

6 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Funny thing is the article is meant to be a football one, he just really fucking hates the tories  

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Are they actually trying to take May out? 

She should sack every Brexiteer from the cabinet. She kept them in as its better to have someone pissing out the tent than in, but in the end they just pissed their pants inside the tent anyway.

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

She should sack every Brexiteer from the cabinet. She kept them in as its better to have someone pissing out the tent than in, but in the end they just pissed their pants inside the tent anyway.

I was thinking earlier that she should tell the Brexiters that it's their problem and if they want to deal with it they can. Then I remembered that we've had DD, Liam Fox and BJ in the most prominent international cabinet roles and they've done fuck all.

According to DD yesterday his plan was mutual recognition and max fac. Even though both have been rejected by the EU he felt that's the strategy we should have persued. 

17 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He didn't do any media over the weekend afaia.

sorry, my timeline is wrong there. he backed her as PM after abandoning ship, when asked if he would mount a leadership challenge. 

53 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I was thinking earlier that she should tell the Brexiters that it's their problem and if they want to deal with it they can. Then I remembered that we've had DD, Liam Fox and BJ in the most prominent international cabinet roles and they've done fuck all.

According to DD yesterday his plan was mutual recognition and max fac. Even though both have been rejected by the EU he felt that's the strategy we should have persued. 

So it would appear Davis walked just to save face among his peers and the Brexit public at large.. "See, I did try..." etc etc..

Boris jacked because he's Boris, and Boris comes first in the book of Boris. 

They're trying to take her out and maybe get someone in they can properly put the squeeze on and manipulate... Javed? 

Got to say it's all very well saying that the main leavers in the cabinet have come up with fuck all in two years, that's possibly the point? They know this is May's last chance saloon, they may have her just where they want her?. They know the EU will reject what's on offer out of hand,  what does she do then?  I wouldn't underestimate them tbh, they had the perfect outrider in Farage to attract the vote but the 60 odd Tory Euro loonie MPs who put Cameron into the position where he put the referendum into the Tory party manifesto in 2015 pulled off a huge political coup just by doing that. They're really not about to give up as far as I can see. If any more resign they're maybe not giving up, it's perhaps just all part of a loose, flexible plan?  Just heard Richard Drax on the radio saying the PM should be preparing for WTO now, withdraw any further payments to the EU and see what they come back with. This appears to be how the hard line brexiteers are thinking. There's a lot more to be played out iyam. 

• Like 1

I think though the public are beginning to wake up to what's happening. If it becomes obvious the country is headed for the no deal route, there will be outright panic before Brexit date. Whenever I listen to the Tory party's ridiculous rhetoric I bear this in mind. No deal would mean the death of the Tory party forever. Norway has to be preferable. 

13 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

So it would appear Davis walked just to save face among his peers and the Brexit public at large.. "See, I did try..." etc etc..

Boris jacked because he's Boris, and Boris comes first in the book of Boris. 

They're trying to take her out and maybe get someone in they can properly put the squeeze on and manipulate... Javed? 

Got to say it's all very well saying that the main leavers in the cabinet have come up with fuck all in two years, that's possibly the point? They know this is May's last chance saloon, they may have her just where they want her?. They know the EU will reject what's on offer out of hand,  what does she do then?  I wouldn't underestimate them tbh, they had the perfect outrider in Farage to attract the vote but the 60 odd Tory Euro loonie MPs who put Cameron into the position where he put the referendum into the Tory party manifesto in 2015 pulled off a huge political coup just by doing that. They're really not about to give up as far as I can see. If any more resign they're maybe not giving up, it's perhaps just all part of a loose, flexible plan?  Just heard Richard Drax on the radio saying the PM should be preparing for WTO now, withdraw any further payments to the EU and see what they come back with. This appears to be how the hard line brexiteers are thinking. There's a lot more to be played out iyam. 

No deal won't happen. Parliament won't let it. There will be an extension or revocation of Article 50 before it comes to that. 

The EU won't reject what is on offer, it will be the basis of negotiations. The UK has moved in the right direction but not nearly enough to strike a deal yet and they know that. You don't show your hand at the 'beginning' of negotations, there are more concessions to come if we want a deal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

How can you have that much faith in a public that keep delivering Tory governments despite the utter chaos we've had for almost a decade?

The Tories have only had a majority government in 2 out of the last 21 years, and even then it was a water thin majority.

You're not going to like it but the problem now is Corbyn is the worst opposition in living memory. Virtually anyone else would have annihilated the Tories by now. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

No deal won't happen. Parliament won't let it. There will be an extension or revocation of Article 50 before it comes to that. 

The EU won't reject what is on offer, it will be the basis of negotiations. The UK has moved in the right direction but not nearly enough to strike a deal yet and they know that. You don't show your hand at the 'beginning' of negotations, there are more concessions to come if we want a deal.

Agree 100%.