Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

The Tories have only had a majority government in 2 out of the last 21 years, and even then it was a water thin majority.

You're not going to like it but the problem now is Corbyn is the worst opposition in living memory. Virtually anyone else would have annihilated the Tories by now. 

Dont disagree with that Corbyn assessment now, which will be annoying if the whole thing falls apart now and he turns around and spanks them since I'll lose my 'I told you so' privileges, but still.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ewerk said:

???

I think the tweet is quite clever, separating the UK public from th political mess. I don't understand the data though, have we becomeore europhillic since Brexit?

The irony now is we really need the EU to save us from our own politicians. 

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think the tweet is quite clever, separating the UK public from th political mess. I don't understand the data though, have we becomeore europhillic since Brexit?

The irony now is we really need the EU to save us from our own politicians. 

I think a lot of those who voted remain, especially on the younger end, may have doubled down on how great europe/immigration is in defiance of the result/government

57 minutes ago, ewerk said:

No deal won't happen. Parliament won't let it. There will be an extension or revocation of Article 50 before it comes to that. 

The EU won't reject what is on offer, it will be the basis of negotiations. The UK has moved in the right direction but not nearly enough to strike a deal yet and they know that. You don't show your hand at the 'beginning' of negotations, there are more concessions to come if we want a deal.

That's all very well, but that's not taking into consideration the highly motivated cunts in parliament who would happily see no deal. Or are you saying CT is right ( :razz: ) and that: 

a. May will complete negotiations for a very soft brexit

&

b. the Euro loonies on the Tory party will just give up

Can just about see a but that will only happen with b...

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

That's all very well, but that's not taking into consideration the highly motivated cunts in parliament who would happily see no deal. Or are you saying CT is right ( :razz: ) and that: 

a. May will complete negotiations for a very soft brexit

&

b. the Euro loonies on the Tory party will just give up

Can just about see a but that will only happen with b...

It's just a case of parliamentary arithmetic, surely? There's less than 60 of these ERG loons. They shout loud, but have fuck all power.

And where CT is wrong is in how soft this Brexit will be. It'll be softer than the next turd following a salmonella riddled vindaloo from lord Latif's. And just as unpleasant for the JRM's of this world. 

Edited by Renton

Trump saying the UK is in turmoil a couple of days before he gets over here.  If Theresa May wasn't such a lickspittle cunt, she'd cancel the visit and tell him to fucking ram it. 

I mean he's right, but he's basically having a pop at the person he's coming to meet. 

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Going on about how good a mate he is with bojo for good measure 

“I think he’s betraying a quite stupefying ignorance that makes him frankly unfit to hold the office of President of the United States.

“I would invite him to come and see the whole of London and take him round the city – except I wouldn’t want to expose any Londoners to any unnecessary risk of meeting Donald Trump.”

Bessy mates now bojo is a trumpwannabe.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Has he mentioned Farage for US Ambassador recently? Actually, he probably doesn't even remember who Farage is.

Probably saw the bloke called "Al-Faraj" playing for Saudi Arabia in the World Cup and is wondering how he was duped by a man of the Sahara.

11 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Probably saw the bloke called "Al-Faraj" playing for Saudi Arabia in the World Cup and is wondering how he was duped by a man of the Sahara.

Hope that's a deliberate send up of the POTUS mind ;)

4 hours ago, Renton said:

It's just a case of parliamentary arithmetic, surely? There's less than 60 of these ERG loons. They shout loud, but have fuck all power.

May needs the DUP for a majority though. They’ll down tools and make life very fuckin awkward for her.  Add a few more resignations,letters and she’s very likely toast. Then it’s all up for grabs...

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

May needs the DUP for a majority though. They’ll down tools and make life very fuckin awkward for her.  Add a few more resignations,letters and she’s very likely toast. Then it’s all up for grabs...

Yeah but she also has Labour and the SNP who won’t countenance a no deal scenario.

On 7/5/2018 at 23:13, Renton said:

God I hate Priti Patel. Fortunately she's getting a torrid time on QT the horrible bitch. 

This is where we're at now. She knows that there's no argument left for Brexit so let's just ignore that and bang on about the will of the people. They've given up even trying to create any benefits for it.

There are a significant number of MPs knowingly and willingly trying to sabotage our country because they're too stubborn to admit that they were wrong.

In the shit show we've seen over the last two years has there been a single MP who campaigned for Leave who has since admitted that it's a bad idea? The government will do u-turns on pensions, NICs and the dementia tax but not a single MP will change their mind over the biggest fuck up ever to face our country? 

• Like 2

Well, only 6% of MPs and peers bothered to read the impact papers. Fair enough. I mean, it's not about how it impacts people's lives any more is it? It's about the will of the people.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/05/brexit-impact-papers-viewing-requests-made-by-just-6-of-mps-and-peers

If this is democracy it can go fuck itself as far as I'm concerned. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

What a load of fucking bollocks that tweet is.

Political "Leaders" my arse, what is fucking leadership about that load of shite? 

I want my political leaders to have some fucking brains and the balls to do whats actually best for the people of the country, having the expertise and experience to do so regardless of whether a heap of people who don't understand the issues don't like it.

Since when has letting "I want that, even though its known to be terrible for me" happen been the way to lead anything? You don't let your stupid fucking kids run into traffic or drink bleach because they wanted to, you fucking stop it because you know that its bad for them. 

• Like 2