Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

"Class"

From the bloke that brushed off Trophyshy's redundancy with absolutely no compassion. Not to mention that your favourite hobby is logging on here to wind people up about the things they're passionate about. When it was football, you could pass it off as you being a typical armchair gobshite but when it's politics or Brexit, and you're wilfully pushing people's anxieties over wages, healthcare and their children's futures, it crosses the line from harmless contrariness to you just being a grossly unlikable character. And then you come on with your photos of hot tubs or whatever that big paddling pool was and it becomes apparent that your whole out-facing personality is based directly on the most contemptible Tories imaginable. Hoping that a veneer of wacky purchases and Dear Diary bullshit ramblings help cover up a festering pit of genuinely detestable views and a total lack of empathy, understanding and a "I'm alright, Jack" stripe running right down your back.

Tell it to Alexa snowflake.

On 9.7.2018 at 19:10, Christmas Tree said:

No, it’s 48 hours of grumbling from hardliners who have no power and nowhere to go. Won’t even be topping the news this time tomorrow.

And she’s now added Soubry,Morgan etc to Team May.

Home and dry now.

Why is CT bothering? He is always right and those 48 hours since all this Chequers kerfuffle have already passed.

Also, Japan do need Sunderland so much they will sign a fantastic trade agreement with the uk, not this huge amount of unnecessary paperwork those Brussel bureaucrats just came up with. 

• Haha 2

Let me get this straight, the reason Brexit is a shit show is because Labour haven't meekly agreed with the government? 

Now, I don't follow politics half as much as the rest of you, but I see loads of stories and hear loads of complaints that Labour don't provide actual opposition. 

End of the day, Brexit is the result of a power struggle in the Conservative party and subsequent lies from the Leave side, right?

Not sure how CT can blame Labour for this omnishambles. It's like, 25 years ago, blaming the lawyer for the Jurassic Park Dinosaur incident.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Let me get this straight, the reason Brexit is a shit show is because Labour haven't meekly agreed with the government? 

Now, I don't follow politics half as much as the rest of you, but I see loads of stories and hear loads of complaints that Labour don't provide actual opposition. 

End of the day, Brexit is the result of a power struggle in the Conservative party and subsequent lies from the Leave side, right?

Not sure how CT can blame Labour for this omnishambles. It's like, 25 years ago, blaming the lawyer for the Jurassic Park Dinosaur incident.

It's 100% the result of a Tory power struggle. And still is going forward. Labour under Corbyn, a hard core Brexiter himself, have been complicit in it. As for Hoey and Fields, there are no words.

As we get closer to a no deal, government's official advice is to start stockpiling food and medicines, as massive disruptions in supplies are inevitable. Baby formula is particularly at risk. Now, stop for a moment and consider this isn't for a natural disaster that's going to happen. This is for a tragedy that is entirely of political making. And is still entirely avoidable by government making one phone call. And yet we have been so let down this is where we are heading, this is in fact the default position. It's madness, literally madness. 

Julian Smith, the chief whip, urged three Tory MPs to abandon “pairing” arrangements before a knife-edge vote on Tuesday, it has been claimed.

Pairing is a parliamentary convention by which pairs of MPs on different sides of the Commons agree not to vote so that an absence such as maternity leave does not count against a member.

Mr Smith summoned Brandon Lewis, the Tory chairman, from a meeting to parliament as a crunch vote on customs approached, witnesses claim.

The chief whip is understood to have told Mr Lewis that the later votes were going to be close and he needed him to vote. This breached the pairing deal with Jo Swinson, the Liberal Democrat MP who is on maternity leave.

The Times has been told of two other Tory MPs told by Mr Smith that they should vote on Tuesday despite being paired. Both sought further advice and ignored the instruction. The Tory whips’ office did not comment.

How is this not a resigning matter?

This is all getting scary now. Following their notice to stakeholders, almost entirely ignored by British politicians and legacy media, we now have this from the EU commission. Forget about the white paper, it's not worth wiping your arse on. I really feel the EU is gearing up to a no deal scenario now, and who can really blame them. 

https://ec.europa.eu/anti-trafficking/eu-policy/communication-commission-european-parliament-and-council-area-freedom-security-and-justice_en

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Given the absolute chaos in UK politics the EU have to make provisions for that being a likely outcome now.

I'll throw this link in as well case anybody's interested.

http://ukandeu.ac.uk/research-papers/cost-of-no-deal/

We know brexiters will shrug this off as project fear. I'm now about 50% convinced this will happen in March next year, having always been previously convinced no government could ever entertain this.

There's nothing you can do ateod. I hope I'm wrong, desperately so, but what is worse for me than this self mutilation is the realisation we no longer live in a functional democracy. It's an idiocracy.

So, I'm going to take Gemmill's advice and bow out this thread for a bit. I'm lucky, got a secure relatively well paid job, as has the wife, and am confident I can weather the oncoming storm. I'm genuinely worried others won't be so lucky. Holiday in the lakes next week to look forward to. :)

20 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm lucky, got a secure relatively well paid job, as has the wife, and am confident I can weather the oncoming storm. I'm genuinely worried others won't be so lucky. Holiday in the lakes next week to look forward to. :)

Stop wetting the bed and just enjoy your life then instead of being obsessed with this thread you fucking melt.

Edited by Anorthernsoul
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Stop wetting the bed and just enjoy your life then instead of being obsessed with this thread you fucking melt.

And here's one of the idiots. Fuck off you absolute penis. 

• Haha 2

He's right though. People voted for an absolute clusterfuck when they voted Brexit, and when they voted for May.

It is what it is, and while politicians are responsible for lying to people, voters are responsible for being dumb enough to be lied to.