Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah no, that's not what people on here were claiming. I was told in no uncertain terms that the Tories would collapse in and of themselves before we got to Christmas, then mid-Spring, then August. I daresay it'll be October next, then Christmas again, before finally March next year when the country falls apart.

And I bet the fuckers are still standing even after that.

Labour have been beyond pathetic but enough has happened to the Tories that the media should have torn them down over and over again by now.

You do understand that “the media” is not one homogenous product right? Some sections of the media do tear down the tories. Others tear down Labour.

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah no, that's not what people on here were claiming. I was told in no uncertain terms that the Tories would collapse in and of themselves before we got to Christmas, then mid-Spring, then August. I daresay it'll be October next, then Christmas again, before finally March next year when the country falls apart.

Labour have been beyond pathetic but enough has happened to the Tories that the media should have torn them down over and over again by now.

Well May has just continually kicked the can down the road with no opposition from Corbyn. It obviously will come to a head at some stage before March 2019, but exactly when is hard to say. I expect things to get brutal later the school holidays personally. 

3 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

You do understand that “the media” is not one homogenous product right? Some sections of the media do tear down the tories. Others tear down Labour.

It'll be interesting to see what effect Greig has on the Mail. I think there editorial stance will morph to soft Brexit. 

23 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The fluctuation in tory support after chequers suggests to me that the 35-39 percent are determinedly driven by a non-soft brexit. 

1 hour ago, NJS said:

I'm going to a Brexit briefing by our chief economist at 10 - I'll report back after but Renton should probably get his defibrillator ready. 

We're fucked. 

He doesn't think there will be a no deal as the pressure is too much but even a quasi-eu membership combined with "great" deals with other countries will still mean reduced growth for a decade at least. 

He's extremely sceptical that good trade deals are possible. 

38 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well May has just continually kicked the can down the road with no opposition from Corbyn. It obviously will come to a head at some stage before March 2019, but exactly when is hard to say. I expect things to get brutal later the school holidays personally. 

Corbyn has been doing much the same as May. He has to oppose whatever deal May comes back with as it can't possibly meet Labour's tests.

Project Fear

Air services

Animal breeding

Aviation safety

Aviation security

Batch testing of medicine

Blood safety

Broadcasting

Chemicals regulation

Civil judicial cooperation

Civil nuclear

Climate

Commercial road haulage

Common Travel Area

Company law

Competition

Consumer protection

Cross-border gas trading

Customs and borders

Data

Driver licensing

Drugs

e-Commerce and geo-blocking

Electricity trading

Environmental standards

Equine movements

Erasmus

EU citizens in the UK

EU programmes and structural funds

EU space programmes

European regional development fund

European social fund

Export control regulation

Fertilisers

Financial services

Firearms

Fisheries, fish and seafood

Fluorinated gases and Ozone depleting substances

Food labelling

Genetically modified organisms

Geographical indicators

Health and identification marks for products of animal origin

Horizon 2020

Imports of food and feed

Insolvency

Intellectual property

Life sciences

Live animals and animal products

Maritime security

Motor insurance

New car and van CO2 emissions

NGOs

Nuclear research

Objects of cultural interest

Oil and gas

Organic food production

Organs, tissue, and cells

Passports

Payments to farmers

Pesticides regulations

Pet travel

Plants and seeds

Procurement

Product regulation

Registration of veterinary medicines

Renewable electricity issues

Rural Development Programme for England

Seafarer certification

Services

State aid

Telecoms

Timber trade

Tobacco

Trade agreements continuity

Trade in endangered species

Trade remedies

Trans-European energy infrastructure

UK citizens in the EU

UK LIFE projects

UK trade tariff

Upholding industrial emissions

VAT

Vehicle standards

Veterinary medicine products

Workplace rights

BAMFU

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexspence/a-new-leak-reveals-84-areas-of-british-life-the-uk?utm_term=.kkLLxB7Xl#.kbLbQneLr

• Like 1

Rees Mogg has gone from saying two months ago that there would be no hard border in Ireland to saying that we can inspect people crossing the border as we did during the Troubles. 

FTR this is how people were inspected during the Troubles:

opener01.jpg

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Rees Mogg has gone from saying two months ago that there would be no hard border in Ireland to saying that we can inspect people crossing the border as we did during the Troubles. 

FTR this is how people were inspected during the Troubles:

opener01.jpg

That doesn't look right, they're carrying M16s they were never issued to regular British troops.

But that aside, yes that is how people were checked during the troubles.

6 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

That doesn't look right, they're carrying M16s they were never issued to regular British troops.

But that aside, yes that is how people were checked during the troubles.

They're carrying M16s as this is a still from an episode of 'The professionals' and that gun was all that wardrobe had available that week as the arseholes making 'wild geese' took all the SLRs, the cunts.

Dear Mr Rees Mogg, we hope this letter finds you well. We found your recent thoughts on indiscriminate searching of people as they cross the Irish border most intriguing. We would love to hear more of these truly amazing ideas in person and at length. Please accept our invite to speak directly to our residents any time in the very near future. You wouldn’t believe how eager we all are to meet you face to face. Sincerely, the Falls Road Residents Association

:lol:

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2018/08/27/jacob-rees-mogg-invited-to-the-falls-road-to-talk-about-irish-border/

• Haha 1