Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BoE predicting house prices to decrease by a third in the event of no deal. Cheers CT. We can add that to food prices going through the roof and food shortages, medicine shortages, planes grounded, driving licenses not valid abroad, loss of EHIC,  loss of skilled jobs on a scale not seen since thatcher, decrease of NE GDP of 16%, NHS, schools and all public bodies fucked, conflict in NI, break up of the UK.

But at least blue passports (which are considerably less useful than the maroon ones were). 

:CT:

Edited by Renton

7 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Cool, another 20% or so and they'll be starting to approach where they should be 

London maybe. Prices in some parts of the NE havent recovered from the levels before the 2008 recesssion yet. Plus what good is lower house prices when you haven't  got a job or the banks reject you on affordability, or interest rates are sky high?

I appreciate  you want a correction but having to trash the whole economy to get it isnt the answer. 

Edited by Renton

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

The majority of that house price reduction would be felt in London and the south east. We're not going to see a 35% reduction up here.

Really? I doubt it, because London will always have an inherent supply demand problem, lots of foreign buyers, and will be most insulated from Brexit.

However, if Nissan goes, along with its supply chains, what effect will that have? It's our region predicted to have a 16% GDP fall because uniquely we have a surplus in trade with the EU. I think we'll take the brunt of it. 

10 hours ago, Renton said:

BoE predicting house prices to decrease by a third in the event of no deal. Cheers CT. We can add that to food prices going through the roof and food shortages, medicine shortages, planes grounded, driving licenses not valid abroad, loss of EHIC,  loss of skilled jobs on a scale not seen since thatcher, decrease of NE GDP of 16%, NHS, schools and all public bodies fucked, conflict in NI, break up of the UK.

But at least blue passports (which are considerably less useful than the maroon ones were). 

:CT:

Project fear :CT:

6 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Ploughing my money into crypto currency. Don’t need a bank if your cyber coins are held in the info cloud

I reckon crypyo currency will be worthless after the next global crash. Just on the basis it's not based on anything. Gold and bricks and mortar are safest bet imo. 

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Didn’t he say we wouldn’t even notice any changes in the event of no deal?

His plan to remove all tariffs would decimate British farming and industry.

I struggled to watch more than about 30 seconds of his blatant lies tbh. I'd also struggle to spend that much time in one of his establishments

Hmmm, what motive could a company owner of a low end drinking chain have in supporting Brexit?

Some people will undoubtedly profit from us all being poorer, Tim Martin fits the bill perfectly. He's a cunt. 

37 minutes ago, Renton said:

Hmmm, what motive could a company owner of a low end drinking chain have in supporting Brexit?

Some people will undoubtedly profit from us all being poorer, Tim Martin fits the bill perfectly. He's a cunt. 

Why's he getting fucking airtime on BBC Breakfast though?

BBC's idea of "balance". Passing off a pub landlord's opinion as valid as the governor of the BoE ffs.

The BBC have been fucking horrendous in reporting Brexit to the extent I'll not defend those wanting it scrapped now. ITV, channel 4, and Sky have been much better. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Hey @Christmas Tree  please tell me more about how EU immigration has been bad for the UK?

Depends whether you’re getting your news from Twitter or the actual report ;)

“Lower-skilled UK-born workers are more likely to lose out.”

“There is evidence that lower-skilled workers face a negative impact”.

“The earnings of the self-employed are lower and the gap is larger now than in the past”.

The report also recommends and end to free movement “With free movement there can be no guarantee that migration is in the interests of UK residents”.

And finally it suggests that there should be more restraints on lower skilled migration.

Pah! Facts.