Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Politico reporting withdrawal agreement completed and agreed.

You can’t even get that right. They’re specifically saying it’s at negotiator level only.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Lets not re run the refferendum argument. 

I want to know how you can definitively tell me that this deal (that you haven’t seen) is better than what we have.

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Who else do you think is going to agree it first other than Barnier and Raab?

The negotiators. As it explicitly states in the article you’re referring to.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The negotiators. As it explicitly states in the article you’re referring to.

???? Barnier and Raab are the negotiators hence why they’ve had their rushed meeting this afternoon. According to Sky it’s now gone back for May to deliver to cabinet on Tuesday. If they agree it’s party time for May on Wednesday in Brussels.

If she’s given too much away then it’s tits up Tuesday.

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

???? Barnier and Raab are the negotiators hence why they’ve had their rushed meeting this afternoon. According to Sky it’s now gone back for May to deliver to cabinet on Tuesday. If they agree it’s party time for May on Wednesday in Brussels.

If she’s given too much away then it’s tits up Tuesday.

Same Sky correspondent now retweeting this so who knows the truth.

93F5584A-B8FA-411D-98A8-573EA5163BE7.jpeg

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

If May pulls this off then she will go down in history in a churchillian way. Personally I’ve been swayed more towards the Canada +++ but I’d settle for Mays compromise.

She has indeed (from her perspective), tried to put together a version of Brexit to appease the the whole country.

She's invented a plan that pleases absolutely nobody, not the ERG, not the DUP, not more moderate Tories, and not the opposition. And most importantly, not the EU who have already rejected it. 

It's funny how the goal posts have changed. Canada with however many pluses you want to give it is an extreme hard Brexit which will kill industry and put a hard border in Ireland. Pretty sure nowhere near 50% of the public voted for that. Why do you want Nissan to close?

Edited by Renton

If anyone, anywhere, comes out of this even remotely pleased with what's gone on, how we've arrived at it, or what it actually means for our future, then they're deluded beyond all hope and prayer.

I give up. The Tories can set about wrecking the country, pulling it apart, I just can't handle watching anymore. Fuck you democracy, you massive, easily manipulated fucking lie.

24 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

If anyone, anywhere, comes out of this even remotely pleased with what's gone on, how we've arrived at it, or what it actually means for our future, then they're deluded beyond all hope and prayer.

I give up. The Tories can set about wrecking the country, pulling it apart, I just can't handle watching anymore. Fuck you democracy, you massive, easily manipulated fucking lie.

It's been a fucking disaster. I remember being upset June 2016 and Gemmill taking the piss,, saying I was over reacting. I thought then he was right. But in fact it's turned out to be much worse than I could ever imagined. The country is fucked, no matter the outcome. I don't see how we can reconcile the situation now, we're irreconcilably split as a nation between young and old, urban and rural, England vs. Ireland/Scotland, and educated vs. thick cunts. All this on the international stage, it's like we've pissed ourselves at assembly.

Literally the only person who thinks there will be a good outcome now is CT, a fat useless fool who has been proven wrong about each and every one of his predictions, ever.

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

We’ve been all those things for a long, long time.

Good point. But now we are making ourselves much poorer and that is going to make things much worse. I can see a situation now where the UK union will split in a decade. Alright for you ewerk, but I'll be stuck in the arse end of England.

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Having been keeping up with the thread but from what I can gather, it's all Gemmill's fault? Sounds about right

Gemmill's part of the mysterious metropolitan elite. The puppet master, pulling our strings. A soft as shite ginger James Bond accountant, if you will.