Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This article is spot on imo.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/commentary/article-a-self-destructive-madness-grips-the-uk-as-a-no-deal-brexit-looms/

What we are witnessing may be a nation, not just going into economic recession but a regression into political or cultural infantilism. The centre ground of politics has completely disappeared; the mad, the bad and the fools are now in charge.

There is palpable sense of panic slowly developing in London. Each Brit consumes 110 toilet rolls a year—two and half time the European average. The United Kingdom is Europe’s biggest importer of loo paper and it is said that only one day’s supply of toilet paper exists in stock. If Britain leaves the EU Customs Union and Single Market in five months’ time and the trucks transporting toilet paper are held up at Calais or Dover, British bottoms will have to be wiped with torn-up newspapers as in bygone days.

Look what you've reduced us to CT. :(

http://prospect.org/article/brexit-panic-brits-run-out-toilet-paper

49 minutes ago, Renton said:

Look what you've reduced us to CT. :(

http://prospect.org/article/brexit-panic-brits-run-out-toilet-paper

Those figures are obvs just for remainers who are constantly shitting themselves as they feast on project fear stories.

No way I go through 2 1/2 rolls a week. 

21 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s all the standers, dragging us above the European standards, disgusting freaks and brexiteers to a man, I’d wager.

@ewerk would disagree ;)

This sent me back to the arse wiping thread and the wonderful detail from @Happy Face:lol:

https://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/17342-wiping-your-arse/?do=findComment&comment=411702

Unlike you, I'm never afraid to admit when I've gotten it wrong.

On 3/8/2013 at 12:42, ewerk said:

How many of the standers have actually given sitting a go?

I too was skeptical but I don't think it's in anyway an overstatement to say that sitting has changed my life.

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Those figures are obvs just for remainers who are constantly shitting themselves as they feast on project fear stories.

No way I go through 2 1/2 rolls a week. 

With your diet, the only reason you don't go through 2.5 rolls a week is because you walk around with a brown butterfly in your kegs like a dirty fat mackem tramp.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, ewerk said:

She's stepping down as leader but wants to remain as Chancellor.

Not a surprise. She was already reluctant to stand for re-election last time. Poor results are down to a shift to the right in Germany because people are very divided in regards to refugees.

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The same is happening at a lot of banks. Paris and Amsterdam are also popular destinations. The banks have just run out of patience.

I’m not sure if my job will stay in London and, to be honest, working elsewhere in Europe wouldn’t really bother me. Quite a few people where I work have already been told that their jobs are definitely moving to continental Europe. It’s a tough market too so it’s not like they can just refuse and walk into another job.

I know people take a (often justified) dim view of banks/financial services but that is a lot of lost income tax. This also has a knock on effect on the money these people spend on retail, childcare, schools, restaurants, taxis etc.

Given the direction of travel, how anyone can still be supportive of Brexit, is beyond me. 

50 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

The same is happening at a lot of banks. Paris and Amsterdam are also popular destinations. The banks have just run out of patience.

I’m not sure if my job will stay in London and, to be honest, working elsewhere in Europe wouldn’t really bother me. Quite a few people where I work have already been told that their jobs are definitely moving to continental Europe. It’s a tough market too so it’s not like they can just refuse and walk into another job.

I know people take a (often justified) dim view of banks/financial services but that is a lot of lost income tax. This also has a knock on effect on the money these people spend on retail, childcare, schools, restaurants, taxis etc.

Given the direction of travel, how anyone can still be supportive of Brexit, is beyond me. 

spot on. whatever your take on bankers, this is shit news for the wider UK economy