Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

But wait. It was a very narrow result with criminal activity and blatant lying on the leave side. Yet many of them are wanting the most extreme Brexit possible, completely ignoring the 16 million on the Remain side and the people who fell for the bus lie, amongst others. So who is sticking their finger up at who? Norway was the chosen option of many leave politicians, history is being rewritten. Yet people like me should get the blame when it goes tits up? Righto.

I don't think you're to blame at all. That's definitely Cameron and the swivel eyed tories plus Murdoch and Dacre. 

I also agree the harder end of the spectrum are ignoring the remain voters but that's par for course given they're cunts anyway. 

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

I don't think you're to blame at all. That's definitely Cameron and the swivel eyed tories plus Murdoch and Dacre. 

I also agree the harder end of the spectrum are ignoring the remain voters but that's par for course given they're cunts anyway. 

Fair enough. Ftr, I agree I am definitely a hardcore europhile, but pragmatist when it comes to Brexit. I've think we've ran out of any reasonable option now. Jo Johnson phrased it perfectly. To paraphrase, we're fucked. 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Legally that's being ruled on later this month by the ECJ is it not? If we can't unilaterally revoke it we're fucked, because many EU countries want us out now. But 8f we can, what would your objection be for a people's vote given the state we are in? Polls show most people want it and it is fully democratic. (EFTA/EEA is no longer an option now due to our bastard government's behaviour). 

I was possibly reading too much into Barnier's "just say the word" rhetoric about revocation. 

I'm unsure about the second vote because another campaign would be divisive again and I'm not sure the result would be as clearcut as we on the sensible side hope which wouldn't bring any sense of closure.

It does make sense but I think the sense of superiority and attitude of the supporters is very unhelpful. 

As Renton said, a people’s vote would provide a mandate for revocation.

And as for being divisive, what the fuck do you think has been going on in this country for the last two years? It’s already been divisive. We may as well continue to be without completely wrecking our economy.

14 hours ago, Rayvin said:

If Labour do manage to force a second vote and reverse Brexit, the "I told you so" posts from me will make CT's contributions look downright tolerable.

Admittedly i think if it does break that way itll be an opportunism thing rather than strategic, but I'm not going to let that stand in the way of my gloating if the chances comes up.

Even a broken clock...

It isn’t a lack of intelligence that’s led him to this. It’s a stubbornness in his beliefs about Europe. He promised to listen to the membership but lied about that. So fuck him, he’s a fucking fraud and anyone who believes in him is a fucking fool.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

It isn’t a lack of intelligence that’s led him to this. It’s a stubbornness in his beliefs about Europe. He promised to listen to the membership but lied about that. So fuck him, he’s a fucking fraud and anyone who believes in him is a fucking fool.

I think this is all true but I also think he is thick as whale spunk.

Just had the company of two older Labour ladies in the taxi.

One thought Brexit was all done, the other pretty sure it wasn’t but hoped that when it was, it might get rid of the big lorry’s clogging up the roads.

Next topic was JC wearing a hooded anorak and coloured tie yesterday. Both thought it was very disrespectful and agreed with each other that he is very “iffy”.

5 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Starmer would walk a leadership bid on this platform IMO.

This is part of the problem now for Labour with the unwashed having such a big say over Labour leaders. Starmers ok, could even be a wet Tory, but is definitely nowhere near the best leader Labour could have.

Obviously the way they lean gets in the way, but Yvette Cooper would wipe the floor with this Government week in week out.

Theres quite a few others as well.

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

What did you think of Corbyn's cenotaph attire  CT? you know, speaking as a Labour voter yourself? :cuppa:

I saw a tweet “moaning” about it yesterday, had a look and thought meh. Thought a black tie would have been better but meh also.

Thats why I was a bit surprised these two old labour dears were so offended by it.

Of all the things that offend me about JC, his attire is way, way down the list.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I saw a tweet “moaning” about it yesterday, had a look and thought meh. Thought a black tie would have been better but meh also.

Thats why I was a bit surprised these two old labour dears were so offended by it.

Of all the things that offend me about JC, his attire is way, way down the list.

What does offend you about him then? I guess not his Brexit stance.

11 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Old people believe what they read in the papers