Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Totally inevitable that they would do this. And not in the least bit morally corrupt. The Tories wanted to play games with the nation's future, this is what they get 

You seriously think Corbyn could negotiate a deal without a backstop whilst delivering on the Brexit vote split? How?

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

He's basically got to call for something. Either way, it's a step in the right direction. Honestly can't believe CT thought Labour would back this shambles :lol:

Still think they might if she can survive the next 48 hours. The pressure on them come Christmas will be intense.

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

You seriously think Corbyn could negotiate a deal without a backstop whilst delivering on the Brexit vote split? How?

No, i dont think he could. But as we can now see that public opinion has turned in favour of Remain anyway, i dont think its remotely important that he cant.

Moreover, why in fuck would he bail the Tories out here? This government has created this mess of its own accord, and deserves to die at the hands of the monster it made.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Still think they might if she can survive the next 48 hours. The pressure on them come Christmas will be intense.

They won't. I guarantee it. When has pressure on Corbyn ever made the blindest bit of difference to him?

5 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Corbyn wouldn't have a problem creating a border down the Irish Sea.

Edited by ewerk

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

No, i dont think he could. But as we can now see that public opinion has turned in favour of Remain anyway, i dont think its remotely important that he cant.

Moreover, why in fuck would he bail the Tories out here? This government has created this mess of its own accord, and deserves to die at the hands of the monster it made.

:lol: The public haven’t changed to remain.

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: The public haven’t changed to remain.

Then they can all suffer no deal too for all i care :lol:

I dont give a shit anymore about whats best for people, i just want this to fucking blow off the limbs of the Tories.

And if at any point you did give a shit about what was best for people, you would have joined the rest of us in voting against this massive, meaningless, pointless clusterfuck.

I would prefer no deal to May's plan. I cannot give a shit anymore. Im so sick and tired of the lies and utter stupidity involved in this. The only people who i have any sympathy with are the working class Remainers, but honestly I'll pay that price gladly to watch the Tories tear themselves apart.

Just now, ewerk said:

That's an utterly ridiculous statement.

The preference may be ridiculous but the statement isn't. But like I said, I'm beyond rationality on this now. If the Tories somehow get away with this, I'm fucking done with politics, full stop. I need to see them suffer from this - not just May, but the whole fucking party. Moreover, I'm tempted to say that if so many people are determined that No Deal is the best outcome, let them fucking have it. It's the only way to shut them up for certain anyway.

What is ridiculous, is that we are poised to accept a shit deal that basically gives us a far less attractive version of what we already have, pleasing fucking no one, because that's the only way the Tories can save themselves.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The preference may be ridiculous but the statement isn't. But like I said, I'm beyond rationality on this now. If the Tories somehow get away with this, I'm fucking done with politics, full stop. I need to see them suffer from this - not just May, but the whole fucking party. Moreover, I'm tempted to say that if so many people are determined that No Deal is the best outcome, let them fucking have it. It's the only way to shut them up for certain anyway.

What is ridiculous, is that we are poised to accept a shit deal that basically gives us a far less attractive version of what we already have, pleasing fucking no one, because that's the only way the Tories can save themselves.

The Tories are only going to suffer if there is an alternative for people to vote for. That isn't currently the situation. Labour have offered zero leadership on this issue and deserve nearly as much shit for this mess.

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

the whole country suffers in the event of no deal. it'll be chaos and economic ruin 

Just now, ewerk said:

The Tories are only going to suffer if there is an alternative for people to vote for. That isn't currently the situation. Labour have offered zero leadership on this issue and deserve nearly as much shit for this mess.

The Tories will suffer if they're in power when No Deal hits home. I have no faith in Labour to get rid of them by March, and I have every faith that the Tories will somehow cling on as they always seem to do. The only thing that will burn them unless we end up in a second vote, is No Deal coming home to roost.

Rayvin's given up caring about people. He's off to France and he's lost his sense of smell, so what does he care?

Meanwhile of course ewerk is delighted with May's deal. Why not, it give NI effective access to both the UK and EU markets, boom times. Fuck the rest of us though. 

;)

I'm just done with the compromise (not that I hold any power in this at all). Looking at it rationally, if No Deal is simply unthinkable, then call the government's bluff. Force them into a position where it's No Deal or Remain. The Tories are then fucked either way. I would argue more fucked under No Deal.

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

watching the events in the commons and almost feeling a bit sorry for may, she's taking an absolutely savage pummelling from all sides. 

Don't you dare feel sorry for her.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'm just done with the compromise (not that I hold any power in this at all). Looking at it rationally, if No Deal is simply unthinkable, then call the government's bluff. Force them into a position where it's No Deal or Remain. The Tories are then fucked either way. I would argue more fucked under No Deal.

I agree with this. The risk I suppose is that an ERG loon gets in number 10.