Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From Another Angry voice blog 

This afternoon Theresa May has held a press conference in which she spouted the same old platitudes and lies in order to deflect attention away from the Brexit farce she's delivered.

• She brushed over all the cabinet resignations and the fact that she doesn't even have a Brexit Secretary (after the 2nd one resigned in protest at her plans).

• She completely ignored the fact that without the support of the 60 odd Tory Brextremist headbangers, her last-minute Brexit proposals stands virtually no chance of surviving a parliamentary vote.

• She made no mention of the upcoming vote of no confidence she's about to face as the furious Brextremists seek to oust her in a desperate last ditch effort to trigger a catastrophic "no deal" economic meltdown so that them and their mega-rich speculator mates can make fortunes betting against Britain, then pick £billions worth of distressed British assets out of the wreckage they've deliberately created.

• She continued pushing the lie that she's conducted Brexit in the national interest, rather than making it a closed shop for her Tory mates from the very beginning (with opposition parties, devolved parliaments, UK business sectors, trade unions, academics and experts, charities, and civic society all excluded from the process) meaning that this is an entirely Tory-created mess.

• And she announced nothing new. Just the same old waffle and platitudes.

So what was the point of it? 

Presumably it's a last ditch media management effort by her advisers. They want the evening news broadcasts to feature May spouting optimistic Brexit platitudes against a backdrop of British flags to deflect at least some of the attention away from the Brexit chaos she's created, the fact her Brexit plan will almost certainly never make it through parliament, and that her days as Prime Minister are almost certainly coming to an end.

This kind of pathetic effort to 'paper over the cracks' just goes to show how utterly screwed Theresa May is. Her Brexit house is about to collapse into a pile of rubble, but she's busying herself by slopping a load of new wallpaper over the structural failures in the hope that someone somewhere is actually gullible enough to buy it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2238961639477070&id=185180654855189

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

From Another Angry voice blog 

This afternoon Theresa May has held a press conference in which she spouted the same old platitudes and lies in order to deflect attention away from the Brexit farce she's delivered.

• She brushed over all the cabinet resignations and the fact that she doesn't even have a Brexit Secretary (after the 2nd one resigned in protest at her plans).

• She completely ignored the fact that without the support of the 60 odd Tory Brextremist headbangers, her last-minute Brexit proposals stands virtually no chance of surviving a parliamentary vote.

• She made no mention of the upcoming vote of no confidence she's about to face as the furious Brextremists seek to oust her in a desperate last ditch effort to trigger a catastrophic "no deal" economic meltdown so that them and their mega-rich speculator mates can make fortunes betting against Britain, then pick £billions worth of distressed British assets out of the wreckage they've deliberately created.

• She continued pushing the lie that she's conducted Brexit in the national interest, rather than making it a closed shop for her Tory mates from the very beginning (with opposition parties, devolved parliaments, UK business sectors, trade unions, academics and experts, charities, and civic society all excluded from the process) meaning that this is an entirely Tory-created mess.

• And she announced nothing new. Just the same old waffle and platitudes.

So what was the point of it? 

Presumably it's a last ditch media management effort by her advisers. They want the evening news broadcasts to feature May spouting optimistic Brexit platitudes against a backdrop of British flags to deflect at least some of the attention away from the Brexit chaos she's created, the fact her Brexit plan will almost certainly never make it through parliament, and that her days as Prime Minister are almost certainly coming to an end.

This kind of pathetic effort to 'paper over the cracks' just goes to show how utterly screwed Theresa May is. Her Brexit house is about to collapse into a pile of rubble, but she's busying herself by slopping a load of new wallpaper over the structural failures in the hope that someone somewhere is actually gullible enough to buy it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2238961639477070&id=185180654855189

Yeah, but apart from that she's doing fine. She'll be home and dry by Saturday. 

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Ok, I’ll bite.

home and dry? In what sense is she anywhere near home and dry?

Well, she has survived the resignations and JRM sending his letter in. Survive tomorrow and she seems pretty safe. It’s then onwards and upwards with the hard PR as the news cycle will move on to all the big businesses coming out for her deal rather than the Westminster bubble chaos of today.

As the news moves from the drama of the backstop to the positive news (ending free movement, jit surviving etc), it will become harder and harder for Labour MP’s to denounce. As the vote gets nearer the spotlight will shine hard on Labour.

Come the day of the vote will Leave constituency MPs (and remain ones for that matter), really want to be the cause of No Deal?

I think not.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Well, she has survived the resignations and JRM sending his letter in. Survive tomorrow and she seems pretty safe. It’s then onwards and upwards with the hard PR as the news cycle will move on to all the big businesses coming out for her deal rather than the Westminster bubble chaos of today.

As the news moves from the drama of the backstop to the positive news (ending free movement, jit surviving etc), it will become harder and harder for Labour MP’s to denounce. As the vote gets nearer the spotlight will shine hard on Labour.

Come the day of the vote will Leave constituency MPs (and remain ones for that matter), really want to be the cause of No Deal?

I think not.

Will they go against the whip?

Honestly, you're either being incredibly dense or typically contrary. Literally nobody thinks she can get this through. 

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Eh? The 48+ letters are in. Brady just needs to check that the letters received months ago are still valid.

I have been busy today but checking my twitter feed and see this tweet 50 mins ago from the man at the Times. You may well be right but no main journos seem to be reporting what you are saying.

8F06126D-803B-47E2-B914-516F004FB488.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Will they go against the whip?

Honestly, you're either being incredibly dense or typically contrary. Literally nobody thinks she can get this through. 

Well they have to answer to those who elect them. Is a Nissan based MP or BMW etc really going to vote for no deal come the day?

I have been busy today but checking my twitter feed and see this tweet 50 mins ago from the man at the Times. You may well be right but no main journos seem to be reporting what you are saying.

8F06126D-803B-47E2-B914-516F004FB488.jpeg

Laura Kuinssberg says it will happen before Monday. She'll survive it regardless, depending what you mean by survive. We now have a minority government, how long can that really last? 

Well they have to answer to those who elect them. Is a Nissan based MP or BMW etc really going to vote for no deal come the day?

They're not voting no deal. Have you not noticed May is now increasingly saying no Brexit at all? If it comes to a binary  choice between no deal and no Brexit, I honestly think May will choose the latter. 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Laura Kuinssberg says it will happen before Monday. She'll survive it regardless, depending what you mean by survive. We now have a minority government, how long can that really last? 

By survive I mean seeing out the vote at least.

The minority government I’m surprised hasn’t really had as much coverage as I thought it would today. It’s a very interesting issue but say the deal gets voted through, are the DUP really going to risk Corbyn & McDonnel?

I fully appreciate it could all equally go to slime very quickly. There just seems a lot in Mays favour.

Labour voting for no deal?

No king over the water for Tories

DUP / Corbyn hatred

People like Nicky Morgan now backing deal.

And the big PR drive to come

Think of all those big German / French companies (Siemans, aerospace etc) that are going to come out frothing over this.

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

They're not voting no deal. Have you not noticed May is now increasingly saying no Brexit at all? If it comes to a binary  choice between no deal and no Brexit, I honestly think May will choose the latter. 

No Brexit patter is there to scare the ERG. The vote will be deal or no deal.

33 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

No Brexit patter is there to scare the ERG. The vote will be deal or no deal.

What vote? The vote is on accepting May's deal or not, then we are in uncharted water. A PV would be extremely likely. I think that's what she's getting at tbh, a no deal/no Brexit referendum. The stress will likely kill me but imo remain would romp it.