Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love this fabled PR drive CT keeps talking about.

Who is going to lead that exactly? She's lost Gove, Johnson, Raab, Davis... Farage will come out of the woodwork as well. There is going to be hell on, CT. If the Remainers think they can pull off a second vote, she's fucked. The only chance she has, is continuing to convince them that it's her deal or no deal. Weirdly, they're the only ones who might save her. But they'd be fucking stupid to do so when a second vote is feasible.

2 hours ago, Renton said:

What vote? The vote is on accepting May's deal or not, then we are in uncharted water. A PV would be extremely likely. I think that's what she's getting at tbh, a no deal/no Brexit referendum. The stress will likely kill me but imo remain would romp it. 

Parliament has already voted to leave on 29th March with or without a deal. That’s the law.

If commons votes down Mays vote that is what will happen unless the government decides to do something different. 

38 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I love this fabled PR drive CT keeps talking about.

Who is going to lead that exactly? She's lost Gove, Johnson, Raab, Davis... Farage will come out of the woodwork as well. There is going to be hell on, CT. If the Remainers think they can pull off a second vote, she's fucked. The only chance she has, is continuing to convince them that it's her deal or no deal. Weirdly, they're the only ones who might save her. But they'd be fucking stupid to do so when a second vote is feasible.

See post above re logistics of getting a 2nd vote. As it happens, remainers like Rudd / Morgan who have asked for a 2nd vote have today backed Mays deal.

The PR drive will come from big business / The EU / Media etc (If she survives).

8 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

She’s survived the day. Same tomorrow and she’s home and dry.

So you don’t think she’s toast? 

6 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Parliament has already voted to leave on 29th March with or without a deal. That’s the law.

If commons votes down Mays vote that is what will happen unless the government decides to do something different. 

Laws can be changed. You haven't been paying attention to her change in tone (she is no longer ruling out a PV) and STILL don't comprehend what no deal means. No deal could be the end of the country in a literal sense. Does May want to be remembered as the PM who broke the union and destroyed the economy?

No. Much better to put it to a PV, citing how things have changed. If we vote no deal, at least it's mandated. Same with no Brexit. It's her get out clause. 

10 hours ago, Renton said:

Laura Kuinssberg says it will happen before Monday. She'll survive it regardless, depending what you mean by survive. We now have a minority government, how long can that really last? 

She'll technically survive it but if there's a sizeable number of her MPs voting to get rid of her then politically it would be incredibly difficult for her to continue.

41 minutes ago, Renton said:

Laws can be changed. You haven't been paying attention to her change in tone (she is no longer ruling out a PV) and STILL don't comprehend what no deal means. No deal could be the end of the country in a literal sense. Does May want to be remembered as the PM who broke the union and destroyed the economy?

No. Much better to put it to a PV, citing how things have changed. If we vote no deal, at least it's mandated. Same with no Brexit. It's her get out clause. 

:lol: She ruled out a PV 53 times in Parliament yesterday.

21 minutes ago, ewerk said:

She'll technically survive it but if there's a sizeable number of her MPs voting to get rid of her then politically it would be incredibly difficult for her to continue.

Mays main talent is overcoming incredibly difficult situations.

13 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: She ruled out a PV 53 times in Parliament yesterday.

I dont think she did. But so what? How many times did she rule out a GE? The difference is she is now threatening MO Brexit at all. No way would she do that without a PV to justify it. The mood has changed. QT was in gammonland last night and a lot of people wanted a PV. It has huge support in the polls. 

Edited by Renton

May overcomes fuck all. She keeps going with grim determination, I'll grant her that, but its not the same as overcoming, which suggests she will win out somehow. 

The only reason she is still PM is because the Tories need someone to be the fall guy for this.

He 100% won't get an election.

Although i did read yesterday that if enough Tories join a vote of no confidence in the government, combined with Labour and the other parties they can force one.

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Corbyn sent out an email to members this morning saying if we can’t get an election labour will look at all options, including a people’s vote - finally!

It's gaining traction. Popular even in Leave areas. Can't beat a bit of direct democracy. :D

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

He 100% won't get an election.

Although i did read yesterday that if enough Tories join a vote of no confidence in the government, combined with Labour and the other parties they can force one.

Disagree. I have thought for a while that that’s exactly where we’re heading. It’s that or a people’s vote - no deal isn’t an option and Mays deal, the only deal in town - isn’t getting the votes needed.

21 minutes ago, Renton said:

I dont think she did. But so what? How many times did she rule out a GE? The difference is she is now threatening MO Brexit at all. No way would she do that without a PV to justify it. The mood has changed. QT was in gammonland last night and a lot of people wanted a PV. It has huge support in the polls. 

The threat of no brexit was relating to government falling not on offer from her. 

16 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Corbyn sent out an email to members this morning saying if we can’t get an election labour will look at all options, including a people’s vote - finally!

??? That’s been Labour policy since summer.