Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

He 100% won't get an election.

Although i did read yesterday that if enough Tories join a vote of no confidence in the government, combined with Labour and the other parties they can force one.

@Renton point yesterday was interesting about a minority government not being able to rule and Corbyn getting in that way was interesting. Not sure of mechanics though.

However public outcry and refferendum being ignored and Corbyn getting in without an election may be problematic for Labour.

8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

??? That’s been Labour policy since summer.

Corbyn never really got behind it, despite what was said at conference. In fact he was interviewed just days ago on channel 4, rejecting calls for a second referendum after Jo Johnson resigned.

This is significant. He has been keeping his powder dry, I hope, for good reason, while the Tories self destruct. If we don’t get the election I think labour will double down on a PV. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

The threat of no brexit was relating to government falling not on offer from her. 

Yes, I know. Why do you think no Brexit is not a real threat but no deal is? The country won't survive the latter, it's not tenable.

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Yes, I know. Why do you think no Brexit is not a real threat but no deal is? The country won't survive the latter, it's not tenable.

This fella begs to differ.

If May goes and we get a brexiteer PM I just can’t see how they get a better deal. If it ever got to PV we would have a brexiteer PM / Government and all the money / machinery promoting leave this time. A brochure to every home this time promising sunny uplands instead of project fear.

Labour would still be promising to Brexit as well or risk alienating core vote at next election.

It would almost be the opposite position to the last vote.

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Simply because if May lasts, that’s the choice MP’s will get.

She'll resign if her deal is voted down. It's her out. No way she'll have the stones to preside over a no deal outcome. 

If she resigns, we get no deal by JRM or the moderate Tories force through a public vote.

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Simply because if May lasts, that’s the choice MP’s will get.

If, I mean when, may's plan is voted down, do you think that's it, we will prepare for no deal? I just can't see it personally. The choice then has to be remain or no deal. I think there is much more support for the former. Hence Brexiter arses are twitching.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

She'll resign if her deal is voted down. It's her out. No way she'll have the stones to preside over a no deal outcome. 

If she resigns, we get no deal by JRM or the moderate Tories force through a public vote.

See my post on a PV. This time you’d have Patrick Mumford advising the treasury on projections :lol:

1 minute ago, Renton said:

If, I mean when, may's plan is voted down, do you think that's it, we will prepare for no deal? I just can't see it personally. The choice then has to be remain or no deal. I think there is much more support for the former. Hence Brexiter arses are twitching.

Having said this, they seem to be pushing for this outcome also. To make it stick they need one of them to take the PM position. If they pull down Mays deal and replace it with nothing, thwy could lose everything.

Although truthfully, many of them may prefer Remain to Mays deal. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

See my scenario with Boris as PM, JRM as chancellor etc

Gove staying, despite rejecting the Brexit job because he disagrees with May’s deal. What a principled man.

-May’s deal won’t get through parliament

- there is clearly no majority for no deal 

At which point what an alternative is there to a general election or a people’s vote? The Tories aren’t going to let the ERG oversee a disorderly edit in March. Ain’t going to happen.

8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

See my scenario with Boris as PM, JRM as chancellor etc

I think they'd genuinely shit themselves at having any real power. As we've seen with Johnson, Davis and Raab, they're much happier standing outside the tent and pissing in where they can bloviate until their heart is content without having to actually accept any responsibility.

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Gove staying, despite rejecting the Brexit job because he disagrees with May’s deal. What a principled man.

Just because he disagrees with the plan doesn't compell him to resign.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I think they'd genuinely shit themselves at having any real power. As we've seen with Johnson, Davis and Raab, they're much happier standing outside the tent and pissing in where they can bloviate until their heart is content without having to actually accept any responsibility.

:lol: That’s your silliest post to date. They are power hungry maniacs.

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Have you factored in a last resort of a PV lead by a brexiteer PM / Chancellor / treasury?

That’s the only scenario that could produce no deal or remain and is why I favour a general election and the soft Brexit i expect a labour-led coalition to deliver.