Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can only see two possible ways that May’s deal gets through. 

a. She faces a leadership challenge and wins convincingly 

b. She calls another referendum with the choice to remain or leave and a second question on what deal we want in the event of leaving and we vote out again.

Right now she doesn’t have the political support to get her deal through, she needs some external verification from somewhere to assert her authority.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I can only see two possible ways that May’s deal gets through. 

a. She faces a leadership challenge and wins convincingly 

b. She calls another referendum with the choice to remain or leave and a second question on what deal we want in the event of leaving and we vote out again.

Right now she doesn’t have the political support to get her deal through, she needs some external verification from somewhere to assert her authority.

Or the PR narrative starting, this deal or crashing out & Labour must act in the national interest, gathers steam before the vote in 4 weeks.

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

I thought this was good on how (in part) we've ended up here: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1063482269392867328.html

Great read. I’ve often said the UK is the Balkans without the Kalashnikovs. The war there was kicked off in 1992 with of democratic vote in the Slovenian Parliament to leave Yugoslavia. Being honest I can’t see a bunch of mad Scots Nats taking to the woods for a boot camp and  unloading a trawler full of M16s at Coldingam Bay but it was very ordinary people (in some cases football hooligan gangs) in Serbia and Croatia who first started shooting & burning minorities who had the misfortune of being in the midst of a majority population of the other. As the article said, egged on by facist ideologues and gangsters hungry for money,status & power.

The warnings from history are there but no one is really taliking about it. Steve Bannon sat on the GMTV couch being mollycoddled by Piers fuckin Morgan is one of the most disgraceful episodes in modern journalistic history. You can’t debate wth these fuckin cunts. Look how his puppet Trump tried to shut down Acosta. Luckily the US first amendment states that you can’t supress the press. At least there are some in the US speaking truth to power. I can’t see it anywhere in the MSM here. 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 3

Looks like the myth of the ERG has finally been exposed. Despite the numbers they claim to have and the influence they’ve had on amendments recently they’ve been unable to get even half their membership to submit their letter calling for a vote of no confidence. They may have finally overplayed their hand.

Regarding Corbyn, I dont understand what any of these politicians are gaining from delusional comments like that.

Why bother claiming something so patently untrue. Why not just treat the public like fucking adults and tell them the truth?

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

Obviously don't bother reading the piece but this bit is incredible: 'If we need to leave with no deal and negotiate a free trade agreement during the transition period, so be it.'

The man in charge of Brexit negotiations for two years still doesn't know that without a deal there is no transition period.