Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Don’t know why anyone would assume we’d get the same deal as Norway given the difference in the two economies. It’s obvious you might give concessions to a smaller economy that you wouldn’t necessarily want to afford to a competitor ( which is what we’d be). 

Stop talking Britain down!

And speaking of David Davis, and his ilk, given how difficult he and all the others have found negotiating a deal with our closest trading partners (and even when a deal the EU agreed upon was formulated it would leave us in a worse position than now) who the fuck is going to negotiate all these cracking deals with the rest of the world? And why should anyone have any faith in them? 

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Don’t know why anyone would assume we’d get the same deal as Norway given the difference in the two economies. It’s obvious you might give concessions to a smaller economy that you wouldn’t necessarily want to afford to a competitor ( which is what we’d be). 

Norway actually pays more to the EU per capita than we do and of course accept FoM. I was an advocate but after the way we've pissed around it's now a non-starter. 

I just find out arrogance incredible. We have all these debates internally without any notion of what EU and Efta countries want or will be prepared to accept. I am beginning to think only a hard as fuck, disorderly, no deal Brexit, will get the message across that we aren't some exceptional nation inherently superior to everyone else. This process is proving quite the contrary in fact. 

• Like 1

I'm kinda glad the Norway option is dead since Remain and No Deal are the only options that actually solve anything properly.

That said, does this mean Mays deal has slightly more chance of getting through parliament? It would mean that if Mps vote it down, they're basically either throwing the country into No Deal or betraying the public with remain.

Are our politicians brave enough for either option...

15 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'm kinda glad the Norway option is dead since Remain and No Deal are the only options that actually solve anything properly.

That said, does this mean Mays deal has slightly more chance of getting through parliament? It would mean that if Mps vote it down, they're basically either throwing the country into No Deal or betraying the public with remain.

Are our politicians brave enough for either option...

But what do these solve? If we end up remaining, especially if it's not through a PV or if a PV is very close, the Gammons will go apeshit and we'll never move on as a country. The EU will rightfully hate us and industry won't trust us. But if we get no deal, we are completely fucked. We'll end up reapplying but on much worse terms. Good chance reapplication would be vetoed too. 

Thanks  a lot Cameron, you pig fucking cunt. 

Edited by Renton

Remain sorts the whole mess out economically by giving us the best outcome possible.

No Deal sorts the whole mess out politically by giving the fuckwits what they want and letting them suffer the consequences as a learning experience.

Everything in between is harmful economically and won't be sufficient to make the political point that needs to be made. We may as well betray the gammons because anything short of No Deal and they will believe we did anyway.

That said i was thinking it would be resolved through a PV.

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's all okay lads, we're not leaving anyway.

I hope you're right. I think you probably are. May's deal won't get through and although it's the default outcome, no deal was always a bluff. It shouldn't be an option on the PV. 

His motion passed so that parliament could direct the government in how to act. It's thought that Parliament would never allow no deal. It doesn't preclude it from being on the ballot and it would be near impossible for parliament to refuse no deal if that's what the public choose in a referendum.

I wonder if they could get away with not having it on there.

I've also been wondering about this second choice thing - like you choose Remain and then have to choose again between No Deal and May. Would the second choice be mandatory?

I would imagine AV system. You vote for a first choice and a second choice. If no option gets more than 50%, the least popular option is eliminated and the second choice votes for those voters are added to the others. This process  continues until one option has over 50%. For a 3 choice option a maximum of 2 rounds are needed. 

It’s rather a vote between bubonic plague and cholera tbh.

And Norway rejecting the UK to join EFTA has been always on the cards as those countries always had a totally different approach to the EU for obvious reasons but were willing to accept the fundamental principles as well as commit to financial obligations.

On 04/12/2018 at 16:22, ewerk said:

To the relief of the entire nation May and Corbyn's Brexit debate has been cancelled by the BBC. 

On 04/12/2018 at 16:32, Rayvin said:

What about ITV?

They're relieved as well. :good:

56 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's difficult to know whether he knows he's lying or is too stupid to realise.

Hes basically just doing what the men in the shadows are telling him to do. As much as I dislike the way Labour are playing this, it’s definitely the right play when an election could materialise at any minute.