Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If May wins, her deal does not get through unless Labour back down. But if her deal goes through, DUP pull support.

If May wins and deal falls, she could call a 2nd ref blaming Labour.

Therefore quickest route to a GE for Labour is backing May.

Edited by Christmas Tree

8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

If May wins, her deal does not get through unless Labour back down. But if her deal goes through, DUP pull support.

If May wins and deal falls, she could call a 2nd ref blaming Labour.

Therefore quickest route to a GE for Labour is backing May.

I don't follow your logic. 

25 minutes ago, ewerk said:

As much as that would be the best way forward it would be an affront to democracy. The only way it can be legitimately rescinded is following another referendum.

It's not an affront to democracy if you believe we have a representative democracy though. MPs are paid to deal with this. The referendum was advisory, after all. If we can't make it work without inflicting huge damage, parliament should have the guts to stop it. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

If we had a cross party vote to rescind article 50, who would leavers get annoyed at? They cant vote against all of parliament.

The “establishment”

...cue the rise of some awful populist parties.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tommy Robinson going head to head with Russell Brand in the 2023 election at this rate.

Edited by Dr Gloom

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I wonder how many of the cunts really want to own this mess. No Deal or no Brexit, utterly toxic outcomes in one way or another. Plus doesn't the Grieve ammendment still stand? How much power will the new PM really have? 

I'll make a prediction. If May goes, that arsewipe Johnson won't stand. 

I get that but hes had a new haircut and hes got a plan about withholding the 39mill till a free deal has agreed with Brussels. He means business  this time

:glare:

1 hour ago, Renton said:

It's not an affront to democracy if you believe we have a representative democracy though. MPs are paid to deal with this. The referendum was advisory, after all. If we can't make it work without inflicting huge damage, parliament should have the guts to stop it. 

Totally agree. I suggested this way out a few weeks ago. 

I think this might turn out to be a very good day for Theresa May. She won’t lose the vote and providing the result isn’t tight then this puts to bed the speculation about her future for the next year and puts the ERG back in their box.

28 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I think this might turn out to be a very good day for Theresa May. She won’t lose the vote and providing the result isn’t tight then this puts to bed the speculation about her future for the next year and puts the ERG back in their box.

She had a very good PMQ’s (Corbyn awful), she still has to decide what she is going to pivot to as her deal seems dead.