Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The view we’ve all been waiting for.

Chris will have enjoyed the benefit of the older form of freedom of movement in his 3 years playing for Marseille. 

Five cabinet ministers — David Gauke, Amber Rudd, David Lidington, Greg Clark and Mr Hammond — want Mrs May to bring back her deal for a vote as early as next week. They then want the Commons to hold a series of “indicative” votes on every conceivable option, from a no-deal Brexit, a Canada-style agreement, a single market and customs union to a second referendum.

“They will all fail,” one cabinet minister said. “At that point we will probably be able to rule out no-deal and Canada.”

As predicted, parliament is completely divided. The only way to settle this is another referendum, it's the only legitimate democratic way to resolve this.

If there is a 2nd referendum, what alternatives can be used to the previous “ Remain/Leave” shitshow to rule out the illegal bollocks the Leave campaign resorted too?

One, transparent and independent body to present pro/con facts without prejudice? 

Is that feasible or am I being a bit wooly hippy? 

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

As predicted, parliament is completely divided. The only way to settle this is another referendum, it's the only legitimate democratic way to resolve this.

It makes sense to do that. Therefore won't happen, obviously. 

31 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If there is a 2nd referendum, what alternatives can be used to the previous “ Remain/Leave” shitshow to rule out the illegal bollocks the Leave campaign resorted too?

One, transparent and independent body to present pro/con facts without prejudice? 

Is that feasible or am I being a bit wooly hippy? 

This is what happens in the Republic of Ireland, where they are set up for referenda. We should send JRM out there on a fact finding mission. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Oh joy, another foreign europhile telling us what Brexit is really about. :lol:

Did you read it. I think it was spot on, particularly the premise that the UK wants the benefits of membership (frictionless access to a huge market) without the obligations (FoM and payments).

Now if you agree that this cakeism is true (or as you call it, "a cracking deal"), you have to ask yourself why the UK alone, or really England actually, demands this when none of the other EU27 do. The answer is clearly because of English exceptionalism. It's written across the face of every gammon I've had the misfortune to meet. I think with you CT the penny is finally dropping, even if you can't admit it. And it's fucking funny. :icon_lol:

Edited by Renton

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Did you read it. I think it was spot on, particularly the premise that the UK wants the benefits of membership (frictionless access to a huge market) without the obligations (FoM and payments).

:lol: Well you would think it was spot on because you too are a self confessed europhile. Unfortunately it’s the minority view within the U.K.

48 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Well you would think it was spot on because you too are a self confessed europhile. Unfortunately it’s the minority view within the U.K.

Are you  denying Johnson literally said we could have our cake and eat it?

And you believed him?

Liking Europe has nowt to do with it. 

I think it's summed up by this British empire/superiority trope that it describes. The amount of language from leavers harking back to ww2 or when Britain ruled the waves and other such nonsense is obvious in its influence. 

No concept of how the 21st century world is or works whatsoever. 

There was a piece I read today mentioning how leave had broad canvas ideals like "take back control" etc which appeal to people who have no interest in details - however it didn't expand on that to show the same shit with Trump's "make America great again" etc. 

Basically the world if full of shallow brained morons who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near anything important. 

Edited by NJS
  • Like 2