Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, NJS said:

I think it's summed up by this British empire/superiority trope that it describes. The amount of language from leavers harking back to ww2 or when Britain ruled the waves and other such nonsense is obvious in its influence. 

No concept of how the 21st century world is or works whatsoever. 

There was a piece I read today mentioning how leave had broad canvas ideals like "take back control" etc which appeal to people who have no interest in details - however it didn't expand on that to show the same shit with Trump's "make America great again" etc. 

Basically the world if full of shallow brained morons who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near anything important. 

Most of the world works by sovereign country’s having trading arrangements with other country’s that they wish to trade with. They don’t have to be part of a bloated political structure.

Its going to be a very fast changing world over the next 10-20 years, particularly with the changes AI are going to have. Much better to be a nimble country able to quickly make decisions, arrange deals (that are targeted at our needs, not 27 other country’s) and pass laws that allows our governments to act in our interests.

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Its going to be a very fast changing world over the next 10-20 years, particularly with the changes AI are going to have. Much better to be a nimble country able to quickly make decisions, arrange deals (that are targeted at our needs, not 27 other country’s) and pass laws that allows our governments to act in our interests.

Give me one conceivable situation where any of that makes sense. Just one hypothetical situation.

36 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Most of the world works by sovereign country’s having trading arrangements with other country’s that they wish to trade with. They don’t have to be part of a bloated political structure.

What the fuck has AI got to do with anything remotely. Also before you make shit up I have worked in and with AI systems.

4 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

List the countries with which trade deals are of material worth and explain why they would offer better terms than those they have with the EU. 

List any trade deals at that level which have been "quick". 

6 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Actually you've got this exactly the wrong way round. Like an even thicker version of Liam Fox.

The person who I would trust the most about Brexit is Ivan Rogers, the ex ambassador to the EU who quit because he knew this was going to happen. He gave a scathing speech last night and says we are heading for a full blown crisis.  A toxic combination of UK delusions and the EU's technocratic approach. He's been spot on so far, so I would suggest we should listen. If he thinks we're fucked, we probably are. 

It's quite long but I'd highly recommend to read it as it perfectly summarises the issues we face. 

https://news.liverpool.ac.uk/2018/12/13/full-speech-sir-ivan-rogers-on-brexit/

Edited by Renton

12 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Well you would think it was spot on because you too are a self confessed europhile. Unfortunately it’s the minority view within the U.K.

Agreed, most people lack self awareness 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

What the fuck has AI got to do with anything remotely. Also before you make shit up I have worked in and with AI systems.

It’s just something else he’s heard about but knows absolutely nothing about 

18 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Another solid performance by her last night on QT. Step aside Jezza.

She was utterly rubbish. Tbh I'm as sick of this unicorn cakeism bullshit from labour as I am from the tories. It ain't happening. To realise why, read the speech I linked to by Rogers (not you tubs, it's way beyond your attention span). There's literally nothing else you need to know about Brexit and where we are heading and nobody better qualified to deliver it. 

Just now, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Screenshot_146.png

You're aware that the SJWs would now consider you to be worse than me, right? You've just committed the unforgivable sin, irrespective of your intent :D