Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Corbyn is getting a load of stick about brexit and his silence on the shambles that are the Tories. 

Now excuse my ignorance and lack of in depth knowledge compared to some of you...... But. 

Why would he put his head above the parapet when the Tories are doing such a great job at fucking themselves up? 

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Corbyn is getting a load of stick about brexit and his silence on the shambles that are the Tories. 

Now excuse my ignorance and lack of in depth knowledge compared to some of you...... But. 

Why would he put his head above the parapet when the Tories are doing such a great job at fucking themselves up? 

He’s behind in the polls to the shittest government in British history.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

He’s missing an absolute trick.

Back Mays withdrawal agreement which would lose the Tories the DUP, which would lose the Tories power.

Then Labour would be free to negotiate the future deal any way they wanted. Customs union, single market access, workers rights......

No downside.

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

He’s missing an absolute trick.

Back Mays withdrawal agreement which would lose the Tories the DUP, which would lose the Tories power.

Then Labour would be free to negotiate the future deal any way they wanted. Customs union, single market access, workers rights......

No downside.

Fuck me but you’re a thick cunt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Come on then clever cunt, what’s the flaw in this plan?

There is no way he can get his party’s backing to support this bill.

at least 100 actual Tories are going to vote against it.

By backing the deal he is saying it is the best he can get and undermines his position to replace May.

he also can’t support a Tory government even the Tories don’t support.

he has previously attacked the deal and now he is going to back it??

you’re a thick cunt.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

By backing the deal he is saying it is the best he can get and undermines his position to replace May.

you’re a thick cunt.

I know you’re a dour Scotch cunt but you’ve been on very good form recently. ;) 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

you’re a thick cunt.

:lol: The only thing he would be backing is the withdrawal agreement, the deal is a blank canvas that he could paint as he likes.

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

To paraphrase someone much more intelligent than me: ‘you don’t interrupt your enemy when they’re making a mistake but when your enemy is driving you off a cliff...’.

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: The only thing he would be backing is the withdrawal agreement, the deal is a blank canvas that he could paint as he likes.

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

You don't get it. Signing the WA gives huge leverage going forward to EU, even more than they have now. There is no negotiating a good deal going forward from that. 

This is like when the extremes of the circle meet, facism and communism. Corbyn and the ERG have a fair bit in common. Both completely delusional in what they can achieve, because they fundamentally just dont get it, like you. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

You don't get it. Signing the WA gives huge leverage going forward to EU, even more than they have now. There is no negotiating a good deal going forward from that. 

Eh? Putting aside your remain option, Labour could easily sign up to a very soft Norway plus type deal that the EU would snap your hand off for. 

15 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Eh? Putting aside your remain option, Labour could easily sign up to a very soft Norway plus type deal that the EU would snap your hand off for. 

Actually i dont think EFTA is on offer anymore, if it ever was, Norway have made their objwctions clear. As you know i was an advocate but after listening to the reasons Norway gave, it was hard to disagree any deal would be right fot them or us.

Theres at least three issues with your cunning plan. First, corbyn would have to win a GE. Highly doubtful he can. Second, there simply isn't time, even with an A50 extension. And thirdly, Corbyn really wants a hard Brexit, not a Norway type solution.

I think there are only two ways forward. First the May WA followed by negotiation for an FTA. Problem is getting the WA through parliament and also this does mean a permanent backstop. The DUP are right to fear it, it will ultimately break the UK. Second is to Remain. Politically poisonous. Both terrible choices going forward, but tgats tge truth of it. Hence why i think ultimately tge least damaging thing May can do is give it back to the people as a referendum. 

10 hours ago, Renton said:

Actually i dont think EFTA is on offer anymore, if it ever was, Norway have made their objwctions clear. As you know i was an advocate but after listening to the reasons Norway gave, it was hard to disagree any deal would be right fot them or us.

Theres at least three issues with your cunning plan. First, corbyn would have to win a GE. Highly doubtful he can. Second, there simply isn't time, even with an A50 extension. And thirdly, Corbyn really wants a hard Brexit, not a Norway type solution.

I think there are only two ways forward. First the May WA followed by negotiation for an FTA. Problem is getting the WA through parliament and also this does mean a permanent backstop. The DUP are right to fear it, it will ultimately break the UK. Second is to Remain. Politically poisonous. Both terrible choices going forward, but tgats tge truth of it. Hence why i think ultimately tge least damaging thing May can do is give it back to the people as a referendum. 

I'm tempted to say the Tories would rather break up the union that back Remain. The former will take longer to happen meaning that stupid people have a chance of forgetting whose fault it is. Not so with Remain which could very literally see public fury push Corbyn into Number 10 with or without any effective manifesto or campaign on his part.

If he sticks to the illusion that he backs Brexit and the Tories deliver Remain, he'll pick up the Brexiters and all the usual left leaners. Which, actually, is a bit worrying. His mandate for change would be huge.