Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

May says that whatever the result of the vote tonight, she intends to push on with her deal as "it's the only option". :lol: What's the point in the vote then you fucking hideous witch?

What does that even mean though. She can't unilaterally make it happen.

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

May says that whatever the result of the vote tonight, she intends to push on with her deal as "it's the only option". :lol: What's the point in the vote then you fucking hideous witch?

err.. that’s what people have been saying about this whole palaver. Nice to see you agree with the result of a vote :razz:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

This could be special :lol: May presiding over the greatest government defeat in history would be enjoyable if nothing else.

And they’d still be six points ahead in the polls :lol:

Edited by Christmas Tree

1 minute ago, zerosum said:

err.. that’s what people have been saying about this whole palaver. Nice to see you agree with the result of a vote :razz:

Yeah except we have abided by the outcome of the previous vote - we've looked into Brexit, wasted fucking billions on it in fact, researched what the options are, and now can conclude that if we do it, we're fucked. And yet we're still on course.

Calls for a second referendum are in light of the fact that evidence now exists, demonstrating the extent of our fuckedness.

So a fair comparison would be if May lost, and then we subsequently discovered later that hers was the best option, and decided to go for it after all, once we were in possession of all the information. That might actually happen as well.

4 minutes ago, zerosum said:

And yet those same people are frustrating the process that delivers exactly what the people voted for.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

And they’d still be six points ahead in the polls :lol:

Who cares?

A general election wouldn't solve anything anyway. This is now about common sense defeating idiocy. Idiocy almost totally envelops the Tory party, and has a significant hold in Labour as well.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Who cares?

A general election wouldn't solve anything anyway. This is now about common sense defeating idiocy. Idiocy almost totally envelops the Tory party, and has a significant hold in Labour as well.

Of course it could. One party getting a decent majority could do what it wanted without all these silly political games.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah except we have abided by the outcome of the previous vote - we've looked into Brexit, wasted fucking billions on it in fact, researched what the options are, and now can conclude that if we do it, we're fucked. And yet we're still on course.

Calls for a second referendum are in light of the fact that evidence now exists, demonstrating the extent of our fuckedness.

So a fair comparison would be if May lost, and then we subsequently discovered later that hers was the best option, and decided to go for it after all, once we were in possession of all the information. That might actually happen as well.

Well if everyone decides we need a 2nd vote then i’m sure I’ll go with it, and respect the outcome. Just a shame we had to piss fart about like children for 2 years to get to that stage 

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Of course it could. One party getting a decent majority could do what it wanted without all these silly political games.

Ah sorry, my mistake - I meant solving things in a competent way.

There isn't a lot of evidence that the Tories would landslide a GE. And Labour would start falling apart if they got in and still tried to push Brexit. So, IMO, we'd be back where we started.

Just now, zerosum said:

Well if everyone decides we need a 2nd vote then i’m sure I’ll go with it, and respect the outcome. Just a shame we had to piss fart about like children for 2 years to get to that stage 

Yeah but we did need to, apparently. If nothing else, we either had to come out and say that actually, the people on the Leave campaign side were all lying about everything (which they broadly were) and the Tory party would have ultimately had to take ownership of that; or we had to explore it properly and inform ourselves so that it was clear that the democratic process had been observed.

As much as the former looks more like the rational option to me, the narrative behind it is impossible. You would have had the Tories needing to have the moral fortitude to hold their hands up and say they were comprised of liars and morons, which was never going to happen, and moreover, you would have had to effectively tell 50% of the British public that they had been successfully seduced by liars and morons. The only option was wasting billions demonstrating how bad an idea this is. Because people are irrational and hate being wrong.

1 minute ago, zerosum said:

Tell you what tho.  I might invest in a shit ton of hi-vis vests to knock out on ebay when this deal gets voted down hehe 

I'd be amazed if there is any manner of backlash to the scale of what we've seen in France :lol: We're British, we just accept what we're told. Give it a week and they'll be down to the diehards, probably less than a couple of thousand.

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

May's deal is going to be defeated by a record number. What difference would a majority of 60 make?

Just now, Rayvin said:

I'd be amazed if there is any manner of backlash to the scale of what we've seen in France :lol: We're British, we just accept what we're told. Give it a week and they'll be down to the diehards, probably less than a couple of thousand.

Thats usually the case, but as was proven in the brexit vote, there’s more public support for it than those in the big smoke realised. Could be taken by surprise.

And no, I’m seriously not investing in hi-vis vests!