Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Remainers, soft brexiteers and hard brexiteers will all have been popping the champagne last night. But one group is going to be disappointed. 

I don't believe the UK or the EU want or will allow a disorderly Brexit to happen. 

Listening to 5Live they were saying Rees Mogg was having a party last night with Champers :lol:

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Listening to 5Live they were saying Rees Mogg was having a party last night with Champers :lol:

Pre-planned publicity stunt I’d imagine. Where’s a suicide bomber when you need one? 

So all those that voted against her deal and all those that voted against her in the Tory confidence vote, will tonight vote that they have full confidence in her to continue this shitshow. The political class is a fucking joke.

BoJo? Gove? All the usual power hungry lunatics?

I see May's plan is to reach out across parliament while making no concessions on any of the main points of her deal. How is that even going to work?

I mean, she should be done. She is the most useless individual i have ever seen. Full stop. I've seen crack addicts with a better handle on their situation and reality than May has.

She really is the most loathsome human being.

Just fuck off Theresa. Hold your hands up, admit your plan was bullshit from the start, and fuck off.

Edited by Rayvin

i'm surprised JRM and the ERG lot, and the other 100+ MPs who voted against her in the tory vote of no confidence, don't see this as an opportunity to put someone like raab or jrm in charge to go against corbyn in a GE - surely their best chance of hard brexit. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

BoJo? Gove? All the usual power hungry lunatics?

I see May's plan is to reach out across parliament while making no concessions on any of the main points of her deal. How is that even going to work?

I mean, she should be done. She is the most useless individual i have ever seen. Full stop. I've seen crack addicts with a better handle on their situation and reality than May has.

She really is the most loathsome human being.

Just fuck off Theresa. Hold your hands up, admit your plan was bullshit from the start, and fuck off.

Not a fan then? 

The idiot oath Johnson will have just enough intelligence to avoid this. Gove is probably more astute and definitely out for the top job. But aye, it's a poisoned chalice now. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm surprised JRM and the ERG lot, and the other 100+ MPs who voted against her in the tory vote of no confidence, don't see this as an opportunity to put someone like raab or jrm in charge to go against corbyn - surely their best chance of hard brexit. 

It would be an act of high treason with the potential of destroying the party forever. These cunts have no cajones and prefer sniping from the sidelines. They want hard Brexit, for financial reasons as well as ideology, but they don't want to own it. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm surprised JRM and the ERG lot, and the other 100+ MPs who voted against her in the tory vote of no confidence, don't see this as an opportunity to put someone like raab or jrm in charge to go against corbyn - surely their best chance of hard brexit. 

I think they hope they can keep the chaos going so we crash out on the 29th with no deal.

I caught Mogg yesterday or the day before saying the people didn't vote for a deal of any kind, they voted to just leave which to be fair to the cunt is actually the most honest interpretation of the vote I've read - no nuance, just out.

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Will there be a soft Brexit now?

The only way an amended deal gets through Parliament is if she reaches out to remainers and tries to form a cross party consensus, so it’s possible. But EU also have to give an inch for this to happen, which they haven’t done so far.

20 minutes ago, NJS said:

I think they hope they can keep the chaos going so we crash out on the 29th with no deal.

I caught Mogg yesterday or the day before saying the people didn't vote for a deal of any kind, they voted to just leave which to be fair to the cunt is actually the most honest interpretation of the vote I've read - no nuance, just out.

Yes, that's true, but apply a bit of logic and fairness here. There are many ways of getting out the EU, from the softest {Norway) to the hardest (no Deal). JRM is always keen to say the former isn't really leaving, but he's wrong. Is Norway in the EU or not? It's clearly not therfore fulfils the mandate of the referendum. 

Now, given the closeness of the vote, including the fact 2/4 countries voted against, I think its unarguable that in fact a very soft Brexit should have been sought. Instead, May aimed for a very hard Brexit with her red lines. This was a betrayal of the vote and why we are in the mess we are now. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2010 at 13:47, Christmas Tree said:

I always like the UKIP leader Nigel fer.... when he's on question time. He does quite often talk a lot of sense its just a shame as you say he's in a no win party.

Just a reminder that @Christmas Tree  has been a closet racist for nigh on nine years now.

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Who would want to take over a minority government to deal with Brexit :lol:

That’s a bit like asking which politicians are more interested in power than public service. I would imagine a lot would do it but for all the wrong reasons. Still, none of this will come as a surprise to you eh, Nostradamus? 

A massive irritation to me is this "clean break" euphemism brexiteers have invented. You know, the type of shit @Christmas Tree  laps up. It will be anything but a clean break, it will be complete chaos where we will end up in a situation we have no leverage with the EU at all.

Just a reminder, the government's own estimates are that the NE will suffer a fall in GDP of 16% in the event of no deal. Worse even than NI as we are the only area with a surplus in trade in goods with the EU. 

This is simply catastrophic, akin to the 1930s. It'll be hard to come back from this. Don't expect help from Westminster as London will still be the priority. 

Edited by Renton

I agree with you but going back on my point that at least some interpretation of leaver intentions is necessary then I think freedom of movement is a huge factor - again it's a pisser but I do think May was "right" to emphasise that as I think it was broadly a "demand".

26 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

A friend of mine said 'What this country needs is a no deal brexit'

To show how fucking awful that reality would be? 

4 minutes ago, NJS said:

I agree with you but going back on my point that at least some interpretation of leaver intentions is necessary then I think freedom of movement is a huge factor - again it's a pisser but I do think May was "right" to emphasise that as I think it was broadly a "demand".

A victim to the fact that no one has ever tried to make a case for FOM

Shame you couldn’t have two countries, one for those wanting out without a deal and another full of people laughing at the other lot while they spend four hours queuing for a loaf of bread 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NJS said:

May is clearly a xenophobe and racist, that's why she wants to end FoM. 

If we assume the 48% weren't bothered about FoM, do you seriously think 96% of leavers were? Not even 4% voted leave for other reasons? Because if not, there was no mandate for stopping FoM either. 

1 hour ago, NJS said:

i don't see that happening. it's the result all sides fear, other than the eurosceptic tory loons, and a concerning number of the UK electorate if news voxpops taken from the likes of sutton coldfield are to be believed.

brussels doesn't want it and parliament won't allow it to happen. i suspect that if we're still deadlocked come march,  the EU will allow us to extend A50. that way we can continue talking about how we leave the EU for the next decade or two until we all die from brexit fatigue and finally move on and pretend it never happened. 

Edited by Dr Gloom