Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I can't believe that the EU haven't tailored rules to suit you specifically. If ever there was evidence that it's an evil, overreaching bureaucracy then this is it.

I know, it’s shocking isn’t it. But it’s not all about me :razz:

Just now, ewerk said:

So please be specific about what rules you aren't in favour of.

I’d rather not get specific to my business on a message board thanks, but you go ahead and keep trying to point the immigration finger at me :icon_lol:

• Like 1

Well you initially said that you had voted out in order to make yourself a few quid, then you're complaining that Europe wouldn't give us special status on immigration and now you're saying it's because of a specific rule that is damaging to your business but you refuse to give any indication as to what that rule is.

You're all over the shop tbh.

• Jaysus... 1

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

I've never heard any Brexiter able to name a law that they didn't like. Confidentiality is a new one like. I'm a bit skeptical. 

You wouldn't know his law, it goes to a different school.

ok, ones which are not totally specific.. but kind of piss me off and have made life difficult for me and others I know along the way  .. VAT rates to consider in various territories and the extra accounting costs that brings .. the GDPR and cookie laws .  I’ll think of more soon enough ..

11 minutes ago, zerosum said:

ok, ones which are not totally specific.. but kind of piss me off and have made life difficult for me and others I know along the way  .. VAT rates to consider in various territories and the extra accounting costs that brings .. the GDPR and cookie laws .  I’ll think of more soon enough ..

That’s great, I look forward to hearing of which laws you don’t like once you think of them.

You probably should have thought of them in 2016 before you made your informed choice.

18 minutes ago, zerosum said:

VAT rates? Without the EU we'd still have different VAT rates. Unless I'm missing something that's a blindingly stupid thing to complain about.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

if there is a second ref, what even goes on the ballot? presumably not may's deal as it's dead, ditto no deal. 

remain or remain? 

It should be on the ballot as it's the deal that our legitimate government has negotiated.

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Barry Gardiner doing his best to distance himself from a second referendum. Indicating that when they fail tonight that they may wait and try another vote of confidence down the line.

Good.

54 minutes ago, Renton said:

This is @Rayvin's fault. 

Yeah, some truth in this. I didnt vote for Corbyn because of anything to do with Brexit but I'm deeply disappointed with his handling of this, as i have expressed before.

And as much as me apologising on here is a meme at this point, im gonna hold my hands up for this. If i had known Corbyn was going to effectively support the single most damaging thing the country has embarked on in decades, i would have never voted for him. 

Labour's stance is pathetic. I was wrong.

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It should be on the ballot as it's the deal that our legitimate government has negotiated.

But it’s been rejected by parliament and we live in a parliamentary democracy - surely it’s off the cards?

remain v no deal unlikely to be legislated for either. No deal would destroy the economy.

And with May seemingly incapable or unwilling to ditch her red lines, what’s left? 

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

VAT rates? Without the EU we'd still have different VAT rates. Unless I'm missing something that's a blindingly stupid thing to complain about.

When you do business in the states (or other non EU territory) you fill out a foreign entity exemption form and then you can just get on with it, included revenue in your normal accounts .. If you do any business in Europe as a EU member, you have to complete a second VAT return called EC sales, on which you need to specify all the transactions with any other member countries. We have it all sorted now, but fuck me what a headache it was.. and it still increases our accountant bill.

Edited by zerosum

12 minutes ago, zerosum said:

When you do business in the states (or other non EU territory) you fill out a foreign entity exemption form and then you can just get on with it, included revenue in your normal accounts .. If you do any business in Europe as a EU member, you have to complete a second VAT return called EC sales, on which you need to specify all the transactions with any other member countries. We have it all sorted now, but fuck me what a headache it was.. and it still increases our accountant bill.

The EC sales list is a piece of piss to do. It also means that you don't have to pay VAT on purchases from EU countries therefore freeing up cash flow. It's a positive.

15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

But it’s been rejected by parliament and we live in a parliamentary democracy - surely it’s off the cards?

remain v no deal unlikely to be legislated for either. No deal would destroy the economy.

And with May seemingly incapable or unwilling to ditch her red lines, what’s left? 

And a refendum would supercede parliament's power. It will be on the ballot.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

The EC sales list is a piece of piss to do. It also means that you don't have to pay VAT on purchases from EU countries therefore freeing up cash flow. It's a positive.

I'm not arsed about paying VAT. You collect it from the sale and pass it to the Gov. That isn't the issue. Regarding the EC sales being a piece of piss, that all depends on how many transactions you need to account for in various places. But yeah, I guess you know how every business operates.