Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

If they’re customers you can retain their information as you have a business need. You can also email existing people on a mailing list to ask for their consent to stay on that list. Either he’s lying, assuming he exists, or you’re making shit up. I had to study the legislation and write the policy document  to ensure  my company was GDPR compliant

He did email them and a lot didn’t opt back in hence losing a third of his customer list. A lot of people just ignored those gdpr mails that everyone was sending - there were tons.

Edited by zerosum

3 minutes ago, zerosum said:

What now then ? No Corbyn thankfully but a spineless leader still at the helm.

At this point I'm literally stunned anyone can favour May over anyone. She's a fruit loop. 

Edited by Renton

8 minutes ago, zerosum said:

He did email them and a lot didn’t opt back in hence losing a third of his customer list. A lot of people just ignored those gdpr mails that everyone was sending - there were tons.

If you didn’t want to stay on a database you didn’t reply. So you stopped receiving emails you didn’t want. If they’d been recent customers their details could’ve been retained for a period of time. Essentially someone you knew had their mailing list cleansed and that’s a good reason to leave the EU. :lol::lol::lol: Fuck right off 

Edited by Alex

1 minute ago, Alex said:

If you didn’t want to stay on a database you didn’t reply. So you stopped receiving emails you didn’t want. If they’d been recent customers their details could’ve been retained for a period of time. Essentially someone you knew had their mailing list cleansed and that’s a good reason to leave the EU. :lol::lol::lol: Fuck right off 

Dear me. It was just an example of a stupid eu rule that’s pissed me off. Get a grip man.

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

At this point I'm literally stunned anyone can favour May over anyone. She's a fruit loop. 

And yet well ahead of Corbyn as the person the public would rather have as PM.

3 minutes ago, zerosum said:

Dear me. It was just an example of a stupid eu rule that’s pissed me off. Get a grip man.

Not allowing companies and organisations to keep personal data indefinitely is stupid? Right you are. :lol: 

Just now, Alex said:

Not allowing companies and organisations to keep personal data indefinitely is stupid? Right you are. :lol: 

People already had to abide by data protection laws, disclosure of information used in privacy policies, have the option to opt in or out of anything anyway.. It was a bit of a drastic change imo.

And none of it was fit for the current digital age.

GDPR was a pain in the arse but to hold up its implementation as a good reason to leave the EU is nonsense.

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

And yet well ahead of Corbyn as the person the public would rather have as PM.

Testament to the power of the media and the selfishness and stupidity of the electorate. I mean Corbyn sets an incredibly low bar but this tory shower of shit are way below it. Glad he's trying to get no deal off the agenda like. 

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

And none of it was fit for the current digital age.

GDPR was a pain in the arse but to hold up its implementation as a good reason to leave the EU is nonsense.

Nah, there were loads of other reasons, especially ones that pertained specifically to him and his business. He just couldn’t actually give an example of any of them when pressed for an answer

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

Testament to the power of the media and the selfishness and stupidity of the electorate. I mean Corbyn sets an incredibly low bar but this tory shower of shit are way below it. Glad he's trying to get no deal off the agenda like. 

Tbh I think his refusal to speak to May looks bad on him.

And how do you take no deal off the table?

I said it’s one of a lot of reasons I took a dislike to the EU. There’s more to it than that, but as I’m fighting a losing battle I’ll leave it on this topic. 

.. anyway.. since GDPR implementation - i still get as many junk calls to business and personal phone (if not more), still get just as much spam, still get bombarded with emails when I register for anything..  as far as I can see the only change is I’ve now got to click on fucking pop ups at every website I visit :icon_lol:

But, again, if we end up staying in the EU so be it. No sour grapes from me. Just want it all done, whichever way it goes. Good luck.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Tbh I think his refusal to speak to May looks bad on him.

And how do you take no deal off the table?

They're all a bunch of kids tbh, pathetic. But business are crying out for no deal to be taken off the agenda (except Zerosum's) . How do you do it? Well May could just say it's no longer an option and watch the pound soar. Put the other choices to referendum (remain or her deal). Yeah it's not going to happen I know. 

Edited by Renton

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

They're all a bunch of kids tbh, pathetic. But business are crying out for no deal to be taken off the agenda (except Zerosum's) . How do you do it? Well May could just say it's no longer an option and watch the pound soar. Put the other choices to referendum (remain or her deal). Yeah it's not going to happen I know. 

It’s pretty much saying to the EU that we know we’ll have to accept whatever you offer us.

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It’s pretty much saying to the EU that we know we’ll have to accept whatever you offer us.

They know that already. Have from the start. Her shitty deal is as good as it gets with those red lines. 

Or look at it another way. If we leave with no deal what happens? We will be desperate with no leverage whatsoever. The EU will only agree to side deals which suit them and which they can unilaterally end whenever they want. They will have a huge asymmetric advantage over us. Why are we stockpiling? What happens when the stocks run out? 

May's already checkmated. 

Edited by Renton