Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Alex said:

That’s the problem with a people’s vote though, too many thick cunts lapping up the shit spoon fed to them by the likes of The Sun and The Daily Mail. It’s also a major issue with Corbyn, his refusal to play the game once again allows the lie to be believed by too many. Don’t get me wrong, people buying it after everything that’s happened are beneath my contempt but there are a scary amount of them out there 

Some of the people I work with, (blancmange for brains) will never vote labour with corbyn as he's a terrorist sympathiser and they're leave voters, (or didn't vote but if had've it would've been leave because immigration). One likes Trump as well. Thick. As. Fuck.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Some of the people I work with, (blancmange for brains) will never vote labour with corbyn as he's a terrorist sympathiser and they're leave voters, (or didn't vote but if had've it would've been leave because immigration). One likes Trump as well. Thick. As. Fuck.

which is why referendums are always a terrible idea. people are stupid - don't ask them to make important decisions. 

• Like 1

The Guardian's overall narrative at the moment seems to be that we have to accept we're leaving and try to tweak the deal. Interesting position tbh, I would've thought it was all to fight for.

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i still think we're heading for a GE

How? The smaller parties aren't going to vote for it, they confirmed as much today. Labour can't make it happen on its own.

Unless you think May will table one.

Edited by Rayvin

26 minutes ago, NJS said:

I glanced at some fuckers Express on the train this morning and they had a current remain/leave poll as 53/47.

Forty fucking seven. 

Yougov have it 56/44 in favour of remain. Either way it's hard to deny that the will of the people in 2016 is not the will of the people now.

• Like 1

@Rayvin

Parliament is deadlocked, she isn’t prepared to negotiate or extend article 50, and the EU will only allow an extension in exceptional circumstances anyway. She won’t resign or contemplate compromise to forge a cross party consensus. The clock is ticking.

Labour are certain to call another confidence vote at some point. Her majority was meagre last night. If she starts to hint at softer Brexit, she will split her own party. She doesn’t have a solution for the back stop so the DUP, which helped her scrape through this time, could side with Corbyn. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

@Rayvin

Parliament is deadlocked, she isn’t prepared to negotiate or extend article 50, and the EU will only allow an extension in exceptional circumstances anyway. She won’t resign or contemplate compromise to forge a cross party consensus. The clock is ticking.

Labour are certain to call another confidence vote at some point. Her majority was meagre last night. If she starts to hint at softer Brexit, she will split her own party. She doesn’t have a solution for the back stop so the DUP, which helped her scrape through this time, could side with Corbyn. 

Yeah but as I said, the Lib Dems have ruled out backing him on another No Confidence motion, so he'd need to carry another 10 or so Tories over as well. And I have a feeling the SNP may well say the same thing.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah but as I said, the Lib Dems have ruled out backing him on another No Confidence motion, so he'd need to carry another 10 or so Tories over as well. And I have a feeling the SNP may well say the same thing.

it looks like she still thinks her red lines are non-negotiable, despite her claim she will reach out across the house to form consensus. the only way she gets a deal through parliament is softening it, which will anger the eurosceptics in her own party. things are moving all the time, so don't be surprised if they all turn on her. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

it can be taken off the table - the basis for starting negotiations should be, that in the event that a deal can't get through parliament, the UK extends A50 to avoid a disorderly exit. This, of course, means calling a GE, or legislating for a PV, as that is the only way the EU will give us more time. i genuinely don't think they will let us crash out on march 29, but I suppose there is a remote chance they could, so it isn't water tight from a legal perspective.   

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

There is no legal basis for preventing no deal so why make it a prerequisite for talks? He's a thick fool.

His position is mirrored by the LDs and SNP. So whether a fool or not, he has company.