Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

An interesting alternative take

Only a rupture with the EU will alter the failed status quo
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/17/rupture-eu-brexit-reform?CMP=share_btn_tw

@rayvin - would the disruption to the neoliberal status quo be the one straw to clutch at if we end up with a hard brexit? 

I'm over it, i just want to remain. Neoliberalism isnt hurting me anyway.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I think anyone thinking shit can only get better wants to have a quick perusal of the history of the twentieth century. The Guardian can, quite frankly, fuck off. Most of its output does the left more harm than good 

Ive probably bored people to death on here before by saying the UK is basically the Balkans without access to Kalashnikovs :cuppa: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Hey, no good bleating now. A deal was on the table, Corbyn plays games and here we are. Nice to see him rightly condemned from all party’s, including his own.

On 13/06/2018 at 06:10, Christmas Tree said:

Those wonderful remoaners are trying to implement a position where Parliament takes over the process if a deal is not reached by a certain date. All the EU now has to do is refuse to negotiate, wait til the last minute and get us to accept whatever scraps they want.

As I said, Zombie Brexit. Well played remoaners.

As I said 

48 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Hey, no good bleating now. A deal was on the table, Corbyn plays games and here we are. Nice to see him rightly condemned from all party’s, including his own.

Yes, it’s all the fault of the politician you voted for. I hope you’re proud of yourself 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

The fucking cheer walking away from negotiations with no deal just got on QT. This is why a PV is dangerous. The morons voting can’t be trusted 

QT was in gammon land today wasnt it? Derby? Not everywhere would be like that. Theres no way PV will have no deal on it. It means a hard border in Ireland and breaking the GFA, an international treaty. Not to mention a teeny economic downturn.  I thought you agreed with this? Let the gammons cheer, they'll be sizzling soon enough.

Worth mentioning,  sure it already has been, but around now we are at the point where even if every gammon was too stubborn to change their vote, the demographics have changed enough to mean remain win (old are dead, young can vote). Latest yougov poll yesterday showed Remain commanding a 12 point lead, highest since the referendum. The tide is turning. Although I fear an accidental crash as well. 

12 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

which is why referendums are always a terrible idea. people are stupid - don't ask them to make important decisions. 

Correct.  Very well paid MP's unwilling to do the job they are paid for.  Referenda are for weak politicians unwilling to make decisions, in case they lose their job.