Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Comes to something when the only place you get the attention you crave is somewhere where practically everyone thinks you’re a tedious, fat moronic cunt 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Corbyn :lol: Can’t even remember when to sit down.

yeah, but what does he look like eating a bacon sandwich? 

sorry, forgot, he's a vegetarian. let's send him a greggs vegan sausage roll

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

yeah, but what does he look like eating a bacon sandwich? 

sorry, forgot, he's a vegetarian. let's send him a greggs vegan sausage roll

I wonder if he can dance

I have never found it so easy to dismiss everything CT is saying as desperate attempts to wind people up.

And it really is desperate this time.

Anyway, gloom made a point earlier about no deal and the backing it would get. I think at this point people might still be fairly poorly informed on what it might entail. A campaign pre referendum would give us an opportunity to 'project fear' the issue.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I have never found it so easy to dismiss everything CT is saying as desperate attempts to wind people up.

And it really is desperate this time.

Anyway, gloom made a point earlier about no deal and the backing it would get. I think at this point people might still be fairly poorly informed on what it might entail. A campaign pre referendum would give us an opportunity to 'project fear' the issue.

Unfortunately, CT is a typical leaver. He's impervious to facts about what a no deal Brexit will entail. Boris, Fox, JRM etc have told him it will be okay and he's happy to accept that with a tug of his forelock. He doesn't understand or want details provided by experts. Any bothersome facts are dismissed as "project fear". 

These gammon are a lost cause. If there is a PV I do think remain will win by about an 8% margin but not by targeting the CT's of this world. Rather by immobilising the young and disaffected who didn't vote last time. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

Unfortunately, CT is a typical leaver.

Let's take a quick look at his highlights reel.

On 6/24/2016 at 18:50, Christmas Tree said:

I think there's a difference of tone between EU officials and sovereign countries. EU officials are willy waving where as officials from Germany / Poland are talking about new treaty's, EU reform and giving us association status.

Honestly, I'm fairly certain that our relationship with Europe over the coming weeks will get stronger and stronger leading to a deal within 12 months.

On 10/3/2017 at 22:37, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: you patronising twat.

We will most likely end up in a new EU associate agreement. These have been used many times already with various countries on various terms. They are pretty straightforward to set up (compared to a free trade deal) and have already been discussed on both sides of channel.

Ireland will more than likely end up with some sort of special status.

Once the money is agreed this will all fall into place very quickly. In fact I predict that buy Jan / Feb next year the negotiation atmosphere will have totally changed for the better.

uncertainty will subside, the economy will boom and you’ll wonder why we didn’t do this years ago.

On 5/22/2017 at 14:38, Christmas Tree said:

No, I think the Tories WOULD get a very good deal.

On 10/4/2016 at 12:14, Christmas Tree said:

Of course this is where you start. Both sides setting out immovable positions.

There will be some compromises and a deal will be done.

Even at the worst case scenario we are talking about very low tarrifs on the majority of goods.

I honestly believe common sense will prevail from the Germans and French.

Let's not also forget the general travel of opinion on free movement. A lot more could change given forthcoming elections in Germany and France.

On 10/4/2016 at 11:57, Christmas Tree said:

Hi eu, were Britain, fancy trading with each other. Oui, job done.

If they want to act like a jilted girlfriend, tough.

As I've said all along, we will get a free trade deal. We are there biggest customer and it will be madness for them to jeopardise their own jobs.

Mays got this.

And of course:

On 9/22/2016 at 11:03, Christmas Tree said:

I still think we'll pull off a cracking deal.

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Once the money is agreed this will all fall into place very quickly. In fact I predict that buy Jan / Feb next year the negotiation atmosphere will have totally changed for the better.

CT said this on 3/10/17 :lol:

Nostradamus is indeed among us :D 

He’ll have read all these predictions when he was trawling through his posts looking for something vaguely like an accurate prediction as well. Seemingly oblivious to the idea anyone else could do the same in order to find the dozens of occasions when he’s been what Alan Oliver used to refer to as ‘wide of the mark’ :lol: 

An EU diplomat on the state of the country:

“I was in Brussels last week and no one can understand what has happened to Britain,” said one. “It’s a country looked up to and respected for its ability to find a compromise, to be the one in the meeting with a calm analysis and a gift for finding solutions to problems. It is the country to which people turn for answers.

“But this no longer seems to be about details, the length of the backstop drafts or texts, but about ideology. It is very deep, passionate and irrational.”

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

“I was in Brussels last week and no one can understand what has happened to Britain,” said one. “It’s a country looked up to and respected for its ability to find a compromise, to be the one in the meeting with a calm analysis and a gift for finding solutions to problems. It is the country to which people turn for answers.

“But this no longer seems to be about details, the length of the backstop drafts or texts, but about ideology. It is very deep, passionate and irrational.”

This is what I don't get and it's fascinating. Why has it happened? I think in this country you have a fairly dichotomous divide between being well educated and poorly educated. This is more extreme, favouring the poorly educated, in older age groups. As long as the educated ran the country (civil service), we were okay. 

But giving the referendum has unleashed us into a world of complete irrationality, made worse with social media. Cameron's actions have basically broken us and let the stream resentment out. Gammons are howling at the moon but Pandora's box can't easily be closed. It'll be a fascinating case study for sociologists and political historians one day.

Edited by Renton

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

This is what I don't get and it's fascinating. Why has it happened? I think in this country you have a fairly dichotomous divide between being well educated and poorly educated. This is more extreme, favouring the poorly educated, in older age groups. As long as the educated ran the country (civil service), we were okay. 

But giving the referendum has unleashed us into a world of complete irrationality, made worse with social media. Cameron actions have basically broken us and let the resentment out. Gammons are howling out the moon but Pandora's box can't be closed. It'll be a fascinating case study for sociologists and political historians one day. 

What a time to be alive 

27 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Where’s this from? I have a morbid interest in reading articles from foreign publications to see what the rest of the world makes of this debacle. There was a good piece in the New Yorker the other day. It’s true our reputation for calm and rational diplomacy on the global stage is in tatters. We are a basket case all of a sudden and the they’re laughing or scratching their heads at what we’ve become. 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Where’s this from? I have a morbid interest in reading articles from foreign publications to see what the rest of the world makes of this debacle. There was a good piece in the New Yorker the other day. It’s true our reputation for calm and rational diplomacy on the global stage is in tatters. We are a basket case all of a sudden and the they’re laughing or scratching their heads at what we’ve become. 

I bet we are but seems a bit rich coming from an American publication.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Meanwhile, I see Johnson is flat-out lying about what he said about Turkey prior to the referendum and assuming that no one of note will pull him up on it. The Bannon playbook in full effect...

EDIT: Ah, now I see the tweet Renton posted. Ah well, it bears saying twice. :D 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Renton said:

I bet we are but seems a bit rich coming from an American publication.......

Tbf, our omnishambles Brexit hasn’t held our commentators back from ridiculing Trump

• Like 1

Class, now Liam Fox is blaming other countries for not signing alternative trade deals with us. 

So, its confirmed that we will have No deals outside the EU after the 29th March. A reminder of what this incompetent lying cunt said:

Liam Fox promises to sign 40 free trade deals the 'second after' Brexit

https://amp.uk.businessinsider.com/liam-fox-promises-to-sign-40-free-trade-deals-the-second-after-brexit-2017-10

2 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Meanwhile, I see Johnson is flat-out lying about what he said about Turkey prior to the referendum and assuming that no one of note will pull him up on it. The Bannon playbook in full effect...

EDIT: Ah, now I see the tweet Renton posted. Ah well, it bears saying twice. :D 

The sad thing is that it does still work quite well with the electorate. The imbecility shown by some people on Qt last night was shocking. Especially the one man still saying that your PM should just walk away from a deal because Angie Merkel would be straight on the phone because of the need to sell cars to the UK.

Of course does our industry want to continue polluting your countryside and towns with our diesel cars. We do need to wreck other environments too though. And if British drivers are happy to get along without German cars there are probably enough horses and carriages left to circumvent traffic jams in Kent by just relying on home made products...