Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

For my part I’m exposed to all aspects of British opinion from people on benefits to company directors. I understand the arguments for remain and Brexit.

Im not sure what you’re exposure is. I don’t know if you’re an ex-pat or a German toon fan.

But simply disregarding the majority view of the U.K. electorate as @Renton frequently does, sort of gives you a view to why we are where we are. 

Brexit May well bring problems but as always, we would work around them. The EU would quite quickly agree to a deal and life would go on.

Im pretty sure if social media and Corbyn were around in 1939 then we’d all be Germans now.

You are doing well in adapting policies of 1939.

Coming back to yesterday’s QT it was telling that the predominant opinion was that everything was up for negotiation but free movement.

In the end it comes down to just not want more foreigners. So the core of Brexit is pure xenophobia.

• Like 2

Saw a recent Yougov poll which puts Labour supporters at 82% in favour of Remain. CT on the money again and definitely not just making shit up then 

45 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Using "Islington" as an insult is pretty much 20 years out of date too :lol:

Like Confucius said, Man who wear jeans with elasticated waistband not on trend 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Renton said:

1. It was heavily impliedin your post. Why bring it up then? To deflect from the fact that the tories are the only party with a chance of election to have offered it. 

2. No poll has shown that, you're being manipulated by the media. What a fucking surprise. Ashcroft is the most widely accepted poll at the time of the referendum, labour voted 2 to 1 remain. It's even higher now. https://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/

3. Yes, I would. But its not an option any more. Why? Because the tories have pissed off EFTA too much and the stupid twats have ran out of time. So now its no deal or remain. 

:lol: So let’s get this right, in working class areas like Sunderland up and down the country, where Labour and Libs have over 70% of the vote, it was the Tories what won it :lol:

Have a word with yourself, the Labour metropolitan areas like London and labour middle class voted remain, the labour working class voted out.

Everyone knows JC’s problems with a pro remain membership and a pro leave working class electorate.

:lol: So let’s get this right, in working class areas like Sunderland up and down the country, where Labour and Libs have over 70% of the vote, it was the Tories what won it :lol:

Have a word with yourself, the Labour metropolitan areas like London and labour middle class voted remain, the labour working class voted out.

Everyone knows JC’s problems with a pro remain membership and a pro leave working class electorate.

:lol:

You are such an idiot. You live on the outskirts of Sunderland and assume everywhere else is like it. Sunderland is famous for being the most backward racist city in the UK, it's why there are always right wing rallies there and why it was a BNP stronghold until the 90s. An example:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2003/apr/20/uk.localgovernment

Whenever I've had the misfortune to go there you can sense the right wing in the air, it's fucking horrible. Remember Darren Bent's mother? 

The irony of course is there are hardly any immigrants living there, they know better. Doesn't stop the average mackem being an embittered racist arsehole though. 

The polls show the Labour PLP, membership, and electorate are overwhelmingly Remain. The problem is the leader is eurosceptic coward. 

If I may make a suggestion, you would probably be better off amongst your own kind on the SMB. Waddle on now. :D

Edited by Renton
  • Thanks 1

Gonna add as well that the leave vote in areas lik Sunderland was heavily buoyed by non voters.

Also, the GE preceding the referendum, UKIP had 4 million votes. And it was the Tories who were so concerned about this that they had a referendum, not Labour.

There are some working class right wingers who voted Leave such as yourself CT, but those people by and large werent voting Labour. I know some working class left wingers who did voted out, but they're generally at what you would consider to be the 'far' end of left wing politics.

Edited by Rayvin

The idea CT has an in-depth discussion about Brexit with each of his customers is a bit far fetched but not as fantastic as his claim he’s exposed to all elements of British society whilst driving people home from Boldon Asda. 

Edited by Alex

Has anybody watched 3 blokes in a pub on YouTube? Well worth a watch. One of them has made one dispelling the myths of a "WTO deal". I'm kind  of aware already about what he says, but hearing it in totality is kind of alarming. Worth 30 minutes of your time imo.

• Like 1

On 19/01/2019 at 11:31, Renton said:

You are such an idiot. You live on the outskirts of Sunderland and assume everywhere else is like it. Sunderland is famous for being the most backward racist city in the UK, it's why there are always right wing rallies there and why it was a BNP stronghold until the 90s. An example:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2003/apr/20/uk.localgovernment

Whenever I've had the misfortune to go there you can sense the right wing in the air, it's fucking horrible. Remember Darren Bent's mother? 

The irony of course is there are hardly any immigrants living there, they know better. Doesn't stop the average mackem being an embittered racist arsehole though. 

The polls show the Labour PLP, membership, and electorate are overwhelmingly Remain. The problem is the leader is eurosceptic coward. 

If I may make a suggestion, you would probably be better off amongst your own kind on the SMB. Waddle on now. :D

:lol::lol: 

61% of Labour constituencies voted to leave. What don’t you understand :lol: 

35 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The longer we leave it, the more leavers die off. Maybe we should go for an extension and just fuck around for another 2 years like the Tories have been doing anyway.

'Happy Birthday Mr Smith, 98 is quite the age...still thinking of voting leave eh? Best put that 2nd referendum back another few weeks....'

:lol::lol: 

61% of Labour constituencies voted to leave. What don’t you understand :lol: 

You do realise that just because a constituency is Labour, does not mean everybody voted Labour? In fact, if you take the electorate as a whole, it's very rare for a majority to vote for any particular party. Many vote for other parties such as conservatives, LD or UKip, or most of all, don't vote at all. 

Thick. 

As. 

Pigshit.

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 1