Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, Renton said:

It really does look like we are heading for no deal now. May is demanding that the EU remove the backstop, despite saying recently that any deal must have a backstop, and already agreeing to said backstop some 14 months ago. The EU are rightfully going to tell her to fuck herself, and it will be no deal. Worse, probably an acrimonious no deal. Of course, May will have her scapegoat, lapped up the CT's of this world. 

Great. 

It's an absolute joke. The big talk today is whether parliament will pass an amendment asking May to go back to Europe to get something they absolutely will not give. And of course it'll be lapped up by the Brexiteers and the EU will of course be painted as being as unreasonable by sticking by something Theresa May herself created.

This fucking country. Why not have another referendum? The argument seems to be that there's no great desire for it from the public, well there was no great desire for the first one either but we still had it. Surely it's the only way Theresa May can save her party?

Sadly I just can't see a good ending now. Every day, the level of politics just gets lower and the rhetoric worse. I'm almost at the stage where I think fuck it, let's crash and see what happens. This lot are beyond redemption. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Sadly I just can't see a good ending now. Every day, the level of politics just gets lower and the rhetoric worse. I'm almost at the stage where I think fuck it, let's crash and see what happens. This lot are beyond redemption. 

This is where I am... just one caveat....Boris becomes PM, and all main offices of state are stuffed with Jacob Rees Mogg, Liam Fox, David Davis etc etc...Farage gets a peerage so he can sit in cabinet too... let's see them properly own this shit...

so may is whipping her own MPs to vote against something she spent the past couple of years negotiating, something which she desperately tried to sell to them, insisting it was the best and only deal in town and which the europeans say isn't up for negotiation. 

you really couldn't write this, an impossibly staggering reverse ferret, beyond even anything you'd see on the thick of it. 

2 hours ago, Sonatine said:

Looks a bit young to have fought in the war....:rolleyes:

His assessment of the situation is spot on like ;)

Edited by Alex

I still can't believe that they'll take us out with no deal, but it's becoming increasingly difficult to see how we avoid it. This parliament is a total fucking shitshow. 

So what now? She goes back to Brussels and comes back with no change. It gets voted down, and what then. We just drift out with no deal? 

I hope David Cameron has a heart attack for breakfast tomorrow. 

How do we avoid no deal though? Parliament has said they don’t want it but there’s no way to avoid it other an extension of Article 50 and that won’t be granted without a clear way out of this mess.