Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

She's blaming Bercow in her letter to "Donald" ffs. I genuinely hope they tell us to get fucked now. We shouldn't be allowed to sully the EU for any longer. An international embarrassment of a country. 

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Sounds like she’s threatened to resign if there’s an extension beyond 30th June.

She's a busted flush anyway. The only defence I can come up for her is that she's so fucking spun around by all the conflicting views that she can no longer think straight. What the fuck else can be guiding this pathetic attempt at leadership and this abject decision making. 

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Or resignation or referendum 

No, if any of the EU27 veto an extension, revoke or no deal is all that's left. That's why I posed the question earlier, it looks to me that's where we are headed. I think parliament would go no deal just yo appease the gammons. The country is fucked. 

Edited by Renton

they have said they will extend in exceptional circumstances though, and parliament failing to agree a deal doesn't hit that criteria. surely a snap election or a PV would change things? 

Edited by Dr Gloom

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'm not sure that a GE sorts anything. A PV would do.

a GE means a new leader with a mandate for some kind of exit. there's no consensus for anything right now and she refuses to seek cross-party solution. if she resigns or loses a vote of no confidence, an election is inevitable. she has said she won't revoke A50 and she won't want to go down in history as the PM who took us out of with no deal - will she? 

Edited by Dr Gloom

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

a GE means a new leader with a mandate for some kind of exit. there's no consensus for anything right now and she refuses to seek cross-party solution. if she resigns or loses a vote of no confidence, an election is inevitable. she has said she won't revoke A50 and she won't want to go down in history as the PM who took us out of with no deal - will she? 

A GE does not guarantee a majority, certainly not on current polling. Theresa May also doesn't want to lead the Tories into the next election so they'd need a new leader. So you're talking about a six month process that could well see us with the same problem.

Just now, NJS said:

Read that electoral commission reckons 5 months to organise another ref - seems excessive to me but might explain the time games. 

I think five months is probably the standard time but given the importance and time pressures of a PV then it could be done much more quickly.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

A GE does not guarantee a majority, certainly not on current polling. Theresa May also doesn't want to lead the Tories into the next election so they'd need a new leader. So you're talking about a six month process that could well see us with the same problem.

the EU will extend A50 in these circumstances though

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Aye, what's your point? Who held the referendum? Who triggered A50. Who had a GE where they lost control of parliament? Who drew extreme red li es that boxed them into a corner? Who negotiated a deal with the EU, including a backstop of their design? Who couldn't get their own party to vote for this deal?

Corbyn has some culpability as being the most useless opposition ever, but your lot carry the can. 

:lol: Don’t shoot the messenger.

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I wouldn't guarantee it. Not while both major parties are promising unicorns.

i wouldn't guarantee a PV achieves the result we want either. 

I accept a number of leavers will have seen sense given the options exposed but there'll still be a shit load who didn't and dont care what the actual terms are. 

Relying on the death/new voter thing is a bit blasé too.