Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The BBC are being reported to have livestreamed his full speech yesterday. Having not broadcast any of the speeches for the Remain March last week. 

Indeed? That's a rather fascinating development given he was outside their offices a little while ago demanding them be torn down.

I can't say I understand what the BBC are doing then. Well, unless they're agreeing with my view - although I would add that such views should only be aired if they are challenged.

Edited by Rayvin

42 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

This needs to be dealt with, not ignored. All we are doing is surrendering the narrative.

How do you deal with a woman who didn’t even know we were in the EU yet now is he’ll bent on us leaving it? Education doesn’t work with that sort of person.

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

How do you deal with a woman who didn’t even know we were in the EU yet now is he’ll bent on us leaving it? Education doesn’t work with that sort of person.

Why not? I mean I agree she's phenomenally stupid, but why can't she be informed?

Edited by Rayvin

Just now, Rayvin said:

Then you seem to agree with me. These people need to be engaged with and talked to. Understood. Enfranchised.

They have the views they do because we haven't bothered and the vacuum was filled by the far right. We need to engage it and its too late to put the ideas away. They're out there.

I agree that the populace need educating. I disagree that we give them a national platform for their extreme views.

21 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Why not? I mean I agree she's phenomenally stupid, but why can't she be informed?

I think you’ve answered your own question there.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

She doesn’t want to be informed. None of them do, they just want their prejudices validated which the Leave vote, in their mind, did. The fact it isn’t going through has short circuited their mind.

42 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

She doesn’t want to be informed. None of them do, they just want their prejudices validated which the Leave vote, in their mind, did. The fact it isn’t going through has short circuited their mind.

Ok so we're all agreed then. Given their numbers are rising, we're going to have to have a purge. I mean it's the only other option short of giving up.

Engage with them, purge them, or lose.

6 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Are their numbers going up? Or are they just more vocal? The purge will just be when they all die in the next 15 years.

Worldwide phenomenon. I mean they're suddenly winning on all fronts, so idk, numbers must surely be rising.

Edited by Rayvin

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

He spoke at the Leave Means Leave stage in parliament square yesterday to thousands. Quite a prominent platform. He’s featured prominently on newsnight among other mainstream TV shows and newspapers 

No he didn’t. Nothing to do with them. He spoke at the UKIP (which is now just BNP).

52 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Good thread, regrettably 

That’s sort of what I’ve been getting at when criticising the BBC’s notion of balance only they’re worse than I’ve given them credit for. I.e. actually allowing the wrongdoers a greater platform in this instance 

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Because she was informed we were in the EU and immediately assumed they were responsible for children being raped

45 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

The thick racist lot have always been there and always will. They’ll never take hold in this country though as they are doing in Europe. It’s just not British.

I’m glad we’re not racist like those foreign cunts 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

The thick racist lot have always been there and always will. They’ll never take hold in this country though as they are doing in Europe. It’s just not British.

You are so full of shit with your British exceptionalism. You seem to genuinely believe we are fundamentally morally superior to the Germans. You are living proof we're not. Naive and gullible, you are constantly led by the nose by an upper class who despise you. Doff your cap and tug your forelock. 

For the record, I don't believe you are racist or that had any reason for your decision in the referendum. But if you lived in 1930s Germany, you would have been one of the first to be taken in by Hitler's nationalist rhetoric. But you wouldn't know it. Not acknowledging the real dangers Brexit has caused for our society with a smug claim of "we're not like them" just proves it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

Good thread, regrettably 

This. The BBC has failed dismally for a decade now. I'd really like them to be taken to task on this issue in particular, but who's going to do it? It's scandalous this issue has been relegated to twitter threads. 

55 minutes ago, Renton said:

You are so full of shit with your British exceptionalism. You seem to genuinely believe we are fundamentally morally superior to the Germans. You are living proof we're not. Naive and gullible, you are constantly led by the nose by an upper class who despise you. Doff your cap and tug your forelock. 

For the record, I don't believe you are racist or that had any reason for your decision in the referendum. But if you lived in 1930s Germany, you would have been one of the first to be taken in by Hitler's nationalist rhetoric. But you wouldn't know it. Not acknowledging the real dangers Brexit has caused for our society with a smug claim of "we're not like them" just proves it. 

Just angry or angry and pissed?

Do you ever read any of the bile you post over and over again? You have zero tolerance for anyone who doesn’t think like you.

You try to pigeon hole 17.4 million people into the various sneering attributes that makes you feel better about yourself. You really do come across as an awful person.

You are extremely neurotic and seem to have so little self awareness of just how vile you come across.

Even now you have allowed yourself to build a few far right attention seekers into some new clear and present danger to society. I told you over a year ago that if Brexit didn’t happen then the vast majority of leavers would shrug and get on with their lives.

The Tommy Robinson’s of this world will quickly go back to their sad edl lives.

You really should get a hobby and stop posting so much hatred.

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Do you ever read any of the bile you post over and over again? You have zero tolerance for anyone who doesn’t think like you.

You try to pigeon hole 17.4 million people into the various sneering attributes that makes you feel better about yourself. You really do come across as an awful person.

You are extremely neurotic and seem to have so little self awareness of just how vile you come across.

Even now you have allowed yourself to build a few far right attention seekers into some new clear and present danger to society. I told you over a year ago that if Brexit didn’t happen then the vast majority of leavers would shrug and get on with their lives.

Tommy Robinson and his ilk aren't here just because of Brexit. They're here as part of a wider and pervasive cultural war which is starting to infect all Western democracies. There is a serious danger CT.

He made it abundantly clear he was only describing you though, CT. I mean, he really couldn’t have been clearer on that. You’re either that stupid, you didn’t comprehend something that basic or you’re stupid enough to think you’re hoodwinking people into believing your version of Renton’s post. 

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Tommy Robinson and his ilk aren't here just because of Brexit. They're here as part of a wider and pervasive cultural war which is starting to infect all Western democracies. There is a serious danger CT.

You’re right, they’re part of the cause of Brexit, not the other way round. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Posting hatred? Go on, show me where in that post, my little gammonflake. :lol:

I've clearly hit a nerve. I must admit though, I do love it when I get on your unfeasibly large saturated-fat-induced man tits. Fuming. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

No he didn’t. Nothing to do with them. He spoke at the UKIP (which is now just BNP).

Sorry, I get my nationalist nobheads confused from time to time