Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

In particular, we lack leaders. May and Corbyn aren't leaders. 

You have people like Bridget, working class lass who made it to Oxford, who is clearly academically bright. But she goes straight into a safe seat in Sunderland with very little real life experience. I'm not sure that is a good background for leadership. It's a similar story for most MPs, including Corbyn and May. The MPs nowadays who I tend to have most time for are the ones from professions, particularly law. There's still no sign of a great leader though. 

Contrast this with the life experience of someone like Tusk or Merkel, who have come through true adversity and have first hand knowledge of the other side. They are much stronger leaders. Then of course we have the problem with FPtP..... 

Indeed. It's hard to argue that Blair and, to a lesser extent Brown, weren't the last of their kind in terms of true British statesmen.

I dunno if it makes much difference really. Some people are born leaders, others aren't. The real life experience thing is normally used to promote the idea that people with pre-parliament careers can relate to ordinary people but looking at the careers most MPs have had in 'real life' I don't think they've had too many dealings with the man in the street.

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Blyth's Ronnie Campbell up asking a question earlier. That is one stupid human being. 

He was asking about the availability of a drug to help a seven year old with cystic fibrosis, you cruel bastard.

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He was asking about the availability of a drug to help a seven year old with cystic fibrosis, you cruel bastard.

Aye and he could barely get the sentence out and pronounced NICE like it was the place in France. 

Gemmill really is despicable. 

So, we will soon know our immediate fate. I personally won't be massively surprised if one of the EU27 overturns the apple cart considering how bad May is at doing these presentions. But if we get a near 1 year extension, that would put the referendum nearly 4 years ago. Really hard to say the results is legitimate after that time frame (as well as all the other things wrong with it). I am certain Remain would comfortably win a suitably framed repeat referendum. 

23 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I cannot afford to get into a pun-off with you. :lol:

Would you say you'd rue it, or are you just Lyon? Personally I'd get bored-eaux after the first two or three puns, especially the unbel-Lille-ably bad ones.

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Blyth's Ronnie Campbell up asking a question earlier. That is one stupid human being. 

I fucking hate that cunt 

Lexiters are honestly worse than Tory Brexiters. I don’t believe that anyone who is a Labour MP does it for anything other than honourable reasons but the fact that the Labour leavers have completely ignored the fact that it’s going to make their constituents worse off and keep voting for Brexit is absolutely shameful.

• Like 2

What a surprise. May's speech went down like a fart in a dry suit. France pushing for short extension then out (which May doesn't really want) or just straight out. Who can blame them?

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

What a surprise. May's speech went down like a fart in a dry suit. France pushing for short extension then out (which May doesn't really want) or just straight out. Who can blame them?

I think we'll still get it. I understand Macron's view but it doesn't sound like anyone else really supports him.

28 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think we'll still get it. I understand Macron's view but it doesn't sound like anyone else really supports him.

Agreed. May is fucking bonkers. The deal Tusk wants to offer is flexible so that if she can get this WA through, we can leave whenever. But she is deliberately putting pressure on herself. I know this is probably a sop to the ERG but still. Its like when the government were desperate to get the ECJ to find against us having the unilateral right to revoke A50. Trying to take our own options of the table ffs. Ironically our best leverage now.

Edited by Renton