Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Ian Dunt has written an article saying that the idea we need to hold the referendum by October is wrong. We just need to agree to hold one and set the ball in motion. That'll be enough. 

Aye but when I say quickly I mean it'll probably be the first thing on the table once May 22nd goes past without a deal being agreed. Once the Tories have to fight the EU elections, I think PV2 will be the only way forward to stop the damage to themselves - and that really is all they seem to care about.

May is the fucking pits. Any normal person would be humiliated by last night's proceedings and would turn up today with some humility and a changed perspective on what's required to get this sorted. This cunt is just stood in Parliament still insisting that the best thing for everyone to do would be to agree her deal. 

She is the absolute dregs. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

May is the fucking pits. Any normal person would be humiliated by last night's proceedings and would turn up today with some humility and a changed perspective on what's required to get this sorted. This cunt is just stood in Parliament still insisting that the best thing for everyone to do would be to agree her deal. 

She is the absolute dregs. 

Have to say mind, it's starting to cross into the realm of comedy for me :lol:

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

When you consider what that money could have been used for...

Loose change compared to the 40 billion quid a year Brexit is already costing us. 

I was at a conference on medical technologies yesterday. The sector is in turmoil because we simply don't know what the future for device regulation is. I was due to go to another conference about this, the effect of Brexit on regulation. Its just been cancelled because nobody knows if we are going Brexit or not, or what type of Brexit it will be. I think it must be directly affecting about half of workers now. 

34 minutes ago, Renton said:

Loose change compared to the 40 billion quid a year Brexit is already costing us. 

I was at a conference on medical technologies yesterday. The sector is in turmoil because we simply don't know what the future for device regulation is. I was due to go to another conference about this, the effect of Brexit on regulation. Its just been cancelled because nobody knows if we are going Brexit or not, or what type of Brexit it will be. I think it must be directly affecting about half of workers now. 

This is the thing that really is fucking nuts about this. This uncertainty is actually affecting my personal life to some degree, and I really don't have much call for it to do so. If it's affecting individual lives, it must be wreaking absolute havoc with business. How on earth are we supposed to prepare for anything? It's not even as if we can say that it will definitely be October since May might get the WA through at any given moment in time and at best we'll get a few days notice (while I do appreciate that there is a transition period attached, there will be some industries that immediately change based on just the outcome becoming clear).

This really isn't about the political parties anymore, it's way fucking bigger than them. If they can't sort this out, fine, but give it back to the people. Fuck off trying to hold the country to ransom just to get the perfect deal through for their parties.

I'd say about 20% of my colleagues are EU nationals. I've never asked, but I'm sure this uncertainty is doing wonders for their mental health. I'm just so sick of this shit. Then CT wonders why I get wound up when he thinks it's all a laugh and BAU. Or worse, he does it deliberately. 

I do think the best thing we can do now is let our thoughts be known in the EP elections. It needs coordination though. Perhaps the 6 million petition shows this is possible. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'd say about 20% of my colleagues are EU nationals. I've never asked, but I'm sure this uncertainty is doing wonders for their mental health. I'm just so sick of this shit. Then CT wonders why I get wound up when he thinks it's all a laugh and BAU. Or worse, he does it deliberately. 

I do think the best thing we can do now is let our thoughts be known in the EP elections. It needs coordination though. Perhaps the 6 million petition shows this is possible. 

It does need co-ordination, but the best vehicle to mobilise behind in theory is Labour and they remain totally clouded on their actual preference. I'm not voting for them again only to see a renewed narrative for "80% of people voting for Brexit backing parties". If Labour come out unequivocally for PV2, then they're the best bet for making the point. If they don't then Remainers need to abandon them entirely - the problem is rallying people around something else, and getting the message out widely enough.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'm not voting for them again only to see a renewed narrative for "80% of people voting for Brexit backing parties".

But they were a Brexit backing party and you voted for them. :dunno: 

1 minute ago, Meenzer said:

I stand by that vote actually, because it was clear as day that many Remain voters backed Labour because their position was actually pretty nebulous, and that suppressing a Tory majority was the only chance we stood of achieving anything. It's by virtue of the remainer rally to Labour that we're still in the game at all.

But what it wasn't, was an indication that 80% of people wanted Brexit.

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree. Still got a bit of time left. Most important thing is everybody makes sure they are registered and get out and vote. Good thing is the pro-Brexit vote is split thanks to Farage (and Batten being a lunatic), and early polls show the tories are going to be hammered. 

3 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Ignoring the fact FPTP makes it effectively a 2 horse race and the election wasn't fought on a single issue. I voted against the tories, not for Labour. Naughty, Meenzer. 

Should we be pleased about the Brexit Party getting going? It'll presumably divide the Brexiters in the local elections. Also, dare I say it, less extreme now than UKIP?

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Should we be pleased about the Brexit Party getting going? It'll presumably divide the Brexiters in the local elections. Also, dare I say it, less extreme now than UKIP?

Definitely. Brexit vote will be split between the cons, UKip and BP. Mind, the remain vote is in danger of being split between Labour (depending on their policies), LD, and tIG (should they stand). But I have also heard a lot of gammons say they will boycott the election. Get a high turnout and I am sure we can send a positive message to the EU. 

2 hours ago, Renton said:

CT’s an unmitigated cunt. If you let him bother you he’s gained another little victory